TT Isle of Man - The Game

I know it's cliche, but hauling ass down Bray Hill into Quarterbridge without lifting still supplies an incredible thrill. :)

Yeah can’t disagree with that. I usually have a little lift tbh if I’m not going from a standing start as I have a habit of crashing at Bray Hill if I go flat, but it’s good fun. Ballascary is another fun corner when you get your peel in point right and do it flat.

My suggestion was aimed at Mr Damage to enable him to do clean laps easier. That is all.
I am not trying to get him to make the game more of a challenge (I think it is for many already).
I also use the aids on some bikes, especially the 1000cc superbikes as does my own GSXR1000. I am thinking the physics faults are increased with the aids. Hence my suggestion to only try that certain combination that seems to work for me regarding the rear end weirdness.

Anyway, this whole physics thing was expected. This is Kylotonn. They don't have any one on their team that can programme proper physics. They also don't have anyone who can do proper replays. They are Kylotonn.

But in the mean time, I truly love this game in the way I am playing it. It is the best representation of the TT since the PS2 Real Road Racers games.

I had a play about adding and removing the aids and they actually remove a lot of the physics problems caused by weight shifting (or lack thereof). Most of the problems are when you’re on the limit and don’t shift your weight to the back under braking and forwards under acceleration, or simply carry too much speed into a corner.

I love this game too, but TBH it’s despite the physics and gameplay rather than because of them. You just can’t beat the thrill of the mountain and it is perfectly rendered/executed in this game. I’ve found the super sport bikes give a far more enjoyable riding experience as you can actually push and the weird physics stuff happens less. On the superbikes you’re in the lap of the Gods a lot of the time if you don’t hit your line etc. perfectly.

Hi i have noticed allot of PC users mentioning that the game stutters allot and really spoils the flow of the game , how true is this please, also bike physics seems to be a issue , to me the game looks good, but i would really appreciate some helpful comments regarding the purchase of this game thanks.

Hi i have noticed allot of PC users mentioning that the game stutters allot and really spoils the flow of the game , how true is this please, also bike physics seems to be a issue , to me the game looks good, but i would really appreciate some helpful comments regarding the purchase of this game thanks.
It's very cheap to buy. The game only occasionally has a stutter for me when it seems to load a new area in.
I think if you read our little discussions about on here, that should give you a good idea of the game.
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tt-isle-of-man-ride-on-the-edge-pc-steam-cd-key

I think pretty much we all agree that the rear end needs working on.. Definitely I would say for all of the reasons voiced by people. Atm it does in its behaviour on the "limit" lack realism in its "feel" and its behaviour. Turning off the assists and managing body position does help with things though I think as people have said. But yes there's maybe some car physics mixed in there. I don't think this physics model was made from scratch. I think it was evolved from their car racing games.. That's my guess anyway.

Also, personally, I would say don't forget about the front end either. I want the front to "tuck" more easily if I overdo it on the brake when trailing it in..

Tyre physics? This is maybe part of the problem with the front and back end of the bike also? That's where I personally think gp500 by Melbourne House shone and this improved imo the behaviour and "feel" of the front and rear of the bikes in that game.

Suspension? I agree this also is most probably detracting somewhat from the accuracy and "feel" of the physics.

It's sort of close to being really good in my opinion. Six months more of development focused upon the physics modelling and it could be brilliant.

Having said all that I am really happy that this game exists and I am loving the experience, with a few (arguably quite serious) niggles in terms of its physics model, of racing on it. If it suddenly did not exist any longer and it was all a figment of my imagination I would miss it quite a lot I think.. Actually a heck of a lot if I am honest.

"Midge" ;)

Last edited:
Still expensive for a single track - seems like a demo release to me.

Like a racing game that only releases the ring and calls it finished
I know you are trolling but I'll give the info anyway. There are quite a few tracks actually but only one that's actually worth the full asking price and more. The greatest sim track ever made in my opinion. For the price of some DLC in other games, this is a bargain.

Last edited:
Being different to any other racing game out there, it really depends on personal preferences, on what you're looking for...
  • ....if you like motorcycles (modern sportbikes/racebikes).
  • ....if you feel interested by real life racing events on (closed) public roads, such as the IOM TT.
  • ....if you're considering a game controller with analog support for steering, throtle and brake.
  • ....if your computer meets the recommended specs of the developer.
  • ....if you can excuse some limitations and small technical faults (hopefully patched/updated later).
  • ....if you like difficult "simulation" games which require interest and patience, but are rewarding and immersive along the learning process.

My current opinion is that, at 40.00 Euros, the game has a somewhat inflated price.
But some places are selling its Steam key on discount, such as cdkeys.com like Andy_J mentioned above. (for other places, also see HERE)

Yes, there are some bike physics issues, some small stuttering may occur here and there, and the career mode is a bit barren. But I still feel the game is totally worth it.

