TT Circuit Assen

Tracks TT Circuit Assen 0.8.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Nighteye, I would love to race this track again and did so before but while trying/comparing v0.7 vs v0.7.7 I found that both have very firm track limits, even where they don't make any sense, on the line where asphalt and run off area meet... Looks like it hasn't been corrected for this yet. Turns 5 and 6 for sure but I also got invalid around turns 2,3 between turns 10,11 left side between turns 14, 15.. if you go too wide you would loose time anyway. v0.7.7 is missing all the objects like spectators and tires and those high kerb stones to keep you on the track so it isn't usable.

Please fix those track limits then at least we can use this track properly for racing. It's just fine as it is :)

My intention is to finish this, yes. Life has been rough the last few years, but recently I came back here, get involved a bit again, and it's giving me motivation to do some work again. In all honesty I have no idea where I can find the time to do so, but all my heart says I must somehow :)
Don't expect anything before the Dutch GP, though, I'd never make that deadline :p
that good because it willnot load as it thro's me back to main screen

Isn't this the Simraceway track...?
Sadly the Simraceway track is very inaccurate. Mine is based of actual height data, thousands of photo's, lots of measurements, etc.

Hi Nighteye, I would love to race this track again and did so before but while trying/comparing v0.7 vs v0.7.7 I found that both have very firm track limits, even where they don't make any sense, on the line where asphalt and run off area meet... Looks like it hasn't been corrected for this yet. Turns 5 and 6 for sure but I also got invalid around turns 2,3 between turns 10,11 left side between turns 14, 15.. if you go too wide you would loose time anyway. v0.7.7 is missing all the objects like spectators and tires and those high kerb stones to keep you on the track so it isn't usable.

Please fix those track limits then at least we can use this track properly for racing. It's just fine as it is :)
I'm aware. Between v0.7 and v0.8 I intended to redo basically everything, to bring it up to par with current techniques. Sadly due to personal life, v0.8 never happened. Best to use v0.7. I remember I once made the kerbs invalid area (because they should!), you can manually change that in the surfaces.ini if you like.

that good because it willnot load as it thro's me back to main screen
I'm sorry for this to happen. I've replied to your DM, asking for the log file.

Hello,

Question are the textures of the pit area still made or rather no longer?
V0.7.7 (test build) has somewhat proper textures for the pit area.

I'd like to renew my question from last here...any changes 'in the works', or we'd better not count on further development ?
I would very much like to finish this some day, but don't expect that to be any time soon. Personal life prevents me to do many consecutive hours of pc time.
I remember working on the trees inbetween V0.7 and V0.8, but I can't recall what's the status of them in V0.7.7..

I can not start this track 07.7 in motorcycle track, while in the old 0.7 this was possible.
BTW nice addon, I was driving against a 60km sign in the pit, and this board was tumbling away, I never did saw this on other tracks.

Yeah motorsport layout doesn't work in V0.7.7, IIRC it's fixed by removing the camera_facing.ini from its folder. Stuff like that happens with non-tested builds :p

Haha yeah, I had to make those physical, just like the tyre stacks. There is nothing like driving through those and seeing tyres fly all over the place.

Guess, if you are finding more time, it’s implementation of sitting public, objects from a lunapark, maybe balloons.
As I did write earlier the TT is one of the famous motorcycle races in the world, that does have a lot of “sfeer” and activities like “de nacht van Assen” sure that “sfeer” at motorcyle races will also be at car races. Right now it is a bit sterile.

Yeah motorsport layout doesn't work in V0.7.7, IIRC it's fixed by removing the camera_facing.ini from its folder. Stuff like that happens with non-tested builds :p
Even with this fix:
-Junior does not load / race cancelled
-Motorsport: I'm falling through the world
-North Loop: same issue
Any ideas ?

Question, can't you use the short version at all ? or do you know until when you might be able to fix it ? maybe you already have a few more versions than the 0.7 ?

With kind regards
Stefan

I have now tested the short version and it works perfectly :) Also the Moto variant works without problems for me. I do not fall through the map and everything works very well :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back