TT Isle of Man - The Game

Nope still waiting. It was promised this week so my fingers are crossed for tomorrow.

Edit: Damn!! Just checked the Facebook page and now they are saying end of next week :(

oh dear, well have a virtual beer (or a real one) and practise...wait...better hold off on the real one then! Then again if I go for it full throttle I crash like I've had a few! MS seem to be really crap with patches this gen, hopefully you'll get it sooner and it should help, although I'm still tinkering with steering and not sure which % is best...although it is low usually between 20 and 40%.

9a3q.jpg

How do you get your screenshots to look like that? In all your shots I've seen either depth of field or some kind of shutter speed thing to show motion blur. Is it something like nVidia Ansel or is Photoshop involved?
Yes, it's nVidia Ansel all the time.
But...
TT 1.0 no DOF
TT 1.1 DOF working
TT 1.2 no DOF
Don't know why.
So my last sreenshot was made with photshop ;)

Who's done the 4 or 6 lap races and no crash, Andy?
Yes it's my only goal, like in real life. If they crash at the TT they normally end up dead. So I try to run the sim like that. My lap times are slower obviously but I am only competing against the AI riders any way (not interested in online leaderboard artificial times). My only goal is clean laps using helmet cam. It's a real struggle and is taking some concentration especially after 2 laps for me. And I only do it at the TT circuit with the AI riders getting in the way or me getting in their way. Damn it's good fun. I can't keep up with the expert AI but I can keep up with the difficult AI. I suppose it's only fair that the weird rear end physics thing also applies to the AI because I have seen them crash weirdly too.
I do pause the game at the pitstop for a quick drink and a stretch though. :thumbsup:

Yes it's my only goal, like in real life. If they crash at the TT they normally end up dead. So I try to run the sim like that. My lap times are slower obviously but I am only competing against the AI riders any way (not interested in online leaderboard artificial times). My only goal is clean laps using helmet cam. It's a real struggle and is taking some concentration especially after 2 laps for me. And I only do it at the TT circuit with the AI riders getting in the way or me getting in their way. Damn it's good fun. I can't keep up with the expert AI but I can keep up with the difficult AI. I suppose it's only fair that the weird rear end physics thing also applies to the AI because I have seen them crash weirdly too.
I do pause the game at the pitstop for a quick drink and a stretch though. :thumbsup:

how many have you done? i was SO narked I crashed at Sulby bridge to stop 2 in a row.

I do quite a few clean laps now. I’ve now learned the course well enough to know where the limits are on every corner, where my braking points are, how much grip is on the exit, and what gear I need to be in. Once you get to that point you can ride within yourself quite nicely. The only accidents I have now are where bullshit with other riders occurs, I get distracted/lose concentration, or I’m pushing hard and I’m on the limit.

This is all supersport bikes though. On the big bikes I’m all over the shop.

Oh man I was hoping the patch would be out imminently on Xbox. The thing that annoys me most is the sound getting out of sync on longer races. I rely quite heavily on the engine noise when I’m holding speed round long corners or gradually accelerating out of a corner. Makes it really tough when the sound is all over the place.

Managed to get my time down to 17.20 this evening in an online race. One crash. I also did a couple of nice consistent 17.40s in earlier races with no crashes and managed two consecutive laps with no crashes in career mode.

I’ve got this dude called Ginge that I have a friendly rivalry with on the Xbox multiplayers. We both seem to be on together a couple of times a week and we’re completely evenly matched. I was against him again earlier and we had an all time classic. I was number one on the road, him number two.

I started off not feeling too competitive and I was pootling a long on what ended up being a PB lap trying to keep things clean when I notice my nemesis appearing in my mirrors on the way down to Kirkmichael. That’s when I knew I had to floor it. We raced nose to tail for literally two laps the other night and he beat me by 5s in the end, and I needed some vengeance.

Pulled my finger out and took a risk at Ballacrye, nailing those turns faster than I’ve ever managed before. Then in those sweeping turns from Ballacrye to Ballaugh I got a bit of a lead. Got squiffy over Ballaugh bridge though and so we were nose to tail all the way to Sulby bridge. We briefly touched on the right left right left on the way to Sulby straight but I left him for dead on the run from Churchtown to Ramsey. I know this boy is seriously quick over the mountain, so I pushed hard and took some risks to eke out about 10 seconds (give or take) over the first part of the mountain. I made a mistake at Brandywell which lost me some time and I got a bit sideways at Kate’s cottage on the run to the Creg, but I thought I had it in the bag at this point.

Nailed the 6th gear left hander after the Creg and hit the 4th gear right afterwards. Kept my nose clean at Signpost, but he was closing in. He was getting closer at the hairpins and I thought all was lost. I would win on the road but lose by 3-4 seconds on the clock. But he must have got sideways out of the last corner, and by some fluke I beat him by 0.1 seconds. Awesome racing.

Ginge, if you read this, thanks for some great racing mate. I love our duels!

Image of our times below:

Dv5HgLH_d.jpg

https://m.imgur.com/a/UrJmo

Managed to get my time down to 17.20 this evening in an online race. One crash. I also did a couple of nice consistent 17.40s in earlier races with no crashes and managed two consecutive laps with no crashes in career mode.

I’ve got this dude called Ginge that I have a friendly rivalry with on the Xbox multiplayers. We both seem to be on together a couple of times a week and we’re completely evenly matched. I was against him again earlier and we had an all time classic. I was number one on the road, him number two.

