TT Circuit Assen

Tracks TT Circuit Assen 0.8.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
NightEye87 updated TT Circuit Assen with a new update entry:

V0.8 release - 2020 spec

After way too many months, I decided to consider v0.8 to be release-ready. It is now mostly* up to date to 2020-spec regarding track layout. It is now also CSP ready.
Below you'll find a short changelog which is no measure for the time spent to update the track.

Without further ado, here's an onboard:

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with the TT Circuit Assen. All registered trademarks are property of their respective owners. This mod is a work of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Why did you change the track-foldername from ttassen to ne_ttassen? Older trackstats are discarded then...
yer that's what I was thinking a
Almost the entire track has been remade. There isn't a stretch of road that is in the exact same position. I don't feel that previous track records, etc. are valid anymore. Replays from older versions will not work as well.
You can always rename it and/or rename lap records (if possible). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The new update is great. So far I've found two minor issues. 1. the AI seems to be corky. Too slow in some corners and sometimes braking when they shouldn't. 2. The sky turns yellow when it gets dark. This is the only track where I have that.

@NightEye87 Bleachers and guardrail are flickering. What should i do to resolve this?
Untitled-4.jpg

Thanks guys for the feedback! :)

The new update is great. So far I've found two minor issues. 1. the AI seems to be corky. Too slow in some corners and sometimes braking when they shouldn't. 2. The sky turns yellow when it gets dark. This is the only track where I have that.
Yep, AI can definately use some TLC. The autosport AI are okay, the rest is horky borky. I'll see if I can record some new lines in the near future.

Some versions of CSP can give weird results while using light pollution.
To fix this, open the /extension/ext_config.ini and set
Code:
[LIGHT_POLLUTION]
ACTIVE = 0
or tweak the values (they auto-update if you're in game so it's easy to see the effect).

Looks great !
Small gremlin: the timing for the North Loop isn't working.
Oops. Here's a link to fixed kn5's and models.ini :)

Can you create the assen in 2004 version?
Maybe one day. It'll probably take a few years :D

@NightEye87 Bleachers and guardrail are flickering. What should i do to resolve this?View attachment 423964
It's a consequence of using geometry rather than flat textures. Many tracks have this and it's near inevitable. Increasing AA settings can resolve this.

I've driven on Assen for over an hour yesterday (autosport version), it's much improved, thank you. I noticed some signs are flickering (yellow/blue signs, red signs, can't remember which one exactly) and the text "Geert Timme tribune" for example.
The track is heavy on my system: in VR it never reaches 90 fps, it's 45 fps all the time (and I'm not using grassFX). Maybe you can leave some details out when the world details are set lower in AC?
I love this Assen track, well done!

I was looking at the ai, most problematic is the Motorsport layout. The problem is not really the fast lane, but the side lines. Autosport works better because the side lines are more proper. I'm working on fixing it up right now.

Also, maybe a stupid question, are the drs zones fictional? The zone along the short back straight continues almost up to the last chicane, which causes issues with open wheelers. They can, and will, take the sweeper flat out with their flaps open, causing huge issues.

Having said that, this track is awesome. Hey I hear birds....

I was looking at the ai, most problematic is the Motorsport layout. The problem is not really the fast lane, but the side lines. Autosport works better because the side lines are more proper. I'm working on fixing it up right now.

Also, maybe a stupid question, are the drs zones fictional? The zone along the short back straight continues almost up to the last chicane, which causes issues with open wheelers. They can, and will, take the sweeper flat out with their flaps open, causing huge issues.

I've only driven the Autosport layout in F1 cars. Some issues I run into:
*I have the AI on 100%
turn 1: brakes too early, entry too slow
turn 8: brakes too early, entry too slow
turn 9, 10 and 11 are okay, could be a little quicker, but are fairly good speed
turn 12: brakes mid corner?!(or off throttle) low exit speed
turn 13: brakes mid corner?!(or off throttle) low exit speed
than fine till the finish line.

I've set the aggression very low. Even than the AI seems way too aggressive. Trying to overtake on corners it shouldn't. Late inside on turn 5 and turn 8 and round the outside on turn 18. And very aggressive on turning in. Turns into you on fast corners if you're side by side on the inside(Turn 1, 14-17).

And as you stated: DRS on the back "straight". In a 10 lap race you could lose half the field spinning there with open DRS. Would it be more efficient to have DRS between turn 5 and 8? I.m.o. the straights aren't long enough for DRS overtakes. Especially when there is no parameter for using it(within 1 sec from car ahead). The AI is using it every lap no matter the gap.

Still a great track though. Even after being frustrated ramming of the AI again for braking to early or turning into you on a rare overtake opportunity.

Thanks guys for the feedback! :)

Yep, AI can definately use some TLC. The autosport AI are okay, the rest is horky borky. I'll see if I can record some new lines in the near future.

Some versions of CSP can give weird results while using light pollution.
To fix this, open the /extension/ext_config.ini and set
Code:
[LIGHT_POLLUTION]
ACTIVE = 0
or tweak the values (they auto-update if you're in game so it's easy to see the effect).

