The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Probably a stupid thing to ask, but how does one make a badly mapped car skinnable?

Specifically one of the RTM cars (the 2020 Porsche 935) which is just horrendously badly mapped and cannot be skinned whatsoever.

Does any dust kick up when you drive through that area? :thumbsup:

It does now - cheers buddy! :thumbsup:

Originally when you said that, I thought to myself "oh please don't do that, it'll look naff".

I was wrong. Very wrong. It's really nice and subtle.

Added dusty gravel marks left by quarry vehicles, ubiquitous Swiss and Bern flags, and a massive boulder, because... Switzerland :laugh:

These pics are like renaissance paintings - every time I view them I see some additional little detail I hadn't noticed before. On latest viewing, it was the birds sitting on the bunting... [chef kiss emoji]

SIGNS !
i assumed... it's an old british colony
i assumed, it must have british signs

so i did.
1617990330800.png

not to be confused with
1617990410902.png

please respect the law
20210409-193525-union_island-delage_2lcv-accum.jpg

and a screenshot for free
20210409-193909-union_island-delage_2lcv-accum.jpg

signs available to download here:

Last edited:
Everything still in WIP as I began this today
Mercedes W12 windscreen add-on for RSS FH21
1618007000969.png

The onboard look with the winglets in the air duct. It would be very complex and hard to do an add-on for adapt the RSS chassis/halo with the original car, so onboard is not 100% like the real
1618007072688.png

More add-ons for more cars to come in the future

Last edited:
I think it was used to good measure, a convincing effect that adds something - but not overdone. I'm a fan of the classic Zandvoort configuration and I would imagine it to be sandy it a spots.
The reality of that is the sand would eventually be blown off the track and grip up. The way Sergio's Zandvoort was setup with that sand it took away the one place in the final corner where you can setup a pass down the main straight. Might be fun for hot lapping but for actual racing it was unrealistic and ultimately very annoying. In the end we had to setup a special version without the sand and racing was greatly improved.

I think it was used to good measure, a convincing effect that adds something - but not overdone. I'm a fan of the classic Zandvoort configuration and I would imagine it to be sandy it a spots.
yes, i think it would be great if "dust effect" decrease while cars pass over it. at this video you can see track dusty at beginning of event and looks like get clear while racing, at first shot you can check one car passing at T1 making a lot of dust at inside line.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 41 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 42 12.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 39 11.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 112 34.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 193 58.8%