The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

The skin is near to release but i have a problem. The grey paint dont look really good. How can i make it looks more "metallic effect". I tried many things but can't have the same mettalic grey effect
2cbg.jpg

What the real car look like
msmn.jpg

Probably is also related to the 3d model himself and the settings in materials and shaders. But the car is not finished (and probably never) so i can't do nothing.

The only way i suppose is to make the body material more shiny, then adjusting body maps accordingly

After a long hiatus I was hit by the Muse yesterday and this is how long I have gotten at this point.

__custom_showroom_1586779740.jpg

Prognoviach KGB pursuit squad

__custom_showroom_1586779783.jpg

Okay now. What movie?

__custom_showroom_1586779799.jpg

Need to find out how to change rim colors to chrome and if there is a legal way to add the correct rims and a small rotating radar to Kunos cars, with kn5 and pointer files just like it is possible to add objects to their tracks.

__custom_showroom_1586779766.jpg

I have wanted to do this for a long time and getting the rest of the AC dlc earlier this year is making it possible.

__custom_showroom_1586779834.jpg

I also would like to make the adversary car, but I have a hard time finding decent Nova Sterling Kitcar plans.

Happy Simming

The skin is near to release but i have a problem. The grey paint dont look really good. How can i make it looks more "metallic effect". I tried many things but can't have the same mettalic grey effect
2cbg.jpg

What the real car look like
msmn.jpg

Probably is also related to the 3d model himself and the settings in materials and shaders. But the car is not finished (and probably never) so i can't do nothing.
You have to go for silver a little darker blue and more saturated and the orange also way more saturated like radioactive :D

@garyjpaterson any news about your Ferrari 550?
Sorry, been super busy lately and not had enough time to sink into a proper mod project (hence why for the mod I made, I pretty much spent just a single weekend on it in total).

It is something I'd like to see finished, but at the same time its old enough now where some of the modelling isn't quite as good as I'd like from myself, and I don't really have the motivation to remake it so I'd need to accept releasing something of a lesser quality.

Sorry, been super busy lately and not had enough time to sink into a proper mod project (hence why for the mod I made, I pretty much spent just a single weekend on it in total).

It is something I'd like to see finished, but at the same time its old enough now where some of the modelling isn't quite as good as I'd like from myself, and I don't really have the motivation to remake it so I'd need to accept releasing something of a lesser quality.
Dude, when you are flying this high, I feel like minor variation in altitude doesn't make a significant difference. There isn't lesser quality with you, it's just different :D maybe in this case more like vanilla AC standard, not modded beyond recognition aftermarket graphics engine standard.

In any case, would love to see it come to life eventually and shuffle that gated stick around LA Canyon like a rich snob :roflmao:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 154 65.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 105 44.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 111 47.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 65 27.8%
Back