I started off not feeling too competitive and I was pootling a long on what ended up being a PB lap trying to keep things clean when I notice my nemesis appearing in my mirrors on the way down to Kirkmichael. That’s when I knew I had to floor it. We raced nose to tail for literally two laps the other night and he beat me by 5s in the end, and I needed some vengeance.

Pulled my finger out and took a risk at Ballacrye, nailing those turns faster than I’ve ever managed before. Then in those sweeping turns from Ballacrye to Ballaugh I got a bit of a lead. Got squiffy over Ballaugh bridge though and so we were nose to tail all the way to Sulby bridge. We briefly touched on the right left right left on the way to Sulby straight but I left him for dead on the run from Churchtown to Ramsey. I know this boy is seriously quick over the mountain, so I pushed hard and took some risks to eke out about 10 seconds (give or take) over the first part of the mountain. I made a mistake at Brandywell which lost me some time and I got a bit sideways at Kate’s cottage on the run to the Creg, but I thought I had it in the bag at this point.

Nailed the 6th gear left hander after the Creg and hit the 4th gear right afterwards. Kept my nose clean at Signpost, but he was closing in. He was getting closer at the hairpins and I thought all was lost. I would win on the road but lose by 3-4 seconds on the clock. But he must have got sideways out of the last corner, and by some fluke I beat him by 0.1 seconds. Awesome racing.

Ginge, if you read this, thanks for some great racing mate. I love our duels!

Image of our times below:

Dv5HgLH_d.jpg

https://m.imgur.com/a/UrJmo
Great read mate, that must be brilliant to have someone so closely matched that you can enjoy racing with.

Another thing I've noticed with my personal handling woes, is that the rear just keeps on sliding and sliding and sliding, I think that's why I've never had a high side (has anyone had a high side in the game?). Had a weird crash which seemed to go on forever but looked like a car tank slapper where the rear end went, I countersteered and it went the other way, so I countersteered that slide (all the while off any brake and throttle input) and speared into the hedge. I've NEVER seen any bikes crash like that (nothing like a real bike tank slapper where it violently shakes until the rider either goes down or saves it (somehow!)).

I just think the rear is WAY WAY WAY too stiff, coupled with no auto weight shift forward and back (like in MS games), no ability to change the setup of the bike and no auto countersteering (again like in MS games) makes it impossible for me to fully enjoy the game.

It's still an awesome game just for the TT course, but could be so much better and I'm praying it gets there.

Yeah I’ve not had a high side either. The bike just continues to slide at rear end until you end up in the hedge. That’s my biggest gripe: the lack of feel it gives you when the bike is sliding out round corners. The weird rear end slides under braking are stupid but you can largely stop them by shifting your weight back (I’ve learned they’re small stoppies at high speed, but again lack of feedback from the game makes this hard to handle and prevent).

Some corners on this track are - obviously - more enjoyable to ride than others. There are some where I feel like I can attack them, but others where I always mess up and hate riding.

My top three favourite corners are:

3) Glen Helen: I love the left hander near the end. If you get your line perfect it’s possible to do it in third gear, sparks flying where you’re leaning the bike down. It’s a corner and section that you can make up lots of time on if you flow through correctly and the last left hander is crucial for this.

2) Brandish Corner: This is the long, sweeping 6th year left hander after the Creg. It’s not the most challenging but there’s just something satisfying about taking a corner at 170mph.

1) Quarry Bends: This is the right left right left on the way to Sulby straight. If you get these perfect it can shave seconds off your lap time. On the way down from Ballaugh I brake at the last possible second to knock it down to 5th for the first right hander. Then I use engine braking, feathering the throttle for the crucial left hander, keeping it in 5th. You need to nail this left, as it sets you up for the next right left, which are both taken flat out as you head towards the fastest part of the course.

Honourable mention: Cronk Urleigh, the sweeping left handers before the run down to Douglas Road Corner before you head through Kirkmichael.

My least favourite corners are:

3) Union Mills: Well not technically Union Mills itself, but the left hander at the crest of that hill that you hit at top speed. I’ve had so many accidents there.

2) Waterworks: These are the two right handers after the Ramsey Hairpin on the run up to the Gooseneck and the mountain. It’s so easy to try and carry too much speed into these and very hard to ride them right.

1) Cruickshanks: This is that awful right hander up May Hill after the Parliament Square corner in Ramsey, just before the hairpin and the mountain. I’ve had more crashes here than I can count. It’s just so slippery and the bike always ends up sliding with those weird animations. Nowadays I take it at super slow speed in 1st just to make sure I done slide off. I despise this corner.

So, what are your favourite and least favourite corners or parts of the track? This image should help you with corner names if you’re not sure: https://goo.gl/images/uDYNg5

I do quite a few clean laps now. I’ve now learned the course well enough to know where the limits are on every corner, where my braking points are, how much grip is on the exit, and what gear I need to be in. Once you get to that point you can ride within yourself quite nicely. The only accidents I have now are where bullshit with other riders occurs, I get distracted/lose concentration, or I’m pushing hard and I’m on the limit.

This is all supersport bikes though. On the big bikes I’m all over the shop.

I'm getting there slowly, there a lot of sections where I either get the weird rear end crashes or I am too cautious, just can't find the balance. It's basically every deceptive corner that looks faster than it is and as soon as I try to correct it by lifting off I'm plowing into the hedge/wall. Once I learn all those corners I'll be better (which will be 2078!) ;)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 34.1%