The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Heard it was a thing, will be interesting to see how it does. Frankly I can't imagine it doing that great of a job, as LODding is much more than just crushing tris which I'm sure is all that does. Will check it out though, the RV currently is in need of some quick and dirty LODs ;)

Heard it was a thing, will be interesting to see how it does. Frankly I can't imagine it doing that great of a job, as LODding is much more than just crushing tris which I'm sure is all that does. Will check it out though, the RV currently is in need of some quick and dirty LODs ;)
Might be fine for VR.

taking a leaf out of forza horizon and red dead tree design book.. ive been working on enhanced trees for the ac engine with great results. not fully 3d, but appearing as such much more so. good results i think (?) for the wild tall trees of lime rock park and how they overhang.

just 3dsmax view.
fELcmiw.jpg

Last edited:
taking a leaf out of forza and red dead tree design ive been working on enhanced trees for the ac engine with great results. not fully 3d, but appearing as such much more so. good results i think (?) for the wild tall trees of lime rock park and how they overhang.

just 3dsmax view.
fELcmiw.jpg
So glad your LRP project has been resurrected - I was following it with great interest on the other forum.

Hey guys to come back to this:

Question; is there any sound modder in the house that knows if it would be easy to add some trackside sfx to this game? Main immersion breaker sound wise for me is that you can have a track packed with crowds but all you hear is the wind.

Would be nice if someone could come up with a way to add some crowd cheer, stadium speaker (maybe the occasional airhorn).

I PM'ed amplified and he thinks the fmod sdk does have ambient sound banks that are adjustable, but he's not sure that, like how it works with the cars you can save them in the sfx folder of the tracks. Anyone have experience here modding with fmod?

aye ! me too man. and better than ever. more focused this time. have another chap helping with some architecture too. so we do have a main building. too. courtesy of Fabien.
7b38RzP.jpg

more overhanging trees image from 3dmax.
o00gRLc.jpg
How far are you into it? It seemed you were getting pretty close to finishing it around six months ago before taking a break.

How far are you into it? It seemed you were getting pretty close to finishing it around six months ago before taking a break.
I may have thought I was going to complete it but realisticly whilst there is a lidar terrain and some graphics and the track drives really well it was a mess underneath the shaders really, I got sick of it too. just couldn't work on it anymore, that break was essential..and now I have some professional help this time though for fixing everything and some additional modelling, im just not ready to dive into sheer architecture just yet and generally I do need all the help I can get.

t does get better every day. still far to go. as you can see its still very sparse....so no where near finished, Today I am just chuffed to get some trees in pending adjustments. 100 hours of artwork& tree modelling and just 1 hour to place them. its a funny old world. definitely worth it for the epic forest scape this track has.
6z9jjWX.jpg

tNzRmGa.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any Solitude circuit fans out there? I was doing a bit of research today, comparing satellite images with a topographic map I found from 1952, and was surprised at how much the road layout seems to have changed between then and now.

Also very surprised to discover that the rFactor / GPL version is wildly inaccurate in lots of areas, least of which appears to be the start/finish straight :confused:

2018 satellite image:
nYJnl5p.jpg

GPL / rFactor version, with start/finish straight following the modern road:
J6UPrWA.jpg

Satellite image with 1952 topo map overlay:
VkZZdbT.jpg

And again, but with 1950s track map overlay:
Wmxc9lD.jpg

It's quite clear where the track used to run, looking at the side roads and ghost image in the trees.

Even this topographic map from 1911 (before the wiggly road that follows the river was built) shows the S/F section quite clearly:
7VVUfVt.jpg

I find this stuff fascinating, and finding old maps like this makes it really hard not to attempt to make a more accurate version of the track for AC :unsure:

:):):):);););)
Are there any Solitude circuit fans out there? I was doing a bit of research today, comparing satellite images with a topographic map I found from 1952, and was surprised at how much the road layout seems to have changed between then and now.

Also very surprised to discover that the rFactor / GPL version is wildly inaccurate in lots of areas, least of which appears to be the start/finish straight :confused:

2018 satellite image:
nYJnl5p.jpg

J6UPrWA.jpg

VkZZdbT.jpg

Wmxc9lD.jpg

It's quite clear where the track used to run, looking at the side roads and ghost image in the trees.

Even this topographic map from 1911 (before the wiggly road that follows the river was built) shows the S/F section quite clearly:
7VVUfVt.jpg

I find this stuff fascinating, and finding old maps like this makes it really hard not to attempt to make a more accurate version of the track for AC :unsure:

Me! Me! I'd love to see a new historic mod for this track! Even if I takes a couple of years! :):):):););););):D:D:D:D:D:D

2018 satellite image:
nYJnl5p.jpg

J6UPrWA.jpg

VkZZdbT.jpg

Wmxc9lD.jpg

7VVUfVt.jpg

The conversion/rF layout was great so if it is remotely similar then count me in! Especially if it still has that huge straight that leads into the fast left :D

Last edited:
I'm sure I saw something about an automatic LOD creator on the shader discord. Anyone?
its a very basic tool that most off all does not change the object number, which is really what you want. Just crushing triangles does nothing if the 3000 tris car is still 300 subobjects

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back