The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Guys. Please understand. I m new here. I did not know was a standard pratice to post wireframes here. Did not want to hide nothing but instead post my progress with cool shots! Now i know it and i ll post for sure

Have been working today on properly looking W125 rimblur and also tweaking tire textures. I do have a tiny bit experience and skill, but I have just spent over two hours on that lol

It was really difficult to get proper rimblur for spokes lol But at the end the feeling is very nice when it seems well done. It may not look like much though.

4Qic6SG.jpg

Also big thanks for Gary, he did flawless animations for a car. That makes a big difference for watching the car in replays, and will count big time for guys in VR and when racing other cars (as you will have an opportunity to see the kniematics going on.

Yeah they're building these cars by hand and from all the pictures and stuff I received from them it seems like no car is the same. Even the two in your pictures have a lot of differences.
Check out their instagram, they one I try to base most of the model on is the one with the red/white livery, alhtough even that is not a 100% match with my model.

Regarding the wheels I was told they use 15 inch rims so that is the size they are. I agree the spokes could be more outward but I'm leaving that as is right now. Tyres are still placeholder so they may be a bit off but I did try to make them with the correct width and aspect ratio.

Anyway, like I said still plenty of work left so I'll defintely come back to the wheels to sort them out properly ;)
And I'm working together with Effeffe and send them regular updates so if something really is off they tell me, and they will be approving the mod before I'm releasing it. :thumbsup:
To me it just looks like the rims are small - 15 inches is the bead diameter. The actual outer diameter of the rim is often significantly larger than that on modern rims (1-2 inches), though I'm not sure about wire wheel geometry.

Have been working today on properly looking W125 rimblur and also tweaking tire textures. I do have a tiny bit experience and skill, but I have just spent over two hours on that lol

It was really difficult to get proper rimblur for spokes lol But at the end the feeling is very nice when it seems well done. It may not look like much though.

4Qic6SG.jpg

Also big thanks for Gary, he did flawless animations for a car. That makes a big difference for watching the car in replays, and will count big time for guys in VR and when racing other cars (as you will have an opportunity to see the kniematics going on.
Glad to see that this thing gets attention again - and with the Auto-Union C Type there might even be a car to race against.
Thank You very much to all who are involved! This is going to be fun! (even with a lot of fatal accidents, witch can not be avoided with these type of cars)

And the fusina seat. Really happy of it, did some random low poly seatLIKE shapes, and subsurf did a really good job.

Now i'm back home and start workin on console ( will be hard, all those needles )

fusina.jpg

They didn't race. They were only tryin' not to kill themselves every race.

BTW. some wobbly wireframe of the bodyView attachment 315062 View attachment 315063 View attachment 315064

20k faces.
37k tris.
Some parts are really too much grid filled.
:thumbsup: Very cool to see. For a first attempt and with such speed, thats awesome. I'll take that over a Forza one any day.

Few areas that could use some improvements but as I say, first model, solid effort. It'll just get better from here :)

Thanks mate, really. In reality i did some stupid 3d modeling when was teenager, and some low poly one when worked in ADV agency. Let me say, Turn10 one is really good, at least the body. I used some tutorials on tube to do the body, but i can do really better now, so maybe one day i'll try to do a better work with it.
But about speed, dunno, i went crazy with banned mod guys, i start working without pause on it lol, so yes, few days, but many many hours!

Yeah as you gain experience, and of the the work you did previously starts looking bad and you want to start again, especially with the speed you've been moving at :roflmao:

But genuinely happy to see this. Not often someone has the determination to push on and start from scratch after receiving a mouthful from people like me over a rip.

I'd recommend having a look at some pro models for inspiration - not to necessarily match their quality straight away, but just good to get some ideas how they go about their mesh so you dont end up making the same mistakes over and over.
Obviously you have the Forza mini which is a great help, but also take a look at some Kunos cars, try some of the other vintage cars with similar styles of surfaces, I find that the best way to learn :)

Let's end with rims.
I suppose i exaggerated with subsurf here. But i can't get decent results with lower geoView attachment 315096
that's a messy rim to model !
nice one you did here
yeah polygons could be improved i'm sure but hey. (also if you still have the pattern/symmetry, it's easier then to optimize :))
what's your polygon count for the whole car so far ?
On the kunos specs they recommend 125k for the car exterior and 125k for the car interior. That gives a you a decent idea.
Stereo does magic with half of that XD
and i need 300.000 for a tiny caterham :D

Car now is 190k like. console and some detail missing. so we can sit on 200. Not bad.
I have to fight nasty light leaks on interior. even in seams are pixel perfect, light still enter, i hate this. in previous mod, i doubled body and inverted it, did the trick, but so costly in poly count.

@Stereo

Yes i know that function, very handy, but model imported shows you triangles, and i wanted to show before, with quads and all

Uhh ACC still not so high poly!
Superb work.
I don't think they used subsurf on body btw, maybe i didn't the right thing
Depends how you use it. Different modellers use difference styles, but I think most of us do use it in the early stages to create the initial general shape, but then collapse and optimise/add details a bit later.

Here is an example of one of mine, in the early stage - this is the pre-subsurf model:
unknown.png

This is it a bit later, after subsurf applied and optimised/detailed manually added:
unknown.png

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies