TT Isle of Man - The Game

Yeah I’ve not had a high side either. The bike just continues to slide at rear end until you end up in the hedge. That’s my biggest gripe: the lack of feel it gives you when the bike is sliding out round corners. The weird rear end slides under braking are stupid but you can largely stop them by shifting your weight back (I’ve learned they’re small stoppies at high speed, but again lack of feedback from the game makes this hard to handle and prevent).

In the MIlestone games I can modulate the throttle to control rear slides, yeah If I gas it to much or lift off too much I crash (which is a bit too easy to avoid as it's a MS game), but this game...yeah it's just wrong. Praying for a physics patch!

I do wish I could shift rider weight front/back, thing is if I do that I can't steer properly and then crash! And that's IOMTT AND Milestone games (thank god I can set MS games to auto!)

I'm getting there slowly, there a lot of sections where I either get the weird rear end crashes or I am too cautious, just can't find the balance. It's basically every deceptive corner that looks faster than it is and as soon as I try to correct it by lifting off I'm plowing into the hedge/wall. Once I learn all those corners I'll be better (which will be 2078!) ;)

It takes less time than you think to learn the course. I was feeling hopeless about it and wondering how the real TT racers remember every corner, and then suddenly it just clicked. I was recognising sections I’d ridden before and then going “aha” when I went from one bit I recognised into another. Before long I’d learned the course. My advice is to do time attack mode section by section until you learn them and can nail them clean.

I think with IOM TT it is the case that we all play this game (more than just a game imo..more of a "sim" with a simplified physics model with arguably a few flaws) the way we prefer to play it..

Personally, with the improvement in the consistency and predictability of the physics I am now approaching this in the manner that if I crash it is race and/or lap over. So if I do "bin-it" I restart the lap (if I am "hot-lapping" for a p.b.) or count it as a race with a DNF on my part.

That way I seem to enjoy this game even more although this is taking the edge off my lap-times at my limited skill level.

I have a friend who is now to my knowledge in 1st place on the global leaderboards on PS4 who doesn't care if he crashes provided he runs a "leaderboard" challenging time. He is beginning to get very frustrated with the physics as he is pushing the envelope of what is possible so hard.. He's not having as much fun as I am but what he is striving to achieve is way above what I am capable of doing with this game if I am honest. I can race him and beat him (sometimes) on the short circuits on motogp and RIDE 2 (if he has a "bad hair day") but on the IOM TT Mountain course he is on another level to me.. So deep respect to him.

My feeling is to run this thing in the best way that you have fun with it. Huge respect to the fast guys though from me..

"Midge" ;)

I agree on the rear end but to cheekily play devil's advocate on this when was the last time you saw a high-side at the IOM TT? Also when I "ride" the old and venerable gp500 simulation game (by Melbourne House) on the "Mini" IOM TT track I very rarely suffer any high-side crashes on a racing simulation game that is renowned for "high-sides" on the grand prix tracks.. So do I feel as though I am missing out that much by not suffering "high-side" crashes? No tbh. Not really. But I would still prefer that Kylotonn did some more work on that rear end..for more "feel" and realism.

"Midge"

Personally, with the improvement in the consistency and predictability of the physics I am now approaching this in the manner that if I crash it is race and/or lap over. So if I do "bin-it" I restart the lap (if I am "hot-lapping" for a p.b.) or count it as a race with a DNF on my part.

Same here. I would have liked the game to a special realistic hardcore mode that forced all aids off, forced helmet cam on and made you restart if you crash. Obviously this would be a selectable mode so that you have the choice. :cool:

I understand some of you will find it difficult but after some practice it is fine. I can do clean laps all the time now and it only took a week. But this game takes skill and some of you just don't have it.:whistling:

Why should my 'skillz' have to account for mediocre physics?

It takes less time than you think to learn the course. I was feeling hopeless about it and wondering how the real TT racers remember every corner, and then suddenly it just clicked. I was recognising sections I’d ridden before and then going “aha” when I went from one bit I recognised into another. Before long I’d learned the course. My advice is to do time attack mode section by section until you learn them and can nail them clean.

Yup, some sections are recognisable, many bits still eluding me. I just feel I'm fighting the physics too much at the moment and I think that's having an obvious detrimental effect.

He is beginning to get very frustrated with the physics as he is pushing the envelope of what is possible so hard.

I'm not pushing the envelope, but I'm getting really frustrated with the physics at the mo, tyre grip loss and what the bikes does at that point is utterly broken at the moment IMO, I also don't like the leaning physics either. It's hard to explain but I feel that the initial bike reaction is too slow/laboured, then as I steer more the bike suddenly leans too much and I feel I'm keeping the bike up more than going around a corner. Last time I checked you don't "keep a bike up" when it's leaning as the thing always wants to go upright, I never cornered hard in reality but I presume it takes quite a bit of effort the more the bike is leant over? The game feels like the opposite of that to me. Actually I can equate it to my own experience.....When I rode it was fun and a LOT of commuting to work, Mainly motorway so I squared off my tyres after a few thousand miles, I knew it was time for a tyre change when I cornered and I had to get it past the "lip" of that squared off bit, then once on the good still curved bit of the tyre the bike would suddenly lean more because of the effort I had to put in to get it past that squared off edge "lip". Scared the bejesus out of me everytime, then when I put new "boots" on the difference in cornering was mind boggling and Sooooo smooth! IOM steering feels like a squared off tyre and the MS games like Ride 2/MGP feel like a brand new tyre.

