The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Suspension modeling is nearly there now. Just the connector pieces and the shock assemblies... And then I "get" to learn how to animate all of this nonsese :speechless:

View attachment 579866View attachment 579867View attachment 579868

I think the body might be done now. I don't think I have any other items that I need to make new holes for, so I might be able to UV that now. This has come together so much faster than I thought it would, which is nice :) I'll be back working on the Fenix and the GroupC car soon enough

Apologies if I missed it, but is this another working of your mind or is it based on something specific? Either way looks a lot of fun.

Apologies if I missed it, but is this another working of your mind or is it based on something specific? Either way looks a lot of fun.
Another one from my brain :) Assetto is sorely lacking in vintage F3 content. The space needed to be filled, and RWD was happy to oblige ;) I might do another car or two to go with it (same physics, just different body, wheels, engine and maybe roll hoop) for the sake of variety. I'd keep the physics and suspension 3D identical, though, since those are by far the most complicated and time-intensive. I could do a new body in a day or two, and a new engine 3D model in a couple days, I'm sure. :)

Even if what I do is 90% close to something real, for whatever reason I just can't bring myself to recreate a real thing. I think I've only ever done, like, 2 livery recreations. And even those were on a car different from the real one, so they weren't direct recreations.

Zwartkops South Africa WIP.
Getting very close.
Will in all likelihood release on RD in the next few days. :)

Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_bmw_csl_prototype_zwartkops_raceway_7-6-122-10-13-42.jpg

Final photos at the track this week to get all the nuanced kerb textures in etc.
Big thanks to @alfaquadsa for the last set.

Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_bmw_csl_prototype_zwartkops_raceway_7-6-122-10-18-12.jpg

Zwartkops is well known for its historic events. Slower cars work well on the short circuit, but faster GT3 cars and lower formula classes are also a lot of fun and pair well with the track.

Easy to pick up - difficult to master.
The simple layout is deceptively difficult to get good consistent lap times.

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_prototype_zwartkops_raceway_4-6-122-20-18-43.jpg

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_prototype_zwartkops_raceway_4-6-122-20-17-58.jpg

Screenshot_gpl67_brabham_prototype_zwartkops_raceway_4-6-122-23-14-2.jpg

Screenshot_gpl67_ferrari_312_prototype_zwartkops_raceway_4-6-122-23-12-52.jpg

Suspension modeling is nearly there now. Just the connector pieces and the shock assemblies... And then I "get" to learn how to animate all of this nonsese :speechless:

I think the body might be done now. I don't think I have any other items that I need to make new holes for, so I might be able to UV that now. This has come together so much faster than I thought it would, which is nice :) I'll be back working on the Fenix and the GroupC car soon enough
I would be so happy if this ever got released. It pretty much falls right into my 'dream car' category :inlove:

Hi everyone I’m working on a time attack pack I almost done with the first car I want to have two done before I release it but I’m hoping two have there different class and with 4 or 5 cars

The first car is going to have a massive 1100hp v12, only weighing 1150kg and it produces around 2500kg of downforce at 170mph it just a crazy car I can’t wait to get it finished

Assetto is sorely lacking in vintage F3 content.
It is, indeed!

I might do another car or two to go with it (same physics, just different body, wheels, engine and maybe roll hoop) for the sake of variety. I'd keep the physics and suspension 3D identical, though, since those are by far the most complicated and time-intensive. I could do a new body in a day or two, and a new engine 3D model in a couple days, I'm sure.
I, for one, like this kind of talk. As such, your efforts are much appreciated. :)

I would be so happy if this ever got released. It pretty much falls right into my 'dream car' category
Right there with ya, brother! :D

Last edited:
Another one from my brain :) Assetto is sorely lacking in vintage F3 content. The space needed to be filled, and RWD was happy to oblige ;)

Well I'm very interested in learning about RWD's history and their vintage machines. Is this one with the 1000cc engines or the 1.6l Ford? Love the look of the car anyway, big vintage AC fan and this is perfect for some of the gorgeous tracks we're blessed to have :)

Also wondering if RWD were ever active in the ~1970 two litre sportscar scene? :p

Well I'm very interested in learning about RWD's history and their vintage machines. Is this one with the 1000cc engines or the 1.6l Ford? Love the look of the car anyway, big vintage AC fan and this is perfect for some of the gorgeous tracks we're blessed to have :)
Thank you! It's a rich history, indeed. This little guy is powered by a 1L Flat-4 supplied by Fenix, revving up into the 10k rpm territory.

