The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Thanks @guidofoc. Didn't know that was a place for modding exclusively.

Again, sorry for everyone who thought I was trolling, was not my intention here.

If there is a place in this forum I can post these, I'd like to know, for post them properly.

Regards.
we're a nice and welcoming (for most) community
Do what makes you happy ;)

i don't know where you could post these
racedepartment has a lot of forums per game
maybe a general section ?
Or something more appropriate like a creative forum and pixel arts, where people could give you valuable opinions unlike here ^^

that's the thing, the more different houses i make, the more unwrapping i need in case of AO.
Wear can always be added on top afterwards
But AO... the more houses, the more dds...

VAO will do just fine. Unless you want to keep it vanilla friendly in which case.... have fun I guess.

VAO will do just fine. Unless you want to keep it vanilla friendly in which case.... have fun I guess.
VAO will not do the job in this case unless the buildings are modeled specifically to use it. With that I mean, the top vertices from the windows are closer to the roof than the closest vertex on corners (which would usually be at ground level), creating unwanted shadowing.
Sure, VAO can be used, but it will cost more polygons. Or unwrap everything (indeed in, say, 2 different 4K textures) without the need of those extra polies.

The unrwapping variant takes up more memory and more work. But it gives more flexibility in return.
But I do have quite a good idea of how many houses you (Ben) need to do so the choice is difficult... :D

Last edited:
VAO will not do the job in this case unless the buildings are modeled specifically to use it. With that I mean, the top vertices from the windows are closer to the roof than the closest vertex on corners (which would usually be at ground level), creating unwanted shadowing.
Sure, VAO can be used, but it will cost more polygons. Or unwrap everything (indeed in, say, 2 different 4K textures) without the need of those extra polies.

The unrwapping variant takes up more memory and more work. But it gives more flexibility in return.
But I do have quite a good idea of how many houses you (Ben) need to do so the choice is difficult... :D
Laziness is the greatest gift.
It will make me find a clever way to save me some hassle...
This is the way.

not sure how i'll even texture all this, and it's just the beginning :unsure:
but anyways, some early life for the airport surroundings
unknown.png

colours are no joke
unknown.png

I don't want to come across as a nosy neighbour - but which airport or road are you creating. But feel free to tell me to mind my own business :D

I took a few weeks break from the Porsche (well, not exactly... I was just doing stuff that I can't make pictures of, but I did also spend a couple days on some other vehicles) but now I'm doing the instruments...
26Fp31n.png

Gonna be downsized for the actual texture but I've got a nice render setup in Blender for making these now so GIMP doesn't have to be involved.

I don't think I ever showed off the colourful engine stuff in this thread but I did that early in feb.
RXDuXx4.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ looks amazing

I've been thoroughly enjoying getting my mates and extended family to take photos of themselves to be immortalized in 3d as (incredibly low poly) spectators on my rally track. Trying to get keyframe animations to work is proving tricky though so theyre all static for now....

ladslads.jpg

Last edited:
Pro modders cover your eyes

road_mtl_01.JPG

you'd think i know what i'm doing with my materials by now...
But what a numerous way of messing up the result. Alpha channel, rgb channels, magic mult and more.
And once you think you understood, next thing you know, you try to redo a mask almost identically and the result is so different that it shatters everything you thought you finally got.

Trial and error.
And eventually calling it done before destroying it all over again!
"The journey of a track modder", available soon in your bookstore.

Still working on Aspertsham v0.8 (version for Content Manager+CSP+Sol).

New features will be: Reverse layout, chicane layout, wet layout, physical road mesh with higher resolution, seasonal adjustments autumn and winter, grass FX, working street lamps, random dynamic objects like birds, a plane, a balloon, a helicopter, more details (more 3D objects instead of simple textures) and many visible 3D barriers to indicate invisible walls/end of the world. All shaders and functions are optimized for use with the best additions I can imagine: CM, CSP and Sol, making my small track looking better and better. Thank you to all people involved!

Initially release was planned for Easter sunday 2020, but I had problems with uploading (although having a smaller file size than I had for v0.7) and then I decided to place special focus on the new rally like layout with chicanes. Still improving this version.

Release should be in a few weeks and I hope, I can upload it at that time without problems.

View attachment 376412View attachment 376414View attachment 376415View attachment 376416View attachment 376417View attachment 376418View attachment 376419
I'm sorry to be that guy, but is there a chance that we'll be able to drive it soon? It's one of the most gorgeous tracks around. :inlove:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 160 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 30 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 67 36.6%