The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

__custom_showroom_1607247222.jpg

:whistling:

Last edited:
Every time I work to finish something I notice another thing that needs to be done so no release yet. Still, blackwall tires + steel wheels are done. Just need to set up the CSP config so they're on race skins.

dMyM2sy.jpg

The AI seems adequately competent, not that I'm a fast driver, even when I don't spin out.
Bi4eOEC.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone!Sorry for my bad eng, Im from Russia. Please, who can tell me about FSPY camera customization. I have frame motorbike photos, aligh them in Fspy and use blender, but some details dont fit :(. What tips, secrets are there? Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 3sUP9HHrWwM.jpg
    3sUP9HHrWwM.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 128
  • CTtVFogEl-M.jpg
    CTtVFogEl-M.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 132
This has been my obsession for the last 2 weeks - the old Mugello road circuit from the late 1960s. I very much doubt it will ever get to a releasable state, but my aim is to get it to a 'useable' state so that I can have fun with it off-line, driving a range of vintage cars around the tortuous 62km route.

So far I have only really smoothed the elevation changes for the first 20km or so, but it is already addictive to drive - it's a 35min lap in the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, and I am only crashing once or twice per lap now :laugh:

So, sorry if Battenbergring gets delayed until after Christmas, but this thing is addictive!

This has been my obsession for the last 2 weeks - the old Mugello road circuit from the late 1960s. I very much doubt it will ever get to a releasable state, but my aim is to get it to a 'useable' state so that I can have fun with it off-line, driving a range of vintage cars around the tortuous 62km route.

So far I have only really smoothed the elevation changes for the first 20km or so, but it is already addictive to drive - it's a 35min lap in the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, and I am only crashing once or twice per lap now :laugh:

So, sorry if Battenbergring gets delayed until after Christmas, but this thing is addictive!
So not only you're a talented modder, you're also a gentleman driver, and a mad man to work on 62 km :confused: :D

Last edited:
I have no idea how they used to do those races :O_o: And I practice using a relatively modest Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - in the last race in 1970 there were Lola T210, Alfa Romeo T33/2 Spider, Porsche 910, Chevron B8 amongst many other really quick cars.

It the track's defence, it is very much split into quite distinct sections, and my video shows the most technical and arduous 18km of the whole lap - there are some very fast, flowing parts too which are a lot of fun to drive. If I get as far as adding the villages and other landmarks I think the lap would go a lot quicker. I have only ever completed one lap at a time. It's really quite intense, especially in VR.

As I said, it is currently just a play thing, a bit of fun in 3ds max that I can also use in AC, but I can't imagine completing a 62km project with any great level of detail. Some of the photos and videos I have found make it very tempting, though...

mugello 1968 - Bing images-12.jpg

mugello 1968 - Bing images-10.jpg

mugello 1970 - Bing images-5.jpg

I have no idea how they used to do those races :O_o: And I practice using a relatively modest Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - in the last race in 1970 there were Lola T210, Alfa Romeo T33/2 Spider, Porsche 910, Chevron B8 amongst many other really quick cars.

It the track's defence, it is very much split into quite distinct sections, and my video shows the most technical and arduous 18km of the whole lap - there are some very fast, flowing parts too which are a lot of fun to drive. If I get as far as adding the villages and other landmarks I think the lap would go a lot quicker. I have only ever completed one lap at a time. It's really quite intense, especially in VR.

As I said, it is currently just a play thing, a bit of fun in 3ds max that I can also use in AC, but I can't imagine completing a 62km project with any great level of detail. Some of the photos and videos I have found make it very tempting, though...

View attachment 425895
View attachment 425896
View attachment 425897
Have you considered scaling down by a % the whole track, would it make sense or think it would denature it too much

Yes, I have briefly considered that option, but mainly in an attempt to reduce the shaky physics at the two extreme ends of the route (which isn't terrible, but I do wish it didn't exist at all).

I don't think scaling the whole track by a uniform percentage would work as the hairpin bends are already very tight, and there aren't really any long straights on either side that I could shorten to reduce the overall dimensions by much. Plus, I'm not sure my autism could cope with making something that I knew deep down was 'wrong' :unsure:

I think if I just treat this as a fun project that is always there on the back-burner, and don't get uptight about having to release it into the wild then it will be okay. That's not to say that I won't be happy to share it with anyone else who wants to try it out (which I am already doing, even in this poor state).

I'm not sure my autism could cope with making something that I knew deep down was 'wrong'
You're not confusing autism with anal-retentive, are you? :laugh:

Yes, I have briefly considered that option, but mainly in an attempt to reduce the shaky physics at the two extreme ends of the route (which isn't terrible, but I do wish it didn't exist at all).
What about breaking it into stages, similar to a road rally? While not authentic to a full course racing lap, it might be more manageable in the sim and you wouldn't have to sacrifice your standard level of detail (read very high and most excellent). I for one can envision tearing through a village the likes of one in that first photo crafted by the Fat-Alfie road course skunkworks. :thumbsup:

I've gotta say, that looks like an absolute blast from your video. And I thought Fonteny took a while to remember...

Last edited:

I don't think scaling the whole track by a uniform percentage would work as the hairpin bends are already very tight, and there aren't really any long straights on either side that I could shorten to reduce the overall dimensions by much. Plus, I'm not sure my autism could cope with making something that I knew deep down was 'wrong' :unsure:

I think if I just treat this as a fun project that is always there on the back-burner, and don't get uptight about having to release it into the wild then it will be okay. That's not to say that I won't be happy to share it with anyone else who wants to try it out (which I am already doing, even in this poor state).
what if... we'd scale down the cars as well :D

Have considered doing it as a joint project with some of the other top class modders around ? For example you do the track and others do a village each or 'decorate' a stretch of the rural areas. Or would this be an even bigger stretch ? lol

Have considered doing it as a joint project with some of the other top class modders around ? For example you do the track and others do a village each or 'decorate' a stretch of the rural areas. Or would this be an even bigger stretch ? lol
Presumably that would lead to inconsistent appearances along the track, since everyone of the top guys around here has their own style (not only visually, but also in workflow etc).

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 115 70.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 25.2%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 32 19.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 20.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 20.2%