The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Morning guys...

uUgLkUG.jpg

The fact that my new notebook renders blisteringly fast (coming from a W530 that probably isn't very fast but hey) doesn't help my workflow :). I separated the interior roofline and am welding and refining A and C pillars plus gauges, vents and switches so I can put you in the driver's seat asap.

In the meantime I finally got my shadow-line window frames - whoohouu.

jaHNign.jpg

6QMKqSS.jpg

Last edited:
fphQ1yB.jpg

No better test track to tweak the physics while the interior is strangely hidden away (work on that not done yet).

KfnRDjg.jpg

U9itKH9.jpg

My tires have this normals issue again which I've had before but only on the tires and I forgot how I solved it. That said the bodylines are working well with the light.
For the tires, CTRL+A -> Apply scale, then flip normals. (if they're only broken on one side)

If they're broken on both and look fine in blender, check the normal texture you're using for them in the ksEditor, it's probably not right.

For the tires, CTRL+A -> Apply scale, then flip normals. (if they're only broken on one side)

If they're broken on both and look fine in blender, check the normal texture you're using for them in the ksEditor, it's probably not right.

Cheers! I had checked normals and scale before and it's all as it should be. You were right about the material, normal was fine but somehow my settings for kstyres was off and created a reflective surface on the tire.

Thanks for pointing in the right direction!

After 4 full days and a bit of flu ( love having fever in summer ) exterior is done.
This time i focused on optimising body mesh, reaching a good 20k tris count, vs the 30 of mini and 40 of birdcage, so i pushed little more on details.

90k including rims. Still missing disks and suspensions and all still missing uv mapping.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Safety concerns kicked in (it does do over 90mph, possibly capable of 100 with carb tuning)

u3VI9Y8.jpg

so the roll hoop is now taller than the driver's head, it has front brakes, and (sort of) seatbelts.

DIR_ node count is getting out of hand, it now has 25 handling all sorts of things cause I don't feel like doing actual suspension animations.

Also fiddling with paint possibilities... once the actual one's painted I'll try to release this

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Forum trophies