The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Well you guys are having fun with the low LOD models, but for VR online performance i wish I could switch every car to only a few hundred polys. They could be cubes for all I care! I just need my 90fps

meaning they are full poly models for all cars all the time? jebus christ my fps.
That or just the LODs are really poorly optimised. Not that many people put the effort into making LODs that adhere to Kunos' guidelines, its pretty boring work. So nice to see folk like Stereo doing it :)

My week right now is pretty much all LODs, not super fun but someone has to do it!

Any way to force default Kunos models to always use the lowest LOD, for performance reasons? It would be game changer for VR performance.

Not sure, I think the shader mod improves things such as forcing the low res interior (if available) on all opponent cars which is nice. Its a good suggestion to throw his way, say a slider that increases/decreases the distance of LODs.

Also are you really struggling for VR performance? I may be wrong but a quick check of your GPU suggests its way better than my GTX970, and for AC I cope just fine with pretty nice settings (ACC is very much a different case though)

Hardware is pushed to the max and working well. But with 24 online cars, you need every tweak you can get to keep 90fps stable. Any stutter at the wrong corner = crash.

With my Vega64 I was so severely CPU bottlenecked (AMD dx11 driver combined with AC single-thread for graphics tasks) that even with every setting on low or off it would still drop frames on certain instances with many cars. I needed to use Content Manager to patch the shadows out of the game, and severely decrease render distance on mirrors, to eliminate the dips.

On my 1080ti I could run almost everything on high, but then I switched from my Oculus Rift to the Odyssey+ and it turns out the increased panels resolution combined with the worse OpenVR protocol, brought the dips back with full online servers. Low LOD forced on every car would be a blessing.

its an everyday struggle to keep VR >90fps during full online races.

Ah ok fair enough, I don't often drive on grids that big and I'm happy to settle for 45fps so long as its 100% locked

45fps with reprojection was pretty bad on Rift (lots of artifacts). Its much better on WindowsMixedReality headsets, but nothing beats 90fps for input lag and smoothness, two key aspects in competitive play.

Downsizing textures doesn't help?

No. As of today, GPU performance for VR is actually fine. The CPU aspect of things is dreadful on many fronts.

I don't know for sure if it'll make a difference but have you tried increasing the FOV setting in AC's options? In triple screens that affects LOD distance calculations without changing the view, might be the same for vr.

519 triangles lod D... this is again ~6x larger than how close it'll actually be visible, at actual distance I can't tell when it switches.
Db8jrHz.jpg

todo: those flycam things
um... that's all, I think

Crap, I'd better get those liveries all buttoned up, then!

people who would like it already contacted me, and that is cool. so dont be snob, skip it if you dont interested. i only share
btw, its not forza's model)))

That or just the LODs are really poorly optimised. Not that many people put the effort into making LODs that adhere to Kunos' guidelines, its pretty boring work. So nice to see folk like Stereo doing it :)

My week right now is pretty much all LODs, not super fun but someone has to do it!
I'm sure I saw something about an automatic LOD creator on the shader discord. Anyone?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 61 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 39 18.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.3%