The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Mini has top speed advantage over all those other cars ? Would have never expected. Really ?
I meant that while Monza Junior isn't a track with long straights for high top speeds (which the Mini obviously should struggle at) it doesnt have many corners either and is mostly acceleration and straights with just a couple of corners which I imagine wouldn't suit the Mini all that much... In a nutshell, stick the word either on to the end of what you quoted.That Mini was hitting similar speeds to the other cars in class I think which doesnt seem right but then again I thought he was going for the 60's racing class, group2/5 or whatever it was. A shame, would be nice to have another car in that class.

Last edited:
I understand, maybe u can ballast it a bit.
I preferred to match real life performance and laptimes than similar cars in AC. But, as i said those cars in AC are way too slow if u check their times in real historic racing. Yes, it's a bit of a shame

The AC versions may be aimed more at in-period pace than modern historic pace? That'll be a good few seconds/lap in some cases. (Andy and I have been down this road before.)

I understand, maybe u can ballast it a bit.
I preferred to match real life performance and laptimes than similar cars in AC. But, as i said those cars in AC are way too slow if u check their times in real historic racing. Yes, it's a bit of a shame
In modern historic racing yes, they can be many seconds faster. In terms of historic lap times it seemed sort of all over the place. I compiled a whole bunch of real life and AC lap times and the GTA was faster in AC at old Monza at least than in real life. It was faster at a few other tracks as well but not such good comparisons, such as Vallelunga where the layout is modern in AC compared to RL where it didnt have the curbs and run off and probably had a worse surface.

Those classic cars today usually does faster or way faster laptimes than in their origin time. So it makes sense, though there are some cars which seem to pretty much match period laptimes, like for example 250GTO or Etypes. Not very sure about Etypes, they may also be getting faster. Meanwhile 250GTO doesn't seem to be raced much anymore.

Yes, i build it based on modern historic data. They have repro period tyres ( but better performing for sure) , but well, different asphalt surface, curbs, and so on

I guess I haven't posted really anything but stuff against stolen content or rips, so... here's a thing?

custom_showroom_1563315091.png

EDIT:
Update for the end of the day, dunno if I'll do much more on this
custom_showroom_1563321181.png

Last edited:
stick.jpg

Windows stickers are fun, but i have this problem ( that i menaged somehow to work out in old mod )
when the two sides are one upon the other, back sticker go over the front one, and only in one direction too! Maybe is something stupid

View attachment 315501
Windows stickers are fun, but i have this problem ( that i menaged somehow to work out in old mod )
when the two sides are one upon the other, back sticker go over the front one, and only in one direction too! Maybe is something stupid
that is transparency settings inside the SDK, its mesh settings,
you can alter it again not sure if inside CM though.

Yeah thought so, the main settings which are in the SDK seem not to be here,
2991e693b8474dc485a8120a6ae1ef7e.png

Could be one of 3 things more likely transparency settings or maybe try a different shader,
if you access to the SDK,
try these,
Mainly in this order,
1/ isTransparent / True,
2/ enoZwrite,
3/ Priority,

or try and make sure its either KPPR Reflection or KPPAT the shaders.
upload_2019-7-17_14-33-49.png

Last edited:
no luck for now, really puzzles me. I did on previous mod, and only with 3dsimEd too.
3DSimed looses loads of settings on cars,
like for example extract a car whats ingame a perfect car,
take the textures, fbx, and persistence file for the sdk,
load the car again and it knacks up all the transparency settings its a nightmare to use, best to stay clear of it,
there is way better tools for the mods online. :)

no luck for now, really puzzles me. I did on previous mod, and only with 3dsimEd too.
What your best off doing is,
extract the car with 3dsimed yes and the texture folder,
"textures" "fbx" "persistence"
and use the steam SDK from kunos and fix the issues manually in there,
or you can open the persistence and manually fix it, but with the files and the SDK kinda pointless :)

Visually live inside the SDK youll see the fixes on the fly.

Take this stuff and use the official editor then look what I posted earlier above.
upload_2019-7-17_17-15-15.png

or try these settings,
e7b62dc6681324e7bd4560d73d501c7e.png

Last edited:
actually i use SDk editor to export correct kn5 files, but i still use 3dsimed to build the car, and yes, is a nasty software. I wanna get rid of it

actually i use SDk editor to export correct kn5 files, but i still use 3dsimed to build the car, and yes, is a nasty software. I wanna get rid of it
Its fine for building the cars if you have the parts,
but to make the parts you either need 3ds max or blender, 4d or something similar,
at this stage you are having to export either .3ds, .obj, .fbx, or in my case with 3dsimed I love to use callada.dae thats the best I feel for simed,

so in reality its just the lack of experience using these other 3d functions in the software,
3dsimed is very slow positioning the parts, be much faster and beneficial to learn the movements in 3d inside the software,

but try these settings and see where you are with them. :)

or post the files to me in a PM and ill fix the glass and send back the files its np take 2 mins.

thanks boy!! No no, i use blender to do all the modeling, then export parts on kseditor, then using 3dsimed only to make materials and add things, but parts are all positioned good in blender. Now i'm on skins, later i'll try!

thanks boy!! No no, i use blender to do all the modeling, then export parts on kseditor, then using 3dsimed only to make materials and add things, but parts are all positioned good in blender. Now i'm on skins, later i'll try!
If you are using blender there should be absolutely zero need to use 3dsimed in any way. Path should be Blender->fbx->kseditor->setup materials/save persistence->save kn5->done.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 7.0%