The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Ohhhh nearly there, not too shabby for my first skin from scratch....still can't find the chinese logos and I'm loathe to hand draw them just in case I stuff up and cause a diplomatic incident ;)
__custom_showroom_1621721473.jpg

Interiors are hard. I do not envy those who design these things for real.

187880614_474904996927510_458863942372311938_n.png

Any thoughts on this basic direction? The cutout area would be a small nav screen and basic stereo controls. There will be a lower portion for the climate control. Vents would be sandwiched between the upper (coming from the doors and around) and the top of the lateral area. There will also be a driver-focused IP cluster behind the wheel (which I still need to design as well).

Not going to lie, I hate interiors. This has been such a pain...

Interiors are hard. I do not envy those who design these things for real.

View attachment 477101

Any thoughts on this basic direction? The cutout area would be a small nav screen and basic stereo controls. There will be a lower portion for the climate control. Vents would be sandwiched between the upper (coming from the doors and around) and the top of the lateral area. There will also be a driver-focused IP cluster behind the wheel (which I still need to design as well).

Not going to lie, I hate interiors. This has been such a pain...
I wouldn't have any idea on how to approach this from am aesthetical point of view. Just practicality. No touch screen for anything you might want to switch while the car is moving (something that really sucks in many modern cars). Space for codriver airbag. Leg space. Storage spaces with varying sizes (from parking garage key cards to full size helmets maybe? Sensible for a track focused car)

Can't wait to drive this creation :)

I wouldn't have any idea on how to approach this from am aesthetical point of view. Just practicality. No touch screen for anything you might want to switch while the car is moving (something that really sucks in many modern cars). Space for codriver airbag. Leg space. Storage spaces with varying sizes (from parking garage key cards to full size helmets maybe? Sensible for a track focused car)

Can't wait to drive this creation :)

Oh man, I couldn't agree more. I loathe those things in cars. Moving all the controls to a touch screen if probably the single dumbest trend in the modern automotive industry. In my BRZ I can reach all of the climate control dials without moving my hand from the shifter, without looking. Try doing that with an iPad that's been stapled to your dashboard.

Not to mention the impact the light pollution has on your night vision while on rural back roads... Ugh

Oh man, I couldn't agree more. I loathe those things in cars. Moving all the controls to a touch screen if probably the single dumbest trend in the modern automotive industry. In my BRZ I can reach all of the climate control dials without moving my hand from the shifter, without looking. Try doing that with an iPad that's been stapled to your dashboard.

Not to mention the impact the light pollution has on your night vision while on rural back roads... Ugh
:D my car is from 2015, no touchscreens yet. I actually came across this topic in a video about the Crew Dragon spacecraft, which added a special "bar" to rest the palm of your hands on when using the giant touch screens.

As I get more comfortable in Blender I now discovered skinning in 3d.
Right now I need an image like this
P90315125_highRes_bmw-team-rll-m8-gte-.jpg
to do it, but in a tutorial
for 3ds max I saw, the car is lined up by placing reference markers on the car and source image, so I hope there is a way to do the same in blender too. This is my first result:
preview.png

If someone wants to test the skin, as I can't do it at the moment, write me a pm, you need the URD mod for it though

Last edited:
Little teaser for what will be my final rally track for AC. 40km point-to-point is pushing me to my limits......

mouli_teaser_01.jpg

I refuse to open it in the game itself until I've done all the texture masking and foliage - otherwise I won't be able to resist driving on it and ruining it for myself before it's done!

Little teaser for what will be my final rally track for AC. 40km point-to-point is pushing me to my limits......

View attachment 477571

I refuse to open it in the game itself until I've done all the texture masking and foliage - otherwise I won't be able to resist driving on it and ruining it for myself before it's done!
2.jpg

I got the grass ingame, it's not lost.

..but your KSEditor screenshot up there looks really low res blurry compared to the menu around it.. is your Editor set up correctly?

It's not a patch, you just click 'save layout' in kseditor while it's at the resolution you want and then next time you load it it creates the right size window.

Realized it also makes sense to do the underside before I differentiate it from a Camaro any more... so after finishing all the main panel gaps I got to work on that.

Even if it ends up all 1-2% grey-black it matters a lot for how the car as a whole looks. Since the whole lower control arms are visible from a front view.
2g4OqxZ.jpg

GxNMjWu.jpg

If the trunk panel gap seems large blame GM.

Last edited:
Realized it also makes sense to do the underside before I differentiate it from a Camaro any more... so after finishing all the main panel gaps I got to work on that.

Even if it ends up all 1-2% grey-black it matters a lot for how the car as a whole looks. Since the whole lower control arms are visible from a front view.
2g4OqxZ.jpg

GxNMjWu.jpg

If the trunk panel gap seems large blame GM.

Looks awesome - love these ole' US of A classics

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea