The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Got sick of the unfinished plates staring at me, so I finally got around to building a proper texture for the plates.

I've got them setup with the same material and texture set, so you can easily swap between an NA and a Euro plate by just updating the texture. NA plates also have an optional frame.

The BC plate on the left just needs the province's flower emblem on the bottom left corner. The German plate (on the silver car, naturally) is done pending any errors I've made. From what I've found, I think I have the code and region decal correct. Please let me know if I've stuffed it up! :whistling:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-18 202636.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-18 202636.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 188
Got sick of the unfinished plates staring at me, so I finally got around to building a proper texture for the plates.

I've got them setup with the same material and texture set, so you can easily swap between an NA and a Euro plate by just updating the texture. NA plates also have an optional frame.

The BC plate on the left just needs the province's flower emblem on the bottom left corner. The German plate (on the silver car, naturally) is done pending any errors I've made. From what I've found, I think I have the code and region decal correct. Please let me know if I've stuffed it up! :whistling:
the D and the stars are a bit weird on first glance, they are both smaller
166152kfz-kennzeichen.jpg
769147940-kfz-kennzeichen-auto-36fzXkjkpXfe.jpg

the D and the stars are a bit weird on first glance, they are both smaller
View attachment 575453View attachment 575454

Good catch; I used an image from Wikipedia of that portion and figured it'd be accurate; but comparing the two there's definitely a difference. I'll tweak that!

Do I have the correct region code and decal for the area around the 'ring?

Also, the number in the middle of the inspection sticker; is that the day or is it number of the month?

Last edited:
Do I have the correct region code and decal for the area around the 'ring?

Also, the number in the middle of the inspection sticker; is that the day or is it number of the month?
Yeah AW is Landkreis Ahrweiler, which the 'Ring and the whole Nordschleife is located in.
The middle of the sticker shows the year for the next inspection, the numbers around it the month, and it's position is so that the month should be top.
The colour indicates the year the current sticker was issued, so that police can see from afar if a car is running a really old one. Same with the black "indicator" on it, it helps identifying the months from afar.

Not 100% sure but there's different intervals for inspection. Most is two years but some are yearly, like heavy transport, tractors, ambulances etc.

Last edited:
Yeah AW is Landkreis Ahrweiler, which the 'Ring and the whole Nordschleife is located in.
The middle of the sticker shows the year for the next inspection, the numbers around it the month, and it's position is so that the month should be top.
The colour indicates the year the current sticker was issued, so that police can see from afar if a car is running a really old one. Same with the black "indicator" on it, it helps identifying the months from afar.

Not 100% sure but there's different intervals for inspection. Most is two years but some are yearly, like heavy transport, tractors, ambulances etc.

Awesome, I think I got it all correct, then. Even a 'failed successfully' with the inspection sticker; I thought it was the day so I threw a 24 in there, but if it's the year of next inspection that also works :D

[EDIT] Just finished an Ontario plate for my buddy. Anyone here want their own plates on one of the colourways on the car? Here's the current available colour list:
287934213_1014515472462214_5642644526618149934_n.png

Unless someone claims one, I'll probably drop the gold nose colourways (the four on the right). Main body colour is the main square, triangle corner is the accent colour (nose, sometimes wheel accent and interior alcantara accent depending on the colour). If you'd like your plate on one, let me know which colourway, country/province/region of the plate, and desired license number. North American size plates also have an optional plastic frame; let me know if you'd like it on the car and what colour/logos on it. Note I only have the current standard Euro and North American plates in there, so countries with other sized plates aren't possible unless I rework everything, which I'd rather not do at this point :whistling:

[EDIT 2] Yellow and red cars are claimed :)

Last edited:
Available in over 3 dozen authentic paint colours that you're unlikely to see anywhere except the '50s.
Those were the times. Honestly, even up until the early noughties buying a car really meant buying something personal and unique, and the colour choice was still a pivotal part of it, albeit less compared to before.
Now you look at the road and you only see an ocean of silver, black and whites (for which you even have to pay today, a lot of money too, for what was previously considered the "simple customer" choice and sold gratis), with the occasionals dark blue and reds popping from time to time. That is surely down to a lot of different factors, and manufacturers are only partly to blame of course. I mean, if people were asking for them they would still give the option for it, or at least for more than what there is now. Try shopping for a car and it is an event when you're offered more than 3 colour options for it. Three.

Sorry for the off-topic, but you got me thinking about this since yesterday. Congrats on the release and thank you for your work :)

Last edited:
What Stereo sees: traffic cars
What I see:
Corvair-Wagon-Lowrider-7-copy-1200x800.png
Would be fair for the AI to let them have some fun along the way ^^
That makes me think that when using the CM AI flood feature, it would be useful to have a way to tune some spawn probability parameters, to avoid having one highly recognisable vehicle popping every 30 secs...

As the foo fighters say, "done, I'm done. and I'm on to the next one"...

Learning how to incorporate a 3d scan (in this case photogrammetry) into my Blender experience. New project is a good time to learn new software stuff. I wanted to do something else but it turns out that a car for sale for £850 has the ideal paint for photograms to stick to so I managed to pull this from an sd youtube video (the other car's worth too much; they all have high quality paint polished extremely well).

d7Njd1y.jpg

Maybe it helped that the panel gaps are huge too...

Last edited:
As the foo fighters say, "done, I'm done. and I'm on to the next one"...

Learning how to incorporate a 3d scan (in this case photogrammetry) into my Blender experience. New project is a good time to learn new software stuff. I wanted to do something else but it turns out that a car for sale for £850 has the ideal paint for photograms to stick to so I managed to pull this from an sd youtube video (the other car's worth too much; they all have high quality paint polished extremely well).

d7Njd1y.jpg

Maybe it helped that the panel gaps are huge too...
"I see a Hillman (Sunbeam/Singer) Imp, I press like"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back