Also wondering if RWD were ever active in the ~1970 two litre sportscar scene? :p

:whistling: ;)

Last edited:
Hey! I've been working on getting the Ferrari 312B into Assetto Corsa for a while. The 1970 f1 season is one of my favoruites. I think the combination of the wings and grooved tires is awesome! I imagine the cars was a handful to drive!
This is a learning project as I am a beginner at car modding. I got the car working now but it's needs more work. And since I got very limited talents, I'm looking for someone to help me finish the car. I'll put a download link here if anyone want to have a look or try it out at this stage.

Known main issues:

*Missing suspension animations
*Missing soundbank ( just replace sound in CM to the 312T or 330 P4 )
*Force feedback acts weird and goes crazy on bumps

3D Model is made by RCCDesign and is used with his permission. Some modifications made by me.
Textures is made by RCCDesign and some by me.
Physics is made by me.

Hoping to find more enthusiasts of the 1970's F1 cars! =)

/Emil

Attachments

• 312b_f.jpg
    312b_f.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 312b_r.jpg
    312b_r.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Really looking forward to this! The currently available CCs just don't cut it as representations of the real track. You did such a great job on Thruxton so I am hopeful that the three southern English tracks I know well (Goodwood, Thruxton and CC) will soon all be available in convincing versions. I don't suppose you are doing (or might do) a version pre-chicanes?

It looks from your Tatuus lap as though the LIDAR has reproduced the bumpiness leading up to Quarry. Is that right? There is a noticeable bump on the apex at Camp - I hope that's there too!

Last edited:
Been a while I posted anything in here. Had not touched my track project for a long time but recently started again with small details
Screenshot_adler_3_liter_jazper_accakuts_oschersleben_11-6-122-20-32-6.jpgZwischenablage01.jpg
Screenshot_adler_3_liter_jazper_accakuts_oschersleben_11-6-122-20-36-55.jpg
Zwischenablage02.jpgScreenshot_adler_3_liter_jazper_accakuts_oschersleben_11-6-122-20-32-28.jpg
(main pitbuilding is being worked on in a separate blend file..have not yet dared to click "apply" to all those array and mirror modifiers :confused: but at some point I need to, so that I can add this tunnel and also the podium area above one of the pitboxes)

Been a while I posted anything in here. Had not touched my track project for a long time but recently started again with small details
View attachment 581498View attachment 581501
View attachment 581500
View attachment 581502View attachment 581499
(main pitbuilding is being worked on in a separate blend file..have not yet dared to click "apply" to all those array and mirror modifiers :confused: but at some point I need to, so that I can add this tunnel and also the podium area above one of the pitboxes)
I was wondering what happened with this project, good to see it again :) I hope you will release it soon, Oschersleben is usually part of our league racing, would be nice to have it in better quality than the rf2 conversion I did. Do you have any ETA on the release date?

I was wondering what happened with this project, good to see it again :) I hope you will release it soon, Oschersleben is usually part of our league racing, would be nice to have it in better quality than the rf2 conversion I did. Do you have any ETA on the release date?
No I haven't but maybe i should aim at getting the basis for racing ready before I do more background buildings and such. For now I plan the "Moto" variant with the more open first corner, the "GT" with that 90° first turn, and the short Club variant, which all will differ just in the placement of some cones & tires and ofc physic walls.

Probably not this summer, but maybe come autumn.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%