TT Isle of Man - The Game

I really hope you guys enjoy the game as much as I do.

The physics side of things is very important with this game. There's no getting away from that.

For me this is a bit of a "slow burner" in that following my initial quite pleasant surprise with the game (from helmet "cam") the more time passes and more laps I complete my understanding of the physics becomes clearer and much more second nature to me and the whole process of getting a fast bike round this amazingly challenging and at times daunting track becomes less of a puzzle for me..

I think at first this will feel like an almighty culture shock to most that has gone before..the physics to begin will feel on a knife-edge. Overdo the braking just a little and you will be down the road.. Get back on the throttle too early and too hard leaving Ballaugh Bridge and the bike will go from under you (it still does on some laps even now) or misjudge the bump on Bray Hill (in terms of road position or throttle) and you will be down in a big, big way.. My god you will think the physics are broken or the game is absurdly hard and unforgiving. I did. Now it's beginning to make much more sense to me. I am swooping more from kerb to kerb on the blind and very fast sections of the course. It flows more. I can brake smoothly and for the most part safely and under decent control. I can even save it now quite often if things go wrong..lock the front but pull back on the left stick and have a chance of not crashing. Before I would veer off often uncontrollably into a wall. This is not gpbikes but I do think the level of physics in this game suits the track in question. And boy what a track it is..

Main thing is to relax, not grip that controller too tightly and let the bike loose to do its thing on the course. The more you fight it the more it seems to get out of control for me. So relax if you can and enjoy the ride.. Ride a gear higher than perhaps you think you ought to be. Keep it on the pipe and flowing smoothly but as fast as you can.

I hope you enjoy the game guys. Not everyone does. Many do however and are beginning to understand it better day by day. It's a fitting tribute to the real event for me. I hope it is for you as well. The sense of speed under the trees is something I have not felt in any other game..gpl dare I say it included which I still play and love. But this is something different..

Not long now for you guys on pc.

"Midge" ;)
I thoroughly enjoy reading your little gems of posts. They really bring a sense of great anticipation for the game and I can feel how much enjoyment you are getting from it. Great stuff :thumbsup:

so, Just like a motorcycle then?

Yes. Sort of. Same sort of thing I think tbh. There is a parallel. Of sorts anyway.. Gripping your handlebars too tightly and too nervously at a track in real life doesn't help much either. Also if your body is too stressed and rigid it obviously doesn't help much either. My dad (who is no longer with us but raced for many years) used to say it was easy in midweek practice to go fast and smoothly but on Sunday in a race sometimes it wasn't.. It's all in the head I guess?

Thought these videos if you haven't seen them already might interest you guys? This is the pc version being reviewed by a friend who runs the Sim UK YouTube channel. He managed to get hold of an early access Steam key.

Hope those trying this for the first time have fun!

Thanks for your encouraging words re. my posts. Sorry if I ramble on a bit too much though.

Best to all, Tracey :)

I did a full lap earlier tonight and had my recording software switched on.

Thought I might as well post it to show you guys a full lap. It was almost "clean" apart from one silly mistake when hard on the front brake.. But this will show you a full lap including the mountain section.

"Midge"
what do you use to record videos?

what do you use to record videos?
On console I use an Elgato game capture HD. This is a throwback to my xbox 360 racing days online.

With the Suter I am having to use anti-wheelie on a minimal setting otherwise you lose too much time progressively through the lap trying to stop the thing popping wheelies everywhere. Otherwise I'm on zero assists. I could post a few videos of me crashing on the Suter before I did this.. lol

well thats not good business, can't even give a confirmed date, weird, everyone but steam seems too say the 27th, n not like they have run out of copies like the console version has in a lot of places

Yeah this is shortsighted on the part of Kylotonn. Why make pc players wait for so much longer without any proper clarification of the date the Steam version will be released? The game is unforgiving and really quite brutal, which for many of us is a good thing, but nevertheless it is perfectly playable imo in its present state. Handling tweaks (required or not? Again differing opinions on that..) and a few blue screens apart the PS4 version is better in its 6th March release day form than many games on release that I have played in the past..

Here's a video from a guy on Steam who like me has already played it on console.

Last edited:
I will check tomorrow morning as my grandson is hogging my pc right now playing Overwatch with his mates and since they're off school I suspect I'll be in bed long before they pack it in:rolleyes:

Here's some inspiration for your morning "ride-out" guys.. ;)
(I tried to go at the same pace myself but ended up chatting with a nurse in Noble's hospital about how long it would take for my rather sore bottom to recover from the experience..!)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 30 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 103 55.7%