The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I think i found it. Alexis Mk14
Yeah it's that one. (well, 90%... I picked more era-appropriate steering wheel & gauges)

nSw7gej.jpg

Got bored of modeling and did the valve cover texture. If I make it visible ingame I'll remap the brandname to a separate texture so it's not lowres (just on the generic bake atm)

It is really difficult with pines.

One method which seems like something:

I haven't expected to find tutorials on white edges, but it seems to be a big thing, and there are a few.

Here is one:

I do it like this now:

1. Increase image size a lot, like up to 4k, because 1pixels turns out to be a lot for pines.
2. Do not use too much of color range when selecting by color.
3. Matching color backround.
4. Contract by one pixel.

It is quite hard to not to leave too much white spots, and not to eat out too much of pine spikes/branches. 2D indeed takes a lot of skill and creativity, and work flow is kinda weird.

This is even better

I remember someone guessed that it is Formula Ford, back in the day of official forums :)

Lola T-440 ? Interesting, but what is even more interesting, that you are thinking to do a car. Good luck :)

By the way something has crashed on my ksEditor since i changed default ppfilt and weather. Now persistance simply doesn't save... :/
Almost as interesting as you building a track ;)

1959 Porsche 356A 1600GS Carrera GT Coupe

Hello everyone. Happy New Year.
Now I'm working on this tiny jewel. Here are images roughly operated by the AC sim engine. Only the exterior which is not textured yet is completed. It is not yet decided when it can be released. I think that it will be better when modeling of the interior is completed since physics and engine sound are almost the same as 550 spyders.

Screenshot_porsche_356a_1600gs_carrera_gt_coupe_hockekk_f3ct_26-12-116-4-6-55.jpg
Screenshot_porsche_356a_1600gs_carrera_gt_coupe_hockekk_f3ct_26-12-116-4-7-49.jpg
Showroom_porsche_356a_1600gs_carrera_gt_coupe_26-11-2016-4-4-24.jpg

1959 Porsche 356A 1600GS Carrera GT Coupe

Hello everyone. Happy New Year.
Now I'm working on this tiny jewel. Here are images roughly operated by the AC sim engine. Only the exterior which is not textured yet is completed. It is not yet decided when it can be released. I think that it will be better when modeling of the interior is completed since physics and engine sound are almost the same as 550 spyders.

View attachment 165597 View attachment 165598 View attachment 165599
Oh yes, one of the missing Porsches!
It looks like the body could use a bit of TLC (adding polies, smoothing out exsisting rows, etc). The wheel base looks off, too. But oh yes, cannot wait :D

Oh yes, one of the missing Porsches!
It looks like the body could use a bit of TLC (adding polies, smoothing out exsisting rows, etc). The wheel base looks off, too. But oh yes, cannot wait :D

Yeah, boiling, burning or roasting:) I'll make fine adjustments and make it firmly when it's released. The finished version aims at 230,000 polygons including cockpit. It is going well so far.

although doesnt seem alot i just redid the hood and the front mask and kidneys
(this car is a struggle to get right ..what seems squared is round and what seems round is squared :mad:)

But anyway Happy New Year everyone !

Going for the fenders now ....almost there!!
(dont be fooled by the perspective)
Asn9kUX.png

2V4JqlR.png

11950.jpg

Last edited:
It looked good all the times before, hopefully with this one you'll keep it on. This model looks super honest for me. With cars it doesn't really get easier the further you progress.

How do you get your lamps look so well turned on ? is this some trick with AO ?

I'm moding the first day of 2k17 too. Those uphill curves are really hard task to get right, not only to get whole three dimensional curve right, but also avoid all little curves inside the curves :D All little spiky edges, or hardly visible waves in the mesh of the road are very very noticeable while driving. However, i don't aim for perfect F1 track smoothness, this whole section of the track was not repaved since 1968.

These are tough sections:

7rQ4b7F.png

UOJqLcP.png

Looking good! :)

I see you have AC_START and AC_PIT objects in place - you know that will be dangerous? ;) As soon as you are able to drive on your track, you will spend more time driving than modelling :roflmao:

Hi.
This is a long way off, however... Volvo S40 TWR SuperTourer is in progress here. Many thanks to Patrik Marek and Ben Lee for continued feedback and assistance with the modelling!

Bit more info on reference92.weebly.com/blog for those who are interested. In essence, though, the Volvo is an very very early stage getting general shapes in.

Happy New Year. :thumbsup:

Progress to date.
Capture11.JPG

The Real Thing.
volvo-s40-rally-02.jpg

Hi.
This is a long way off, however... Volvo S40 TWR SuperTourer is in progress here. Many thanks to Patrik Marek and Ben Lee for continued feedback and assistance with the modelling!

Yeah, nice choice :) I don't know where you're situated, but I might be able to get photos of the '97 car. I think they have one here at the Volvo Museum in Gothenburg.

Yeah, nice choice :) I don't know where you're situated, but I might be able to get photos of the '97 car. I think they have one here at the Volvo Museum in Gothenburg.

Hi. Just outside Oxford, UK, so the Volvo Museum is quite far from here! Thank you for the offer. Ben Lee has provided over 200 photographs and a photoscan already and this is a good basis for me to work on for now. Later down the line if I need specific photos which aren't in the existing collection I will be sure to message you, Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back