Regarding the tracks, and at the end of it all, the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy (mountain course) is legendary, possibly the oldest racing event and course on the planet. Think of it like this - if the Nordschleife is "The Mother" then the IOM TT course is "The Father" - it easily takes the cake on tradition and difficulty. And the real track rendition in this game is absolutely spot on (trully phenomenal), a masterpiece that is worth the price of admission - you won't find anything close to this anywhere else.
Also, while the other tracks present in the game are much, much shorter, they're also excelent as well, a lot of fun and just as worthy of the time around them. (I'd recommend a CBR600RR on the Tyrone and Hertfordshire tracks for a begginer, to get a feel of it all before going all over the Isle of Man course)

Regarding the simulated vehicles in game... on one hand, the Superbike class motorcycles (1000cc engine) are absurdly overpowered and overdone in the game (IMHO, and I avoid them like the plague) but, on the other hand, the Supersport class motorcycles (~600cc engine) are among the most immersive simulation experiences of modern motorcycles that I've ever experimented on a PC game. I can't say enough good things about them. (I just wish the Lightweight and Classic-TT classes were in this game as well)

PS: regarding the stuttering in game... for me, adjusting some in-game graphics options helped a lot, such as changing particles to 'OFF', the shadows to 'Average', and V-Sync to 'ON' (in game options), combined with "force adaptive v-sync" in the drivers settings (I use Nvidia Inspector for that), it now makes for a very smooth and trouble free experience.

Last edited:
I recommend watching the video in this thread https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/tt-isle-of-man-the-game-real-vs-sim.149182/ just to see how accurate the Isle of Man course is in the game compared to reality.

As DucFreak said, there are other shorter road circuits in the game which are fun (including The Triangle which is based on the Northwest 200, and I think Antrim is based on the Ulster GP course), but I paid £17 with the sole intention of having the opportunity to finally have a go at the TT, and it's worth every penny. Just for that. It's breathtaking.

Sorry for the O.T. ...
there are other shorter road circuits in the game which are fun (including The Triangle which is based on the Northwest 200, and I think Antrim is based on the Ulster GP course
Yes, and IMHO they're worthy as well. :thumbsup:
Specifically in the case of Antrim, I think they're trying to base in the course used in the Mid Antrim 150 Road Race in Northern Ireland(?).

Last edited:
Being different to any other racing game out there, it really depends on personal preferences, on what you're looking for...
  • ....if you like motorcycles (modern sportbikes/racebikes).
  • ....if you feel interested by real life racing events on (closed) public roads, such as the IOM TT.
  • ....if you're considering a game controller with analog support for steering, throtle and brake.
  • ....if your computer meets the recommended specs of the developer.
  • ....if you can excuse some limitations and small technical faults (hopefully patched/updated later).
  • ....if you like difficult "simulation" games which require interest and patience, but are rewarding and immersive along the learning process.

My current opinion is that, at 40.00 Euros, the game has a somewhat inflated price. But some places are already selling its Steam key on discount (see HERE).

Yes, there are some bike physics issues, some small stuttering may occur here and there, and the career mode is a bit barren. But I still feel the game is totally worth it.

Regarding the tracks, and at the end of it all, the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy (mountain course) is legendary, possibly the oldest racing event and course on the planet. Think of it like this - if the Nordschleife is "The Mother" then the IOM TT course is "The Father" - it easily takes the cake on tradition and difficulty. And the real track rendition in this game is absolutely spot on (trully phenomenal), a masterpiece that is worth the price of admission - you won't find anything close to this anywhere else.
Also, while the other tracks present in the game are much, much shorter, they're also excelent as well, a lot of fun and just as worthy the time around. (I'd recommend a CBR600RR on the Tyrone and Hertfordshire tracks for a begginer, to get a feel of it all before going all over the Isle of Man course)

Regarding the simulated vehicles in game... on one hand, the Superbike class motorcycles (1000cc engine) are absurdly overpowered and overdone in the game (IMHO, and I avoid them like the plague) but, on the other hand, the Supersport class motorcycles (~600cc engine) are among the most immersive simulation experiences of modern motorcycles that I've ever experimented on a PC game. I can't say enough good things about them. (I just wish the Lightweight and Classic-TT classes were in this game as well)

Thanks allot will take this onboard

PS: regarding the stuttering in game... for me, adjusting some in-game graphics options helped a lot, such as changing particles to 'OFF', the shadows to 'Average', and V-Sync to 'ON' (in game options), combined with "force adaptive v-sync" in the drivers settings (I use Nvidia Inspector for that), it now makes for a very smooth and trouble free experience.

I'm not going to echo the other replies they have covered why you should get this, I just want to emphasize how much fun it is and this is coming from someone who plays it with a wheel.

I’m getting increasingly consistent with my clean laps now. Did three sub 17.30 laps all clean tonight on the CBR600. Managed a couple of clean laps on the big bikes now but I still end up losing it in seemingly random places thanks to the weird physics.

so this game's devs actively make youtube ban someone who shared a hotlap video with their game? i'm not a very Clever man and i know it's their right, but i don't think it could be a good marketing plan for a little game like this

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back