The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Mmm, I love the smell of baking ambient occlusion - not so keen on Blender's UV packing, every update I hope they've improved it but it still leaves empty spaces everywhere, in the past I've done it by hand which takes ages and usually ends up needing to be done again when you spot something that needs changing.

I've been thinking of buying the UVPackmaster add-on, which seems to work much better, anyone got it and can recommend it or tell me not waste my money?

delage_04032021.jpg

Mmm, I love the smell of baking ambient occlusion - not so keen on Blender's UV packing, every update I hope they've improved it but it still leaves empty spaces everywhere, in the past I've done it by hand which takes ages and usually ends up needing to be done again when you spot something that needs changing.

I've been thinking of buying the UVPackmaster add-on, which seems to work much better, anyone got it and can recommend it or tell me not waste my money?

View attachment 451190

i think it's the same everywhere
it detects squares around the objects, and don't use the empty faces within... same in 3dsmax
so you need to manually edit some things if you want those space used !
or... it's very clever, and it's allowing you to use those spaces for the details you haven't done yet :p
1614865184198.png

(ps i have no experience with UVPackmaster )

Last edited:
Like your other rally track this one also looks 5***** stars to me but can I ask - what car (mod) are you using in the vid' of your track?

Thanks. It's the rallylegends one but I've updated the exterior sounds n stuff (don't think it was working past a certain update)
I think it's got great physics compared to some others out there which I think are way too grippy
If it's allowed I'm happy to send you my modified one via pm (last update for the original was like 5 years ago or something

Don't worry about it, I've got a few other mean machines in my rally cyber garage to try with the track when I finally (another story) get to my rig to try it. :)

Last edited:
Consecutive posts, one with a Mercedes W125 streamliner and one with a Monte Carlo Rally stage. How very AC. Those will be an interesting combo...

Quite aside from the great stage thanks @wmialil that video production is stunning. And I say that as someone who will never understand music in car bids, but the cinematography there is on point - great showcase.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea