TT Circuit Assen

Tracks TT Circuit Assen 0.8.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
For everyone's information, in case anyone missed it:

The timing appears to be broken on the North layout. Download and replace the files from the link below.
Included in this hotfix (packaged V0.8.1 coming soon on Race Department):
  • Fixed timing on the North layout.
  • A fix for those who experience illuminated skies during night time.
  • Fixed AI (by @kevink63 ).
  • Fixed DRS zones (removed the last zone) (by @kevink63 ).
  • Fixed missing spectators on motorsport and north layouts.
Please delete the /skins/default/ folder for ad-free skin to work!

I might add another texture or two to the trees so they get more random. Not sure what exactly is weird about that last screenshot?

It's the angle they're in relative to the position of viewing them when following the racing line; I can tell at racing speed that they're Y-shaped trees and can clearly tell the "next plane" (in Dutch: kan het volgende vlak duidelijk zien van de Y, en de boom loopt voor mij niet lekker over, misschien iets met settings ook), almost like tear-off calendar.

Hope it helps!

Sorry for my stupid question but i'm a new person here on RaceDepartment...
Is there a better looking paind version of this mode? Because author mentioned something about the WIP version...

Sorry for my stupid question but i'm a new person here on RaceDepartment...
Is there a better looking paind version of this mode? Because author mentioned something about the WIP version...
There might be some conversions from other games laying around, but all of the other games have flaws in them eventhough they are created by top-dollar companies..
This version is a WIP (work in progress), and not a VIP-access thingy. Is there anything you'd like to see improved? I'll see what I can do, then.

NightEye87 updated TT Circuit Assen with a new update entry:

Junior Track added + various fixes

I bring you the Junior Track!

View attachment 437945

This track has endless possibilities for layouts. I chose the one recently used during the KNMV event days. Who knows, maybe more configurations may follow.

Also various fixes.

Changelog V0.8.2:
  • Added Junior Track;
  • Added several off-track asphalt patches (previously gravel);
  • Fixed timing for North layout;
  • Fixed hotlap position for North layout;
  • Added a pitlane bypass for the North layout (AI will...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Gotta try the junior track as soon as I get home, it might be a brilliant fit for my Formula Student car! Awesome effort with the track! :thumbsup:
Edit: Just tested the layout. Love it! If I may add though, would it be possible to add a couple of extra slots in this layout? For what I've seen, the starting grid has room for 16 cars, so it might be a good idea to expand the grid to 16. That way we could use the circuit in our Formula Student simracing.gp community!

Last edited:
Gotta try the junior track as soon as I get home, it might be a brilliant fit for my Formula Student car! Awesome effort with the track! :thumbsup:
Edit: Just tested the layout. Love it! If I may add though, would it be possible to add a couple of extra slots in this layout? For what I've seen, the starting grid has room for 16 cars, so it might be a good idea to expand the grid to 16. That way we could use the circuit in our Formula Student simracing.gp community!
Glad you like it! I am still looking for the perfect car for this, why hadn't I thought about the Formula Student car?! Gonna try it soon :)

And sure, there's "plenty" of room for more. The pits will be very crowded but there's no collision anyway :p I'll make some more pits tomorrow and upload the KN5 for you :thumbsup:

Glad you like it! I am still looking for the perfect car for this, why hadn't I thought about the Formula Student car?! Gonna try it soon :)

And sure, there's "plenty" of room for more. The pits will be very crowded but there's no collision anyway :p I'll make some more pits tomorrow and upload the KN5 for you :thumbsup:
Don't worry, you can add the extra pits for the next update, take your time

That's awesome!
I know they race superkarts here often, didn't know about FS. Guess I should take a week off to clone a few hundreds cones, then :rolleyes::roflmao:

If you do that you can bet all FS teams competing in the Netherlands will download your track (including us, as we'll try to qualify for FSN). That'd be awesome to see

Last edited:
For the Junior Track I made two new grid versions:
  • 16 grid spots staggered;
  • 34 grid spots stacked (when racing with AI, the last three will not start because they start on an invalid surface).
Screenshot_madformulateam_mftc3_ne_ttassen_21-0-121-6-41-51.jpg

If you do that you can bet all FS teams competing in the Netherlands will download your track (including us, as we'll try to qualify for FSN). That'd be awesome to see
I'm not keen on doing this, but if you really want it, send a PM or something as I'm sure you can provide more info (locations of cones, track layout to be used, do the cones need to be movable/collidable, etc). Who knows :)

please the 2005 layout is better can you create that?
I won't be making the 2005 layout. It's an awesome piece of track, I agree, but it would involve breaking apart and reconstructing a big section of the track. Let alone remaking half of the trackside stuff regarding guardrails, buildings, grass slope stands, etc. that all have changed over the years. That would take me months on top of finishing the 2020 layout. And to be fair, if I want to use the 2005 layout I'll just start up any old MotoGP game.

Last edited:
Awsome! I think the 16 grid staggered version is perfect! Hopefully it's included in your next track update

I'm not keen on doing this, but if you really want it, send a PM or something as I'm sure you can provide more info (locations of cones, track layout to be used, do the cones need to be movable/collidable, etc). Who knows :)
There are plenty of videos online. Sadly, and unlike in Germany, I cannot find a detailed map showing the position of the cones.
I was planning on doing it for internal use if we qualify for FSN anyway. But if it's something you want to create and add to the mod, go ahead!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea