The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

• Deleted member 223075

241t.jpg

Ooh it's so cute :inlove:
Will there be a Mr Bean paintscheme?
View attachment 360842
Mr Bean Mini was not a Cooper, and was a MK3, not a MK1 as mine. So to be coherent, i can't include it.

@Pessio have you considered to continue working on your Tipo once you have finished the Mini, especially for the sound department?

Dunno, but not in close future, i'm still awful in creating sounds, at least in finding and extrapolating good sources

• Deleted member 223075

Finished. Not similar because not the same model but look really good
0ds2.jpg

Love me some Testarossa! First Amplified's magnificent soundmod and now this. It just keeps getting better.

PS: Love the plate.
And it does indeed! new semi slick tires for the S1

__custom_showroom_1586343928.jpg

I was planning on using the Tires FX CSP extension but turns out it doesn't support normal maps, so only changes the diffuse map. Not good for a completely different set of tires, so... these went into the skin folder instead. That way if someone wants to change it to the default street tires, only needs to delete the files.

And it does indeed! new semi slick tires for the S1

View attachment 361226

I was planning on using the Tires FX CSP extension but turns out it doesn't support normal maps, so only changes the diffuse map. Not good for a completely different set of tires, so... these went into the skin folder instead. That way if someone wants to change it to the default street tires, only needs to delete the files.

Are you sure? I'm 90% positive I've got custom normal maps on some tires I have on my VRC 2018 Formula NA skin working through Tires FX. I'll have to doublecheck...

Are you sure? I'm 90% positive I've got custom normal maps on some tires I have on my VRC 2018 Formula NA skin working through Tires FX. I'll have to doublecheck...
@A3DR If it helps, on the documentation (link) there's code for normal maps:
Code:
[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SM]  -  TXBLUR    =
[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SM]  -  TXDIFFUSE    =
[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SM]  -  TXNORMAL    =
[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SM]  -  TXNORMALBLUR  =
So you'll only have to add TXNORMAL and TXNORMALBLUR pointing to the normal maps along the TXBLUR and TXDIFFUSE that most configs use. Edited the above assuming these are for SM.

UPDATE: I see that the problem you might be having is because rear and front tyres are different on the 512TR, and the documentation doesn't mention TXNORMAL/TXNORMALBLUR for _X. You'll have to try something like [TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SM_0] and [TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SM_1] for front/rear, and pray it works :\.

Last edited:
Nice, thanks! will give it a shot then. Looked at a couple of examples and they only changed the Diffuse maps, same in the files found in the root extensions folder so... damn, why this has to be so confusing? at least now I know I can set it up properly :)

Edit: Got it working but it's worth noting that it changes all the textures for ANY kstyre shader that's on the car. In this case I've had two sets of textures, front and rear, being the tread is different and the sidewalls have different numbers.
Even though they're named accordingly (front_tires, rear_tires), the textures I set up in the extensions file replace them all together.

Good thing the SM tires have a clear sidewall with only the brand and the tread is the same for all :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Updated the above, sorry. Only noticed later that the car used different textures for front and rear, and I'm not sure that all normal map options will still work for suffixed _X, as it's not on the doc I've linked.
I see no mention of TXDIRTY on the docs above, but you might as well try it.

Updated the above, sorry. Only noticed later that the car used different textures for front and rear, and I'm not sure that all normal map options will still work for suffixed _X, as it's not on the doc I've linked.
I see no mention of TXDIRTY on the docs above, but you might as well try it.
Just updated my post a minute ago with that. Didn't consider the dirty map. It works just fine without it.

Screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_s1_ks_brands_hatch_8-4-120-13-50-59.jpg

Last edited:
Just updated my post a minute ago with that. Didn't consider the dirty map. It works just fine without it.

View attachment 361316
Updated:
For discrete textures for F/R, I meant something like:
Code:
[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SM_0]
TXDIFFUSE  = TIRES_front_D_SM.dds
TXNORMAL = TIRES_front_N_SM.dds
TXBLUR  = TIRES_BLUR_front_D_SM.dds
TXNORMALBLUR  = TIRES_BLUR_front_N_SM.dds
MATERIAL  =  EXT_Tires_FRONT

[TYRES_FX_CUSTOMTEXTURE_SM_1]
TXDIFFUSE = TIRES_rear_D_SM.dds
TXNORMAL = TIRES_rear_N_SM.dds
TXBLUR  = TIRES_BLUR_rear_D_SM.dds
TXNORMALBLUR  = TIRES_BLUR_rear_N_SM.dds
MATERIAL = EXT_Tires_REAR

I failed to notice the (obviously) required MATERIAL parameter for _X, so it might work as you intend this way.

PS: You can also pack all texture files in a .zip and reference them as = tires_SM.zip::TIRES_front_D_SM.dds

Last edited:
Edit: Got it working but it's worth noting that it changes all the textures for ANY kstyre shader that's on the car. In this case I've had two sets of textures, front and rear, being the tread is different and the sidewalls have different numbers.
Even though they're named accordingly (front_tires, rear_tires), the textures I set up in the extensions file replace them all together.

Good thing the SM tires have a clear sidewall with only the brand and the tread is the same for all :thumbsdown:
You could use one material for two tyres; just use a 2×1 texture instead of 1×1? Or am I being silly now? :)

Hopefully my previous post should take care of that issue without changes to the model :coffee: (provided normal maps still work too for _X...)

For the model I based the config on, it was already using one material per pair. EXT_Tires_REAR and EXT_Tires_FRONT (but same textures for L/R on each).

Edit: I figured now what you meant in regard of having a single texture with two different maps for F/R, sorry. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • No 3pa registration pages