The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

As it used decrypted Kunos physics as basis it was never going to fly. The support thread of it should still be in the mods section, and it has a very angry Stefano in it...

Ah, ok, pity. I can understand, but would be great if modders were allowed to use that as a basis for making their work better; did great things for some GTR2, Automobilista and rFactor2 mods. Their right though, will say no more. Thanks is for the explanation.

As it used decrypted Kunos physics as basis it was never going to fly. The support thread of it should still be in the mods section, and it has a very angry Stefano in it...
Yeah i certainly raised a brow, kunos flipping their stance of firstly decrypting physics and then editing that. For the most part i understand because its due to licensing, last thing you want to do is kill off relations with a well known brand, who knows what could happen, Mercedes could come back to le mans in 2019 and dominate for 10 years but if there are bad relations kunos cant back them. I respect burrito and he likely did make decent physics but Stefano did have to make a stand as it could have caused issues to say the least.

Yeah, I think it would have just left the floodgates open for people thinking "well if he did that, im going to do it too" if the Kunos devs didnt definitively nip it in the bud

showro11.jpg

Big step for me - my first successful attempt at an AO Bake! Just the interior shell right now, and will obviously need redoing in the future, but its progress! Think it looks awesome too :D

Not the highest quality, but does the job for now. Flat textures be gone!

Couple of quick comparisons :)

NdJfdf1h.jpg

zOQI93Lh.jpg

WPGuPfFh.jpg

udAK4uWh.jpg

I think the good ol' preview shows it quite well:

ytY6bihh.jpg

l1R7Uq2h.jpg

Last edited:
Some front nosecone/wing AO action while I'm at it. Getting the hang of this, much work left though.

UnRRRthh.jpg

Don't recognise the above track, the bottom pic does seem familiar though...? I reckon its probably not in the UK, otherwise I'd know it.

_____

Couple more. Much easier to see all the details with the AO - straight from 3ds max.

9kQhX2oh.jpg

q3OyYxbh.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Those pics give a tantilising glimpse of how the car might look with a non-naked carbon-fibre paint job. I'm really looking forward to seeing your car with a full race livery, or even an all-over paint job :thumbsup:

Yup ! :) And it is almost brandshatcher than Brands Hatch. Maybe even as bathursting as Bathurst. Well maybe it is far from Bathurst, probably ~7000km further than to Brands Hatch :D

Edit: 14 000 km further :D

Last edited:
Hahaha, yeah, its a bit far from where I am...:p I remembered seeing it when I was looking up different touring car series just for fun, Baltic Touring Car series was one that came up, it looks quite scary to drive with several high speed corners and close walls...I like seeing circuits from different parts of the world that don't appear in "mainstream" motorsport, which is basically just F1 and V8 Supercars here in Aus, look forward to driving on it! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.