So luckily with the TT course being so fast the bad side of the physics isn't in my face all the time, but the slower stuff just feels awful. :(

Same here. I would have liked the game to a special realistic hardcore mode that forced all aids off, forced helmet cam on and made you restart if you crash. Obviously this would be a selectable mode so that you have the choice. :cool:

the leaderboards should defo only have times without crashes at the top, at the very least.

I agree on the rear end but to cheekily play devil's advocate on this when was the last time you saw a high-side at the IOM TT? Also when I "ride" the old and venerable gp500 simulation game (by Melbourne House) on the "Mini" IOM TT track I very rarely suffer any high-side crashes on a racing simulation game that is renowned for "high-sides" on the grand prix tracks.. So do I feel as though I am missing out that much by not suffering "high-side" crashes? No tbh. Not really. But I would still prefer that Kylotonn did some more work on that rear end..for more "feel" and realism.

"Midge"

But do bikes have uncontrollable lift off oversteer? I've never known it myself. Also I've farted about with the other tracks and never had a high side even trying to instigate one, the rear just does weird stuff (as does the front). I hate to say it but I think the physics are pretty awful. Thank god the TT course is so good! :)

But do bikes have uncontrollable lift off oversteer? I've never known it myself. Also I've farted about with the other tracks and never had a high side even trying to instigate one, the rear just does weird stuff (as does the front). I hate to say it but I think the physics are pretty awful. Thank god the TT course is so good! :)
Lift oversteer :confused: I don't think this game is that complex, But I guess I know what you mean.
Now I have tried Body weight shifting in the game ,and have discovered how much influence it has.
I will try and explain.
When you come at high speed on a real bike and wants to brake down for a corner -your arms will stretch and your body will move slightly backwards ( stabilising the rear ) .
The Game wants you to do this --if you don't the bike will do what you call lift oversteer .1.you lift the gas.
2. you Brake---the game discovers you haven't moved back --it throws you off ( feels like lift oversteer )
After using weight shifting --when I move back and brake , the brake distance is HALF of what it used to be :confused:--when I move forward under acceleration even on the Suter 500 :O_o: the front wheel stays down no matter what gear your in. So moving the body in this game have a HUGE influence on the driving.
The closest you come to lift oversteer on a Bike is when you have a V2 for example high capacity 1000 cc ( Suzuki made a model before the SV 1000 that could do this if not careful ) close the gas to abrupt from high revs --and the engine braking could lock up the rear wheel...

Last edited:
To me it feels like the lean-angle of the bike is disconnected from the physics in a way that makes the whole thing feel weird.
Now I know this is my personal oppinion/theory and that's hard to compare any real world experience with different bikes to playing a game/sim with an controller, but I have some real world experience driving road bikes at speed around tight corners, so I'll just compare what I feel and tell you my personal thoughts about it.
Back to the lean-angle; what I meant is that my suspicion is that the lean-angle is calculated as a result of speed and controller input that then determines the corner radius, and the the lean is derived as a result of that, instead of the other way around. Like this:
Speed + control input = corner radius -> appropriate lean-angle
Instead of:
Speed + control input = lean-angle -> corner radius
And I also get the feeling that rear wheel slip and everything else is calculated before lean-angle and that's why it feels so strange when the rear looses grip and you have very little chance of recovering, even if it can be done.
Someone said it before and I think its partly true; they adjusted car-physics to resemble bike physics, and then threw some lean-angle calculations on top of that.
This might all be completely wrong from my end, but I dont know anything about programming physics so I just want to share the feeling I get when playing the game.
And don't get me wrong, I love the game and I enjoy it immensely, I just would love to get some better and more natural feeling when riding around this amazing track.

In the MIlestone games I can modulate the throttle to control rear slides, yeah If I gas it to much or lift off too much I crash (which is a bit too easy to avoid as it's a MS game), but this game...yeah it's just wrong. Praying for a physics patch!

I do wish I could shift rider weight front/back, thing is if I do that I can't steer properly and then crash! And that's IOMTT AND Milestone games (thank god I can set MS games to auto!)

Good points presented by both of you, I think.

