The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Sorry for the continuation of the topic guys, but "start from something simple" is in my mind never a good advice. When you work on what you don't "click" with, you lack enough passion to get thru the process, and in the result you'll have that exact feeling of time wasted. Meanwhile, you can always scrap and start from scratch what you are really into.

Besides that, theres nothing particularily constructive in "start from something simple".

Yeah it'd need to say what's simple in order to be useful, part of being new is not just looking at an object and knowing which parts of it are hard to model/texture. Probably better to pick a car you want to make, and then if you can't figure out how to make part of it happen, or if the mesh seems right but then ingame it looks weird, ask about that.

Last edited:
Also a more complicated starting point gives more chance to knowledge. It like choosing a longer book on a subject thats more informative. But simple starting point is less time consuming though.

Still struggling, big-time, with the interior on the Fenix, so in the little time I've had over the last couple weeks I returned to an old project I started when I was first taking the plunge into learning Blender. :)

20 years before the RWD P30, there was the 1993 RWD GC35.

View attachment 507576View attachment 507575View attachment 507577View attachment 507574

Haven't done any of the interior details yet, but the exterior is gettin' there. Quite pleased with it so far!
giphy.gif

RGe3sOw.jpg

Don't focus on the car (it's IER's FLM09, because spec series = full spec geometry) the larger point is that project "COSMIC" got past its major failing point, and is being bugtested properly across a selection of designs. Soon the sky won't be the limit, there'll be a whole cosmos of suspension possibilities. In this case, inboard springs on a rocker arm.

(key: axes = center of mass, white = solid links like dwb's yellow, grey = balljoints which are technically infinitely small, so drawn with a line to the mass they're attached to, yellow = steering link, green/cyan = spring/damper)

Last edited:
Sigh... I'm done posting in this toxic forum. Clearly I am not welcome here on Racedepartment.

All future CSS updates will be on my YouTube channel and other sim racing forums.

Goodbye.
Don't let the idiots ruin it for the others
Behold! And use the ignore list
and please continue posting your work, many silent users are enjoying it !

Meanwhile it takes a while to RD to take actions about trolls
ignore them ;)

that being, if the model is yours, right ?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea