The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

As I've had hardly any work since the start of March (freelance graphic designer :rolleyes:)

I hear ya, dude. Things have been slow here, too (owner/operator boutique design firm). Canada has brought out various stimulus/support packages for people but I literally don't qualify for a single one of them, yet. The one that was (ostensibly) designed specifically for contract/gig/sel-employed workers requires absolutely 0 income to be eligible, but you also have to be non-voluntarily not working. So if a freelancers gets a small request (even $1000) you're not eligible for it. Go figure. :cautious:

In any case, I'm still in a better spot than many, many others. Somehow I've remained busy day-to-day. I guess spending so much time in bed will reduce your available working hours? hah

Brem is looking great, though! :D

If it was based on the GPL version that I found a couple of years ago, then it will be wildly inaccurate - the sole reason I decided to make my own. The layout of the track is wrong in so many places, the buildings seem fictional (even though a lot of them are either still in existance or there are architect's scale drawings available for them on Bern's archive).

This shows one of the buildings, next to my version, next to a screenshot from Google Earth:
iM9MLNv.png

And the line of the road running through the Quarry area, next to the actual path it followed:
6csernu.jpg

Plus, I just enjoy researching and making old tracks, so even if it has been made before, I will still get a huge amount of pleasure from making a version for myself :)

If it was based on the GPL version that I found a couple of years ago, then it will be wildly inaccurate - the sole reason I decided to make my own. The layout of the track is wrong in so many places, the buildings seem fictional (even though a lot of them are either still in existance or there are architect's scale drawings available for them on Bern's archive).

This shows one of the buildings, next to my version, next to a screenshot from Google Earth:
iM9MLNv.png

Thats an rfactor conversion from here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bremgarten-1954-by-boblebric-and-neel-jani.8735/, that does not seem to originate from gpl.

The gpl version of the house is visible here:
I actually think the house is closer to reality than in rfactor, though the whole gpl circuit looks well aged :) looks at these texture walls in the woods :D

I am looking forward to your version Fat-Alfie!

Last edited:
Thats an rfactor conversion from here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bremgarten-1954-by-boblebric-and-neel-jani.8735/, that does not seem to originate from gpl.

The gpl version of the house is visible here:
I actually think the house is closer to reality than in rfactor, though the whole gpl circuit looks well aged :) looks at these texture walls in the woods :D

I am looking forward to your version Fat-Alfie!

Yes, watching that video, the layout seems a lot closer to what I have come up with from the topographic maps and photos/videos I found. Nice to see the ridiculous huge jump as you enter the quarry is missing too - I always found that hard to accept as being realistic. This video shows the Quarry entrance off the main straight, at 0:15 sec - no ramp, no jump, just a medium descent to the base of the quarry:

I thought about it sometimes, but, i'm not a big fan of modern looking, Roverish mini. Not to mention, the body shell is so different, will be an hard work converting it. But, speaking about specs and physics, they almost match the racing mini that is coming.
Believe it or not, I think the body shell is essentially identical, save the updated Rover grille and associated body badges (any Brits-in-the-know wanna confirm?). Of course the Miglia cars also sport fender flares to cover those pudgy little racing slicks and I would imagine there are suspension differences as well. You'd likely have a bit of work for the interior as I think they use more modern racing dashes, seats and much more substantial roll cages.

Regardless, it is your project and your time and I know the investment of self these projects require can be substantial. Please don't fault me for suggesting the Miglia. As a big Mini fan (oxymoron, anyone? :O_o:), I welcome any well done Mini mods to our beloved AC and look forward to having a go in your racing version (as I'm sure many others do). She is looking most excellent and very classic in Linden Green as well! :thumbsup:

Believe it or not, I think the body shell is essentially identical, save the updated Rover grille and associated body badges (any Brits-in-the-know wanna confirm?). Of course the Miglia cars also sport fender flares to cover those pudgy little racing slicks and I would imagine there are suspension differences as well. You'd likely have a bit of work for the interior as I think they use more modern racing dashes, seats and much more substantial roll cages.

Regardless, it is your project and your time and I know the investment of self these projects require can be substantial. Please don't fault me for suggesting the Miglia. As a big Mini fan (oxymoron, anyone? :O_o:), I welcome any well done Mini mods to our beloved AC and look forward to having a go in your racing version (as I'm sure many others do). She is looking most excellent and very classic in Linden Green as well! :thumbsup:

:) :) :)
Maybe you don't know, but i'm a mini owner! An italian bastard son. Innocenti Mini Cooper Export, here.

0b21fde9-9474-426a-ac0d-0b091a2e1a57.jpg

Mine is an Mk3, roughtly same body as Mini Miglias.
Grille is only cosmetic, and the front is da same, but doors are completely different, sadly. Cuts are different, and now that i made openable doors will be really tricky redo all. In the back, the rear glass is bigger, and the shell in proximity of lights ( cause of different lights ) is different, not to mention the different bootlid.

Doing the miglia can be fun, cause i can do my car too in the process, but well, will see.

Miglias have same setup, same suspensions, a little beefer engine ( 140hp vs 125hp of a good App.K race car ) Really wide slick tyres and rims with a really big offset, but no LSD.

Maybe you don't know, but i'm a mini owner! An italian bastard son. Innocenti Mini Cooper Export, here.

0b21fde9-9474-426a-ac0d-0b091a2e1a57.jpg

Mine is an Mk3, roughtly same body as Mini Miglias.
I didn't but do now...I like it! Looks like she's in good shape as well. :thumbsup:

but doors are completely different...the rear glass is bigger..
Fair points and I forgot about both.

Doing the miglia can be fun, cause i can do my car too in the process, but well, will see.
It's your time and labor...but if you make it, I'll definitely drive the virtual wheels off it (and I suspect I'm not alone in that ;))

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 144 65.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 100 45.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 103 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 61 27.9%
Back