The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

This one should be good to go in a bit. Just need to apply final things and do the paperwork. I'll be glad too it's finished..., this was not an easy one.:coffee:
Showroom-ks-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-2-8-2019-15-47-13.jpg

Ill also give these guys some sort of a generic 70's helmet. Or better said my interpretation of it. Very simple ones, just to avoid default-looking drivers. And giving that balaclava a wash of dirty so we're not looking at some detergent commercial.
Screenshot-ks-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-ks-laguna-seca-2-9-119-18-39-30.jpg

Last edited:
Is possible to animate suspensions in blender with constraints? I opened the fbx file in dev pipeline in blender but i saw no costraint animation.

If you use constraints you still need the timeline range to cover the range of motion of the suspension, probably by having the HUB_ nodes move up and down as position keyframes, and then afaik an ascii fbx export works.

Is possible to animate suspensions in blender with constraints? I opened the fbx file in dev pipeline in blender but i saw no costraint animation.
Additional to stereo, you need to bake the constraint motion. Thus you need to give the base Empty some keyframes the rest follows

ohhh, i did it, kinda! all is working, but... well, is working and without any car_susp_xx.ksanim in animations FOLDER. :O_o:
Is that correct?!?!

X1wbdr3.jpg

4L29fRc.jpg

eEtkjy5.jpg

pWBDS1N.jpg

RIG35kn.jpg

RVAfpcw.jpg

Physics tweaking is quite the challenge. I'm waiting on access to the real thing in my area but hasn't materialized yet. When it's really stiff it feels alright but the softer it goes with 90s tires it's tough to get it to a BMW-esque point without going full muscle car characteristics as I don't have rear axle data.

Will keep playing around with it.

Modeled around 30 buttons by now so interior update soon :).

Working on a weatherfx tentatively called "clear_day" because the one thing it does is a clear sky.
Vz7euOx.jpg

FthaB45.jpg

Mostly just doing it cause Sol was too hard to edit, I had no interest in 31 of the 32 weather options, and I wanted a daylight even clearer than 'no clouds - performance' that suits places like LA Canyons.

Last edited:
I did it...

source.gif

Edit
One of my favourites here. Never mind the probably awful quality of the shot, but you get the idea. And errors are (almost) not visible.:) Pretty much done apart from the stripes on the roof/a-pillar. Hope to get it done this week.
Screenshot-ks-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-ks-laguna-seca-5-9-119-23-11-59.jpg

Last edited:
I swapped out the default engine sound in the 74 Carrera RSR for the 935 Moby Dick and dare I say it sounds quite smashing and much closer to the real RSR exhaust note.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.