The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

#Vintage racing in Keimola motor stadium!

AC_Keimola.jpg

Last edited:
Will this livery ever be racing in real life? Enjoy this highly detailed skin in the virtual world!

vf20_005.jpg

vf20_012.jpg

My track is ready to go but I don't have the "privileges" required to post a mod? I've done this before, am I missing something?

Think I've worked it out

My track is ready to go but I don't have the "privileges" required to post a mod? I've done this before, am I missing something?

Just been scratching my head over this myself today, you have to go to the 'Downloads' section and click the 'Add Resource' button, then select as appropriate. When your file uploads the only feedback you get is the file name with a line through it, which made me think the upload was failing so I spent half an hour trying it again and again until I got fed up and clicked 'Save' only to find out it had uploaded fine :rolleyes:.

Just been scratching my head over this myself today, you have to go to the 'Downloads' section and click the 'Add Resource' button, then select as appropriate. When your file uploads the only feedback you get is the file name with a line through it, which made me think the upload was failing so I spent half an hour trying it again and again until I got fed up and clicked 'Save' only to find out it had uploaded fine :rolleyes:.

Thanks. Wonder why they changed it

Another question for you all:

I've created a reverse layout for my track using separate smaller kn5 files.
It loads correctly (albeit a lot more slowly than the original version which is pretty much identical in size????) but then gives me the "wrong way" sign as I drive all the way down the track. If you spin a 180 it goes away which indicates it's still calibrated to the original layout.

I have drawn a new AI spline for this reverse layout and double checked in Blender that all start and timing gates are facing the right way but the horrible red circle just won't go away!

Any ideas?

Got rid of it by completely redoing the entire track folder but now seem unable to draw an AI spline for new replays...

Sorted it

Last edited:
That reminds me to comment on something for the VT, the Viola Ophelia paint it includes might be a bit too "red wine", maybe lacking some blue. I'd expect it look look a bit more purple as on later model diablos with that paint (example), (example2).
OTH, it looks closer to this burgundy metallic (?) SE30 paint, so in the end, is only the name :laugh: .

PS: It's tricky, because on some photo sets it can look quite red under bright/warm sunglight (set) (ex2) and closer to yours, don't know if this color mix had some changes along the way, or the finish can look radically different depending on ambient light.

Last edited:
That reminds me to comment on something for the VT, the Viola Ophelia paint it includes might be a bit too "red wine", maybe lacking some blue. I'd expect it look look a bit more purple as on later model diablos with that paint (example), (example2).
OTH, it looks closer to this burgundy metallic (?) SE30 paint, so in the end, is only the name :laugh: .
I got that color from the Aventador, so I didn't know there were actually some Diablos that came with that paint (when you search for images with that name is the first that comes up).
I was just messing around anyway :D no real intentions of replicating exactly the same color.

The 512TR S1 it's been getting some love these days from Jason and myself, so an update is coming soon on both Class A and B NFS cars!

View attachment 360687View attachment 360686

I remember there were some tipos in the skins names, like chairo instead of chiaro, for both cars. If you need, send me a screenshot of the skins names and I'll report you back eventual corrections before you release the update ;)

One last look before they all go out to what I'm hoping will be the final release
nd proud to see how the by-product of our NFS project turned out
I remember there were some tipos in the skins names, like chairo instead of chiaro, for both cars. If you need, send me a screenshot of the skins names and I'll report you back eventual corrections before you release the update ;)
Thanks, I've fixed the error there. Let me know if any of the other real paint names need correction (they're still the same). Not sure if the S1 names will need some adjustments though... :D

Screenshot_43.jpg

PS: It's tricky, because on some photo sets it can look quite red under bright/warm sunglight (set) (ex2) and closer to yours, don't know if this color mix had some changes along the way, or the finish can look radically different depending on ambient light.

Matching colors from RL to AC is tricky business indeed. I got a big taste of it doing all of the colors for the XJ13 (matched to RL E-type colors, mostly) and the 993 Turbo S2 (many of them matched from all over the place.) It's heavily dependent on AC settings, materials, PPF, time of day, track, monitor calibration, etc., and that's not even accounting for the differences you'll find in different photographic sources you mentioned. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back