Oops. Here's a link to fixed kn5's and models.ini :)

Maybe one day. It'll probably take a few years :D

It's a consequence of using geometry rather than flat textures. Many tracks have this and it's near inevitable. Increasing AA settings can resolve this.

I put 8x experimental and continues

Attachments

• 8x.jpg
    8x.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 72
Some feedback!

20201204003407_1.jpg

The crowd looks a bit cardboard-ish.. don't know if there a quick fix around that. Otherwise, is it possible to have a crowdless autosport&north layout?

20201204003508_1.jpg

Much improved over the previous version, but still some sharp edges; not possible to smooth this any further I guess? This was the R8 road car, I can imagine it being worse/distracting in a LMP car..

20201204003608_1.jpg

Geert Timmer tribune text flickers, same goes for a small part of the motul boards below in the center.

20201204003747_1.jpg

Again, the crowd looks a bit off, same for some trees; or threes threes threes being the same in a row. What did I do there? :D

20201204003801_1.jpg

Some trees again that look a bit odd.

20201204004146_1.jpg

Building also flickers, black glass building on the left next to it also sometimes flickers a bit.

Hope it helps, look forward to another update!

If you need testing, you know where I am.

Great to see you finally updated this! :D

I've driven on Assen for over an hour yesterday (autosport version), it's much improved, thank you. I noticed some signs are flickering (yellow/blue signs, red signs, can't remember which one exactly) and the text "Geert Timme tribune" for example.
The track is heavy on my system: in VR it never reaches 90 fps, it's 45 fps all the time (and I'm not using grassFX). Maybe you can leave some details out when the world details are set lower in AC?
I love this Assen track, well done!
I'll make a note on world detail level. Not quite sure where I can improve on this, though. Probably the barriers (but that makes them disappear), maybe fence poles.. I'll have a look.

Ah, great! If you have anything working somewhat decent, I can include it in the next update.
DRS zones are fictional. The only series (AFAIK) that races here that uses DRS is DTM, but they don't have zones. I'll reduce the last zone.
Isn't it lovely how they wake up in the morning? :D

I've only driven the Autosport layout in F1 cars. Some issues I run into:
*I have the AI on 100%
turn 1: brakes too early, entry too slow
turn 8: brakes too early, entry too slow
turn 9, 10 and 11 are okay, could be a little quicker, but are fairly good speed
turn 12: brakes mid corner?!(or off throttle) low exit speed
turn 13: brakes mid corner?!(or off throttle) low exit speed
than fine till the finish line.

I've set the aggression very low. Even than the AI seems way too aggressive. Trying to overtake on corners it shouldn't. Late inside on turn 5 and turn 8 and round the outside on turn 18. And very aggressive on turning in. Turns into you on fast corners if you're side by side on the inside(Turn 1, 14-17).

And as you stated: DRS on the back "straight". In a 10 lap race you could lose half the field spinning there with open DRS. Would it be more efficient to have DRS between turn 5 and 8? I.m.o. the straights aren't long enough for DRS overtakes. Especially when there is no parameter for using it(within 1 sec from car ahead). The AI is using it every lap no matter the gap.

Still a great track though. Even after being frustrated ramming of the AI again for braking to early or turning into you on a rare overtake opportunity.
Yep AI needs some work :coffee:
DRS should also be between T5 and T8. I'll double check that.

Some feedback!

View attachment 424260
The crowd looks a bit cardboard-ish.. don't know if there a quick fix around that. Otherwise, is it possible to have a crowdless autosport&north layout?
I never realised how bad they look without CSP. It's probably the illumination that's a bit off. I mean, they are no different than Kunos ones :p
You can disable them by deleting the camera_facing.ini in the /autosport/data/ folder. Or use CSP and disable them or have the type of race scale them in numbers.
You can alter their illumination in there, too. Maybe try this (taken from Mugello):
Code:
DIFFUSE=0.022,0.022,0.022
AMBIENT=0.075,0.075,0.075

View attachment 424261
Much improved over the previous version, but still some sharp edges; not possible to smooth this any further I guess? This was the R8 road car, I can imagine it being worse/distracting in a LMP car..
I'll smoothen it out some more. There's no limit really :)

View attachment 424264
Geert Timmer tribune text flickers, same goes for a small part of the motul boards below in the center.
[..]
View attachment 424268
Building also flickers, black glass building on the left next to it also sometimes flickers a bit.
I can move it out a bit more. For the pit building that's a bit tricky as it's seen from a great angle. I'll try another cm or two.

View attachment 424266
Again, the crowd looks a bit off, same for some trees; or threes threes threes being the same in a row. What did I do there? :D

View attachment 424267
Some trees again that look a bit odd.
I might add another texture or two to the trees so they get more random. Not sure what exactly is weird about that last screenshot?

Thanks for the feedback, massively appreciated :thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Forum trophies