• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

General The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by garyjpaterson, Sep 13, 2016.

1. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +4,004
    In the showroom (not CM showroom), press Enter :)

2. Dan Costa

Dan Costa
    World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series Premium

Ratings:
    +343
    Well you guys are having fun with the low LOD models, but for VR online performance i wish I could switch every car to only a few hundred polys. They could be cubes for all I care! I just need my 90fps

3. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +4,004
    Lol just be thankful some modders actually bother with LODs at all then, plenty don't! ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dan Costa

Dan Costa

Ratings:
    +343
    meaning they are full poly models for all cars all the time? jebus christ my fps.

5. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +4,004
    That or just the LODs are really poorly optimised. Not that many people put the effort into making LODs that adhere to Kunos' guidelines, its pretty boring work. So nice to see folk like Stereo doing it :)

My week right now is pretty much all LODs, not super fun but someone has to do it!

6. Dan Costa

Dan Costa

Ratings:
    +343
    Any way to force default Kunos models to always use the lowest LOD, for performance reasons? It would be game changer for VR performance.

7. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +4,004
    Not sure, I think the shader mod improves things such as forcing the low res interior (if available) on all opponent cars which is nice. Its a good suggestion to throw his way, say a slider that increases/decreases the distance of LODs.

Also are you really struggling for VR performance? I may be wrong but a quick check of your GPU suggests its way better than my GTX970, and for AC I cope just fine with pretty nice settings (ACC is very much a different case though)

8. Dan Costa

Dan Costa

Ratings:
    +343
    Hardware is pushed to the max and working well. But with 24 online cars, you need every tweak you can get to keep 90fps stable. Any stutter at the wrong corner = crash.

With my Vega64 I was so severely CPU bottlenecked (AMD dx11 driver combined with AC single-thread for graphics tasks) that even with every setting on low or off it would still drop frames on certain instances with many cars. I needed to use Content Manager to patch the shadows out of the game, and severely decrease render distance on mirrors, to eliminate the dips.

On my 1080ti I could run almost everything on high, but then I switched from my Oculus Rift to the Odyssey+ and it turns out the increased panels resolution combined with the worse OpenVR protocol, brought the dips back with full online servers. Low LOD forced on every car would be a blessing.

its an everyday struggle to keep VR >90fps during full online races.

9. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +4,004
    Ah ok fair enough, I don't often drive on grids that big and I'm happy to settle for 45fps so long as its 100% locked

10. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,006
    Downsizing textures doesn't help?

11. Dan Costa

Dan Costa

Ratings:
    +343
    45fps with reprojection was pretty bad on Rift (lots of artifacts). Its much better on WindowsMixedReality headsets, but nothing beats 90fps for input lag and smoothness, two key aspects in competitive play.

No. As of today, GPU performance for VR is actually fine. The CPU aspect of things is dreadful on many fronts.

12. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +2,263
    I don't know for sure if it'll make a difference but have you tried increasing the FOV setting in AC's options? In triple screens that affects LOD distance calculations without changing the view, might be the same for vr.

13. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +560
    Crap, I'd better get those liveries all buttoned up, then!

14. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +2,263
    Hm, better idea, if enough people donate I'll make an F3 version of it.

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +560
    [​IMG]

How much do you need?

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. chili pepper

chili pepper

Ratings:
    +238
    I'd be very surprised if you don't get a few...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TonyBar

TonyBar

Ratings:
    +73
    Ferrari J50. Based on 488, as original car. Just for fun and for Ferrari lovers.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +139
    This thread is for proper WIP stuff, not Forza rips with Kunos physics that you publish on your own site

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. TonyBar

TonyBar

Ratings:
    +73
    people who would like it already contacted me, and that is cool. so dont be snob, skip it if you dont interested. i only share
    btw, its not forza's model)))

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  20. Mascot

Mascot
    Card-carrying mod whore

Ratings:
    +937
    I'm sure I saw something about an automatic LOD creator on the shader discord. Anyone?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.