The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I think its about time we had a continuation of the legendary thread that is no longer, from the now defunct AC Forums (See here, a lot of good stuff in it - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-what-are-you-working-on-thread.26422/)

The basic principle is show off new things, updates or anything 'you are working on', no matter how small or how large. It was very successful in the AC forums, and we don't really have one over here since the WIP thread was closed.

Content you feel doesn't quite need a dedicated thread yet, or perhaps you require just a some advice, here is the place for it.

Can't wait to see what everyone is working on :)

And of course, I should show what I've been working on:

ceWqPuyh.jpg

uNp7wnEh.jpg

AZN03Feh.jpg

Not really sure where I'm going with this, but I really wanted to make a quick model with the new 'Halo' Head protection thing that is likely to be introduced (see here), and see what its like to drive with this (wish I had VR.. if anyone does and wants a go, let me know :)).

Anyway, got a bit carried away and began just modelling blindly with no real vision of what I wanted to do. If anyone wants to give any input on where this could go, give me a shout!

I have started it this morning, and couldn't stop till past midnight. I was inspired by a track which @Fat-Alfie is working on. Also by the characteristics of this car. It also is beautiful to me. I wonder how this car will handle comparing to 250F.

6x8Gi9N.jpg
What car is that? As far as I know the motoring museum in my hometown owns and displays that one Auto Union Type-C that was captured by the Sowjets, and promptly wrecked when run on Sowjets fuel... I've thought about asking a friend who works there if they'd allow an idiot like me with a ruler near the car :D

@AccAkut That would be smooth operation ! That is Mercedes-Benz W125 from 1937, it raced agains AutoUnion TypeC which had V16 mid engine. I'm not sure, but there were a little glimpse to AutoUnion Type C in Porsche announcement and it is strongly related to Ferdinand Porsche. Anyway if it turns that Kunos aren't going to present AutoUnion then you might be contacted in a matter of Type C :D

W125 with 5.6L Straight 8 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W125) had up to 640bhp and 857Nm and weight was only 750 kg. Rather amazing. Combining this fantastic car with extraordinary ability of Caracciola to see in blinding conditions and his smooth driving they won the season.

P.S. Soviets wasn't clever. They have stolen tons of cars and gear from factories which was needed to create them. While Amercans took drawings, design data, blueprints and most important scientists.

Sorry for a little off-topic. Here is Type C/D in Russia. Much love, such care.

DsE9CZR.jpg

@AccAkut That would be smooth operation ! That is Mercedes-Benz W125 from 1937, it raced agains AutoUnion TypeC which had V16 mid engine. I'm not sure, but there were a little glimpse to AutoUnion Type C in Porsche announcement and it is strongly related to Ferdinand Porsche. Anyway if it turns that Kunos aren't going to present AutoUnion then you might be contacted in a matter of Type C :D

W125 with 5.6L Straight 8 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W125) had up to 640bhp and 857Nm and weight was only 750 kg. Rather amazing. Combining this fantastic car with extraordinary ability of Caracciola to see in blinding conditions and his smooth driving they won the season.

P.S. Soviets wasn't clever. They have stolen tons of cars and gear from factories which was needed to create them. While Amercans took drawings, design data, blueprints and most important scientists.

Sorry for a little off-topic. Here is Type C/D in Russia. Much love, such care.

DsE9CZR.jpg

that must be the same car. Here is an article about in (ofc in German, but a bit of foundation for my claims :D)
https://ps-speicher.de/awtowelo-typ-650.php

That museum has mostly motorbikes, but a small racing exhibition too (which was initially meant to e temporary, but will now most likely stay forever)

That's my track! :) The Deutschlandring, never completed with construction halted by WW2. 10km long with an elevation differential of around 200m and a total of 582m gained or lost throughout one lap. It was based on the Hohnstein hill climb track (which was around 3km long I think) with the main straight and northern curve added to complete the loop and make it exactly 10,000m long.

I love circuits that are designed to fit within the natural environment, so when I started to read about the Deutschlandring, the valley that it drops down into, and the hairpins as you climb back up the other side, I knew I had to try and make it. I've been working on it since early July and it's going quite well. I have completed a few objects but most are just placeholders still, until I get the layout and physics completed. The physics mesh is very close to completion (thanks to the guys who have tested and given feedback) - nice and bumpy, with a few bumps big enough to unsettle the car, and a nice grainy feel from the tarmac too. The 10km physics mesh is split into 40 sections, each one then split into around 200,000 tris, noise applied and then optimised back to around 25,000 tris. This gives me around 1 million tris for the road mesh which has no real effect on FPS.

D-Ring_02.jpg

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_deutschlandring_11-9-116-17-5-9.jpg

deutschlandring.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_deutschlandring_15-9-116-15-45-50.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_deutschlandring_15-9-116-15-44-42.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_deutschlandring_15-9-116-15-49-22.jpg

As no pits, grandstands, hospitality buildings etc were designed or built, I have decided to use Reims Gueux as inspiration. I am no architect and the pit area planned at the Deutschlandring is almost identical to that built at Reims, photos are plentiful and I see no point in reinventing the wheel (or the pits!)

1966reims1.jpg

mercedes-w-196-r-ongenaakbaar-in-reims.jpg

Screenshot_ks_maserati_250f_12cyl_deutschlandring_15-9-116-16-29-26.jpg

Screenshot_ks_maserati_250f_12cyl_deutschlandring_15-9-116-16-29-57.jpg

I have a functioning beta version in my Dropbox if anyone is particularly interested in trying it out. AI races work for up to 16, as well as Practice Mode and Hotlap Mode. PM me if you'd like to try it out in it's current (ugly) state :D

Last edited:
That's my track! :) The Deutschlandring, never completed with construction halted by WW2. 10km long with an elevation differential of around 200m and a total of 582m gained or lost throughout one lap. It was based on the Hohnstein hill climb track (which was around 3km long I think) with the main straight and northern curve added to complete the loop and make it exactly 10,000m long.

I love circuits that are designed to fit within the natural environment, so when I started to read about the Deutschlandring, the valley that it drops down into, and the hairpins as you climb back up the other side, I knew I had to try and make it. I've been working on it since early July and it's going quite well. I have completed a few objects but most are just placeholders still, until I get the layout and physics completed. The physics mesh is very close to completion (thanks to the guys who have tested and given feedback) - nice and bumpy, with a few bumps big enough to unsettle the car, and a nice grainy feel from the tarmac too. The 10km physics mesh is split into 40 sections, each one then split into around 200,000 tris, noise applied and then optimised back to around 25,000 tris. This gives me around 1 million tris for the road mesh which has no real effect on FPS.

D-Ring_02.jpg

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_deutschlandring_11-9-116-17-5-9.jpg

eifelrennen.gif

deutschlandring.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_deutschlandring_15-9-116-15-45-50.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_deutschlandring_15-9-116-15-44-42.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_deutschlandring_15-9-116-15-49-22.jpg

As no pits, grandstands, hospitality buildings etc were designed or built, I have decided to use Reims Gueux as inspiration. I am no architect and the pit area planned at the Deutschlandring is almost identical to that built at Reims, photos are plentiful and I see no point in reinventing the wheel (or the pits!)

1966reims1.jpg

mercedes-w-196-r-ongenaakbaar-in-reims.jpg

I have a functioning beta version in my Dropbox if anyone is particularly interested in trying it out. AI races work for up to 16, as well as Practice Mode and Hotlap Mode. PM me if you'd like to try it out in it's current (ugly) state :D
i would like to try if i can?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing