The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Finally released. Two version with different physics. 2009 All wheel drive debut and 2010-2011 Rear wheel drive winners
LQlnnXQbebI.jpg
bRGqpjEFtoI.jpg
5gtiO_rK-zg.jpg

-----
Uzr1Y2xItso.jpg
Hi Tony nice looking mods is the MR-S due for release?
Thanks

Question; is there any sound modder in the house that knows if it would be easy to add some trackside sfx to this game? Main immersion breaker sound wise for me is that you can have a track packed with crowds but all you hear is the wind.

Would be nice if someone could come up with a way to add some crowd cheer, stadium speaker (maybe the occasional airhorn).

Question; is there any sound modder in the house that knows if it would be easy to add some trackside sfx to this game? Main immersion breaker sound wise for me is that you can have a track packed with crowds but all you hear is the wind.

Would be nice if someone could come up with a way to add some crowd cheer, stadium speaker (maybe the occasional airhorn).
Would be nice indeed sadly they removed sound events from tracks early in the game for some reasons...
Would have loved some coyote and eagles on the background too :p

You should hit up the guys currently making the sound additions for the rain mod about how they do it, but iirc we're limited to what's in the ambient sound bank Kunos uses. There's still entries in the inis but they are obsolete.

I tried to add church bells to Feldbergring but couldn't get it to work at all :(
You also tried adding wav files like lilski mentioned?

You should hit up the guys currently making the sound additions for the rain mod about how they do it, but iirc we're limited to what's in the ambient sound bank Kunos uses. There's still entries in the inis but they are obsolete.
Cheers sounds like a good lead to go on. You'd think this would be one of the easiest things to mod but the opposite is true.

It was a while ago, but I think I added a dummy object to my track and then referenced it in the data/audio_sources.ini file, with an entry something like:

[AC_AUDIO_bells]
VOLUME_SCALE=10
VOLUME=0.6
FILENAME=feldberg/sfx/bells_1.wav

Last edited:
ysxvaPd.gif

LODA + C (6x actual size) one more to go.
128716 A -> 29118 B -> 7028 C

Don't think I'll aim so closely to the target amount on D (B's target is 25k body + 4k interior, C is 7k total) just do whatever I feel like, probably much less than the 2k suggested. 150m switch is extremely far away (above switch is 8m, so it's almost 1/20 as large onscreen)

519 triangles lod D... this is again ~6x larger than how close it'll actually be visible, at actual distance I can't tell when it switches.
Db8jrHz.jpg

todo: those flycam things
um... that's all, I think

519 triangles lod D... this is again ~6x larger than how close it'll actually be visible, at actual distance I can't tell when it switches.
Db8jrHz.jpg

todo: those flycam things
um... that's all, I think
the flycam are the default dummies on each side of the car?
upload_2018-12-13_14-5-53.png

what are those actually for, i always kept them in all my exports, never knowing what they were for

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.