The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Looking very Good!
Makes me curious - now that You proofed to be a serious, quick learning modder -what might be the next project (if there will be any)
Italian, or British?
Anything made before 1975 would be appreciated
Thank You

In reality mate, i don't want to be a modder, even if it's really cool to do ( but wow, so much time consuming ) My dream ( as a cooper owner ) was only to fill the gap, and put that little racing beast in a real simulator. Mini was only in crap sims like forza or GT sport, and not in the FIA approved 60s racing version. I did, modifying a ripped ( know later ) mod. But was so cool to drive that i want to share it with the world. So here i am redoing it from scratch.

Now who knows.. maybe i will do another ( and if, vintage for sure) , it's fun!

Haha, Yes it is! (fun!) Spent some 30 Years in restoration Business and was lucky to get the chance of driving some real expensive icons in real life - including also some very quick (but of course, much less expensive) minis. Thats why I enjoyed even that rip based thing very much.(Minis are fun!- got a standard 1000cc 78 van myself) For me, the mod feels right and I am looking forward to the scratch made version.
Again, Thank You

Only center console is missing, but i've imported in the game to check materials and maps. Almost ready!
View attachment 314875

You are an absolute prodigy, you must have learned great amount of skills while just using others people models. It makes me wonder why were you using ripped models at all if you can achieve such great results so quickly.

Looking forwards for more cars from you. Top level right from the first project. And I am sure you are not even just splitting ripped content into assets and pretending like if you are modelling them.

latest

42882833530_17e9411a98_b.jpg

__custom_showroom_1562622785-jpg.314156

Last edited:
Made some nice progress on the Berlinetta, so here are some pictures:
YWzWDka.png

SJ2VxdE.png

wXX0EAc.png

FOOQnIC.png

Don't worry about that triangle count, I've got some CAD stuff in the scene which I received from the makers to help getting dimensions right :thumbsup:
Car model + high res interior currently is around 140k triangles

Still tons of work left to do but I'm happy with how it's coming along

Just two words.
Ok, wasn't language barrier at all. Some people think i'm doing nasty stuff even now. Wasting 8 hours a day and read those things drive me little mad.
I repeat, i'm not in search of glory, i'm not doing for money of course. So what's the point of cheating?
Yes, i'm a fast learner, when speaking about creative software. I'm 36 years old, and worked about 13 years as a graphic designer, web designer in a big agency. No kid here. No searching glory, no wanna demostrate nothing. I did wrong posting ripped content with no real knowledge about site rules, and working, improving, only to sort out my mistakes about the community. But really, stop accusing me. This part of the community seems really elitist. If u are new, and maybe wrong at first, u are like perma-flagged as scam, and working hard to cancel this judgment is really tough, if u continue insinuating. I can give the model at everyone who ask, of course, nothing to hide here. But i suppose no one is asking models to big modders to check, so.. that's a bit of forum elitism.

Just two words.
If u are new, and maybe wrong at first, u are like perma-flagged as scam, and working hard to cancel this judgment is really tough, if u continue insinuating. I can give the model at everyone who ask, of course, nothing to hide here. But i suppose no one is asking models to big modders to check, so.. that's a bit of forum elitism.
It's not really tough, just finish and release something that's all your own work. Or post it with wireframes every time you update.

SJ2VxdE.png

Still tons of work left to do but I'm happy with how it's coming along

Looks awesome, very interesting car. IDK if it is because it is still a wip, tires looks too much like baloons.

Maybe baloonish looks make it seem like wheels are wider than they should be, also spoke wheels should be larger diameter, also it captures my attention a lot, how the centers are pulled outwards in real car wheels.

effeffe-s-berlinetta-is-a-brand-new-sports-car-with-20-s-italian-flair-classic-italian-sports-cars.jpg

Edit.... just found one who is more true to yours.
automoto-effeeffe-berlinetta-l-italienne-retro-1-6ee2a5-0@1x.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm 36 years old, and worked about 13 years as a graphic designer, web designer in a big agency. No kid here.

Then just start acting like a man then. You shouldn't be phased by that people has doubts, if you can proove it, you will do it right ?

Wow, I got "disagree" instantly as I posted this message. Thats a record :D

Looks awesome, very interesting car. IDK if it is because it is still a wip, tires looks too much like baloons.

Maybe baloonish looks make it seem like wheels are wider than they should be, also spoke wheels should be larger diameter, also it captures my attention a lot, how the centers are pulled outwards in real car wheels.

Yeah they're building these cars by hand and from all the pictures and stuff I received from them it seems like no car is the same. Even the two in your pictures have a lot of differences.
Check out their instagram, they one I try to base most of the model on is the one with the red/white livery, alhtough even that is not a 100% match with my model.

Regarding the wheels I was told they use 15 inch rims so that is the size they are. I agree the spokes could be more outward but I'm leaving that as is right now. Tyres are still placeholder so they may be a bit off but I did try to make them with the correct width and aspect ratio.

Anyway, like I said still plenty of work left so I'll defintely come back to the wheels to sort them out properly ;)
And I'm working together with Effeffe and send them regular updates so if something really is off they tell me, and they will be approving the mod before I'm releasing it. :thumbsup:

After you've posted stolen work twice, it kinda becomes the latter. I don't think that's unreasonable.
First time i did not know was ripped content and credited even author ( lol ) second time i honestly reworked the car thinking stupidly was ok. After all i apologized, readed rules better, spoke with modders and decided to start over again to gain a little little love. Never thought was so hard, like a black boy in alabama.

Never thought was so hard
Dont worry about it, i think its fair people are sceptical, I'm sure you can understand you brought that onto yourself.
Its good to see you are committed to making it right, but its hard for people to see that until you post some good old fashioned wireframes - that will go a very long way to putting doubters to rest.

It takes 2 minutes to grab couple of screenshots of your wireframes in your 3d app and post them in imgur or where ever. There have been some people over the years who more or less posted pure rips as their own work and they followed the exact same path as you. Ignore the request and then post nonsense and then finally try to make a victim our of yourself. In other words do anything but post the wireframes. It takes 2 minutes. A good wireframe is something to be proud of as it shows off your skills in creating good topology and smooth surfaces with good decent number of tris. It is also helpful as it can identify issues which you are not aware of. On the other hand posting wireframe is the last thing you want to do if it is a rip. It takes 2 minutes. Only thing you are doing is delay the inevitable. If it is a rip it will get removed anyway after you have posted it... You can of course choose to play the victim card instead of spending 2 minutes to post couple of pictures of your wireframes. It would take just 2 minutes tho.

First time i did not know was ripped content and credited even author ( lol ) second time i honestly reworked the car thinking stupidly was ok. After all i apologized, readed rules better, spoke with modders and decided to start over again to gain a little little love. Never thought was so hard, like a black boy in alabama.

Please don't take it personally. Just understand that because of the history, whether you meant to post a ripped model or not, there will be questions. Especially if you start a model from scratch and make exceptionally quick progress. (In this case, take the skepticism as a compliment.)

As others have said, all you have to do is post wireframes. That'll answer the questions. That's all we ask of anyone.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%