TT Isle of Man - The Game

Well guys I have now tried this out on the Steam pc version.

Immediately it is apparent that they have patched the physics model quite noticeably..

Everything is now noticeably more forgiving..brakes, handling (over bumps and camber changes in the road) and on the throttle.. Noticed immediately on heading down Bray Hill that the highly treacherous bump on the left hand side of the road has been smoothed out. It is now discernibly easier to stay onboard. Low speed oversteer has been addressed also. So it's a bit tamer and toned down from before now I think.

I think Kylotonn had to do this tbh to make it more more "accessible" to people generally. Noticeable difference immediately.. It's still a challenge but not quite like the Everest of bike games any longer..lol

I think overall it's a good thing really tbh.

Also immediately apparent is that they have addressed the jerky and exaggerated rider movement(s) in chase view. Which has transformed the whole feel of the game for me in 3rd party view tbh. I can now stand to use it.. So a definite improvement there I feel.

The game is still challenging though. Just not quite as challenging as it was before.

I am going to keep the 6th March PS4 release day physics version on a spare external h/d for when I'm feeling crazy and willing..

Easier to run clean laps now. But still imo a great game..

Hope you are enjoying the Steam version folks! It's still great fun.. ;)

Talking to a friend of mine who runs an HS2 controller he got the thing to work using x360 I believe. Maybe this is a solution for those who prefer a steering wheel and pedals but not sure if you will get and force feedback that way?

So anyway, it runs on my now lower spec. gaming pc pretty well at 60 fps. No stuttering or "slow-downs" once I fiddled around with the video settings in game and matched it with settings in my Nvidia control panel. So pretty happy with that..

"Midge"

Immediately it is apparent that they have patched the physics model quite noticeably..

Everything is now noticeably more forgiving..brakes, handling (over bumps and camber changes in the road) and on the throttle.. Noticed immediately on heading down Bray Hill that the highly treacherous bump on the left hand side of the road has been smoothed out. It is now discernibly easier to stay onboard. Low speed oversteer has been addressed also. So it's a bit tamer and toned down from before now I think.

I think Kylotonn had to do this tbh to make it more more "accessible" to people generally. Noticeable difference immediately.. It's still a challenge but not quite like the Everest of bike games any longer..lol

I think overall it's a good thing really tbh.

Also immediately apparent is that they have addressed the jerky and exaggerated rider movement(s) in chase view. Which has transformed the whole feel of the game for me in 3rd party view tbh. I can now stand to use it.. So a definite improvement there I feel.

The game is still challenging though. Just not quite as challenging as it was before.

I am going to keep the 6th March PS4 release day physics version on a spare external h/d for when I'm feeling crazy and willing..

Easier to run clean laps now. But still imo a great game..

Hope you are enjoying the Steam version folks! It's still great fun.. ;)

Talking to a friend of mine who runs an HS2 controller he got the thing to work using x360 I believe. But not sure if you will get and force feedback that way?

So anyway, it runs on my now lower spec. gaming pc pretty well at 60 fps. No stuttering or "slow-downs" once I fiddled around with the video setting in game and matched it with settings in my Nvidia control panel.
So pretty happy with that..

"Midge"
Nice to hear. It will still be a challenge for those of us who ride with cockpit/helmet cam only. I look forward to this challenge. Not bothered about the 3rd person view as I never ever use that in any sim/game.
Thanks for your honest reports "Midge".:thumbsup:
ps, how much are those HS2 controllers going to be? Do you know?
ps ps, at least its a bit easier now for @Kenny Paton ;)

Nice to hear. It will still be a challenge for those of us who ride with cockpit/helmet cam only. I look forward to this challenge. Not bothered about the 3rd person view as I never ever use that in any sim/game.
Thanks for your honest reports "Midge".:thumbsup:
ps, how much are those HS2 controllers going to be? Do you know?

No worries. As regards the HS bike controllers I can put you in contact with my friend who manufactures and develops them if you wish? The famous "Double Dragon" of gpbikes fame..

The HS2 used in Mike's Sim U.K.'s videos is a prototype. Not really an HS2 as such.. The HS2 itself is no longer manufactured. DD has moved onto the HS3 now which is I think quite a step-up from the HS2. These controllers are expensive but highly rated by those who use them.. I was offered one for free by DD but I was heavily involved in online league racing with a gamepad at the time so I never got the chance to try it out myself. I think Mike got the one that was very kindly offered to me..

"Midge"

Can you suggest the best steering settings I'm finding it very twitchy, I increased the deadline to 25 but I can't seem to get the sensitivity dialed in, although I seem to be slightly better with it at the lower end.
@Andy_J what are you using, imI wondering if a joystick would be better.

Hand up all those who pulled a wheelie after every one of their first few crashes and fell off the back! LOL I did! got that 10 crashes acheivement in the first 2 hours. :)

I think I've only got it into 3rd gear a couple of times before crashing, I really don't like controllers:mad:

Sorry to hear that Kenny, I totally understand that jumping to this game without getting used to a pad is the ultimate trial by fire!!

It's totally worth it though. I managed a 21:01 on ZX6R supersport without the racing line and only crashed twice....I still think the oversteer is weird despite tracey saying it's been tweaked. I can't imagine how it could be worse and still rideable!!

It is considerable harder than Milsetone games so all I can suggest is keep at the Ride demo until some muscle memory is built up, also many corners only need a lift of the throttle which should keep the front under control...sadly there's nothing I can suggest for those kerbs....I've always had the utmost respect for those who tackle the course but I feel it needs to be quadrupled and still they deserve more!

No worries. As regards the HS bike controllers I can put you in contact with my friend who manufactures and develops them if you wish? The famous "Double Dragon" of gpbikes fame..

The HS2 used in Mike's Sim U.K.'s videos is a prototype. Not really an HS2 as such.. The HS2 itself is no longer manufactured. DD has moved onto the HS3 now which is I think quite a step-up from the HS2. These controllers are expensive but highly rated by those who use them.. I was offered one for free by DD but I was heavily involved in online league racing with a gamepad at the time so I never got the chance to try it out myself. I think Mike got the one that was very kindly offered to me..

"Midge"

I'd love one of those, I got in contact with "DD" a year or so back and was so impressed with what he was doing, sadly the high quality bespoke nature of the kit is too much for my shallow pockets. Clearly worth every penny but not for me :( (sobs)...I just wish he could get one of the big names to help out with mass production but keep the quality.

Can you suggest the best steering settings I'm finding it very twitchy, I increased the deadline to 25 but I can't seem to get the sensitivity dialed in, although I seem to be slightly better with it at the lower end.
@Andy_J what are you using, imI wondering if a joystick would be better.

Kenny I've taken a couple of screenies of my settings, can I use the "upload" function of the forum for them or do I need to use an external hosting site?

my settings.....no idea if anyone else will like them, but have a try...I find the steering still a tad too sensitive so may drop it further.
20180327151507_1.jpg
20180327151528_1.jpg

There's a video on YouTube and imI pretty sure the reviewer says it works with pc.
I'll try and find it again.
It does. It needs a PS 2 to PC adaptor and don't bother it's made of Chinese plastic which is about the same as a carrier bag here.

"Midge"
If it's over 200 quid, I wouldn't be interested. But thanks any way. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Agree with Midge, the PC version is totally different than console one. And far better as sense of speed more reasonable, handling more accurate but overseer still a little bit stupid.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 73 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 50 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 53 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 5.7%