The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I think might want to replicate an actual engine in some way. What I am seeing there doesn't really make any sense knowing how engines actually work.

Assuming you are trying to copy the Ferrari V12 in some way you need to have the intake stacks under the top of the cylinder head. So you have intake, plugs, then exhaust.

View attachment 357608

He is trying to replicate the 1966 Honda v12 engine from the ra273
This one

He is trying to replicate the 1966 Honda v12 engine from the ra273
This one
OK yeah I can see how you can get confused with that engine. It's got a center intake design. But still has valve covers on each side.

This model shows it pretty well even if the image is small. Lower valve cover is hidden by the bodywork.
1585153302717.png

Last edited:
Well, I too have some spare time on my hands. I'm considering finishing an AE86 project I started a long time ago. I have a set of nearly 40 replica skins for the AE86, but here is the thing thats always bugged me. The cars that I'm basing these liveries off of are so much faster than the Kunos tuned AE86. I just feel it would be more interesting if the car was quicker and maybe BOP'd up to some more interesting competition.

What cars would you like to race the AE86 against? Anyone care to help tune the car to a new class (I have zero experience with that) and then release this whole thing as a new car pack?

Here are some samples :)

Screen-Shot-AE-2.jpg
Screen-Shot-AE-1.jpg

Well, in theory it would be, but in practice since the issue with having a lot of cars running around is related to physics rather than graphics, didn't make a lot of sense to bother doing low poly stuff that's easy on the GPU, while the physics would still cause the CPU load problem.
There are mods for traffic (for the Shutoku Revival Project map) that I believe have no actual physics, but these cars also have no collision, they just drive strictly on the line without any reaction. Maybe it would be possible for the cars to have no real driving physics while maintaining working collision? Hopefully this doesn't sound too stupid, I don't really know how the game physics actually work.

There are mods for traffic (for the Shutoku Revival Project map) that I believe have no actual physics, but these cars also have no collision, they just drive strictly on the line without any reaction. Maybe it would be possible for the cars to have no real driving physics while maintaining working collision? Hopefully this doesn't sound too stupid, I don't really know how the game physics actually work.
Well, that makes more sense in a way, but having no collision ruins the fun of having traffic to avoid.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back