But, for a start, I wouldn't look at Milestone games as some kind of landmark for motorcycles physics - while very, very decent in that regard (MotoGP2017 is quite alright, IMO), it easy to see/feel that all MotoGP, WSBK, and RIDE game series have been made to be easily aproached (i.e, slightly "arcadey" on purpose). :)

Look at GPBikes if you want pretty darn good physics, both in realism and "feeling". IMHO, it does crush anything out there in that department. But then it doesn't have any single-player features worthy of consideration, and it's locked in perpetual "beta" stage (born to suffer a slow-death, I guess). :unsure:
Even the jurassic GP500 in simulation mode (ridiculously old as it is, dates back to 1999) can be a better example of a simulation game with good interpretation of motorcycle physics (at least if comparing to most games that Milestone did, post SBK2001), but then I'm probably biased by the nostalgia. :geek:

And I think this is why IOM-TT is making so much noise lately - it combines a few elements of difficulty and realism that have been missing for many, many years. Kind of what GP500 and SBK2001 did at launch, both of which are closing to two decades now. There hasn't been anything like them since.
And it's why IOM-TT, even with all its problems, feels refreshing and far more appealing to me than anything Milestone has done in the last decade. :inlove:

Besides what I mentioned in 1st post, what I think IOM-TT is missing most is the feel of suspension - it feels extremely stiff. Strangely so, almost as if there's no suspension at all.
And, in that, I also agree with the comments pointing to a suspicious usage of car physics base in this game. There are some really odd things, physics wise, in the way the bike's overall reactions work in this game (suspension, tyres, brakes, weight transfer and traction).
Also, I understand those mentioning that it's impossible to judge with a gamepad, being absurdly far from what you do IRL over a motorcycle, but I'd say we can use it and still make pretty good judgement on what is right and wrong in a motorcycle simulation, so long as you're making use of analog steering, throtle and brakes, and FFB/vibration. (EDIT: the post right above this one by Sinner_McSaint is a very good aproach to the matter)
BTW, I can't seem to understand why a Honda CBR600RR would be so different (and easier) than a Yamaha R6, or a Kawa ZX6R for that matter, and why on earth a Triumph 675R handles so "sluggish" in comparison to those, when it's the opposite IRL. :cautious:

Try all aids off except for abs at maximum. See if that makes a difference in any way Mr Damage.
I can agree that's a great idea to increase the challenge of the game, but could never agree with that being a realistic aproach. Actually, the exact opposite in terms of the actual simulation. :)
Especially in the case of the 1000cc SUPERBIKE class, things like Anti-Wheelie and Traction-Control are allowed and certainly used in the competicion by all riders in the class (with varying degrees, depending on individual). And those are the bits that, IMHO, this game (IOM-TT) got right - like in real life, at some point these (legitimate) rider aids stop being a comfortable way to increase overall performance and safety, and start being felt as a nuissance, very intrusive and "not-fun". :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I can agree that's a great idea to increase the challenge of the game, but could never agree with that being a realistic aproach. Actually, the exact opposite in terms of the actual simulation. :)
Especially in the case of the 1000cc SUPERBIKE class, things like Anti-Wheelie and Traction-Control are allowed and certainly used in the competicion by all riders in the class (with varying degrees, depending on individual).
My suggestion was aimed at Mr Damage to enable him to do clean laps easier. That is all.
I am not trying to get him to make the game more of a challenge (I think it is for many already).
I also use the aids on some bikes, especially the 1000cc superbikes as does my own GSXR1000. I am thinking the physics faults are increased with the aids. Hence my suggestion to only try that certain combination that seems to work for me regarding the rear end weirdness.

Anyway, this whole physics thing was expected. This is Kylotonn. They don't have any one on their team that can programme proper physics. They also don't have anyone who can do proper replays. They are Kylotonn.

But in the mean time, I truly love this game in the way I am playing it. It is the best representation of the TT since the PS2 Real Road Racers games.

My suggestion was aimed at Mr Damage to enable him to do clean laps easier. That is all.
I am not trying to get him to make the game more of a challenge (I think it is for many already).
I also use the aids on some bikes, especially the 1000cc superbikes as does my own GSXR1000. I am thinking the physics faults are increased with the aids. Hence my suggestion to only try that certain combination that seems to work for me regarding the rear end weirdness.
I misinterpreted it then (sorry for that).
I've been reading some threads and forums around and have been left (even less) compelled to participate in discussions. Many of us ride IRL and, quite frankly, it's sometimes off-putting to read the heap of "penis-size-contest" childish comments about how people should and shouldn't use the game.. :sick:
I agree that the rider aids can somewhat increase the physics faults (especially if placed over medium level), but not using them unfortunately also creates an extra difficulty that has little to do with realism.

Anyway, this whole physics thing was expected. This is Kylotonn. They don't have any one on their team that can programme proper physics. They also don't have anyone who can do proper replays. They are Kylotonn.
I don't even know what Kylotonn's portfolio is. :redface:
Maybe I'm too naive thinking that, with such a small and focused userbase, any game in this genre (motorcycle simulation) should be always done with the outmust detail, especially physics wise, exactly because it's easily under the criticism of an experienced and judgemental crowd.
Maybe one day with modding........ :rolleyes:

But in the mean time, I truly love this game in the way I am playing it. It is the best representation of the TT since the PS2 Real Road Racers games.
Agreed.
Now, that's a game that I would have liked to see with these graphics, sounds and overall details (the good ones). :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.