The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

When I made the C1 it was vaguely with the idea of driving it on High Force but it's just too wide to enjoy it... well this one should be ok.
cFPDNO1.jpg

I hope that's not a csr2 ripped model
Whatever it is, most likely a scratch built model, Sim Department does commissions for manufacturers. For a player that significant, it would not make sense to rip content, but that's my opinion. If anything, it's probably not worth the trouble for legal reasons. Maybe they could buy an existing model if they need to. I do believe they build models with fairly accurate physics, as they are used for customer event's for instance.
I got a chance to talk to one of the guys from Sim Department at LA autoshow a few years back, they we running a Porsche experience simulator with promotional version of pCars at a Porsche booth. If I remember correctly, some cars available to drive were not in the consumer version of the game.

Edit: Oh I see someone already responded. Didn't know he worked for RSS too. Those GT1 cars are my favorite car mod for AC. So yeah I'm guessing they hired Joshua to make that model, that's really awesome! It is a big deal. We might see it in the future, if not in AC, maybe in something else.

Last edited:
It's the right country and the right part of the country :), but it's not Aspern, it's Tulln-Langenlebarn. I'm doing the 1968 version. In the background of the first screenshots you can see the hills of Wiener Wald near Vienna. Today I did the first building, the hangar on the exit of turn two:

View attachment 578341

Great choice, very popular style of circuit around that time and perfect for lots of types of car, can't wait to see this with your level of details :) would love to know what inspired you to choose this one?

I believe @Sergio Loro may have worked on the GPL version back in the day.

Last edited:
I hope that's not a csr2 ripped model
Of course not. I’d have to have a death wish to post a rip here like others might have. The accusation of it being another professional model shows I at least did a decent job, so I’ll take that as a compliment. :roflmao:

Edit: Oh I see someone already responded. Didn't know he worked for RSS too. Those GT1 cars are my favorite car mod for AC. So yeah I'm guessing they hired Joshua to make that model, that's really awesome! It is a big deal. We might see it in the future, if not in AC, maybe in something else.

I have helped with a couple of projects for RSS, both private and public. The only car I was behind from start to finish was the Formula Supreme, with the team making a few modifications afterwards.

Last edited:
Suspension modeling is nearly there now. Just the connector pieces and the shock assemblies... And then I "get" to learn how to animate all of this nonsese :speechless:

291317706_619943769342534_2762998601972838612_n.png
291131841_1096457677615690_4145077859359116402_n.png
291495429_4581495251952854_1859288977741897011_n.png

I think the body might be done now. I don't think I have any other items that I need to make new holes for, so I might be able to UV that now. This has come together so much faster than I thought it would, which is nice :) I'll be back working on the Fenix and the GroupC car soon enough

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.