The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

@Stereo I need a dark midnight purple with metal flake in my life: How?
Unfortunately same as how chrome needs the mod set up for it, it needs new material settings punched in. And also some extra files. So, whenever the Monaco's released. Strictly speaking all that I plan to do before releasing it is add some knickknacks (rear view mirror, corner lights, headrest) and texture the whole interior so that might be soon. I'll try to also include some notes on how the new shader works so it can be applied to other stuff easily. Cause it's a bit more than just adding a specular color texture.

9qb5pPu.jpg

2srkdWl.jpg

Still subject to more tweaks, and when the mod's out it'll probably have a black/black interior. I went outside and meditated (read: stared at a metallic blue BRZ) to figure out what changes the shader needs so this has some subtleness to it the previous screenshots didn't..

Last edited:
Unfortunately same as how chrome needs the mod set up for it, it needs new material settings punched in. And also some extra files. So, whenever the Monaco's released. Strictly speaking all that I plan to do before releasing it is add some knickknacks (rear view mirror, corner lights, headrest) and texture the whole interior so that might be soon. I'll try to also include some notes on how the new shader works so it can be applied to other stuff easily. Cause it's a bit more than just adding a specular color texture.

9qb5pPu.jpg

2srkdWl.jpg

Still subject to more tweaks, and when the mod's out it'll probably have a black/black interior. I went outside and meditated (read: stared at a metallic blue BRZ) to figure out what changes the shader needs so this has some subtleness to it the previous screenshots didn't..
Amazing work, that metallic paint looks right on, looking forward to try it on some of my own cars. And of course, top job on that Monaco, love it so far.

Unfortunately same as how chrome needs the mod set up for it, it needs new material settings punched in.

With your default settings for this shader to achieve the sexy flake, are you also able to achieve a chrome finish? I've been tweaking a bit with a private mod and have the ability to have a nice chrome or a satin metal finish to the liveries, but I can't have the nice flake (because, obviously, the default shaders don't have a proper flake with clear coat). I'd love to be able to get all three (along with standard straight gloss and satin finishes) all in one shader at the same time. Because I'm a pain in the ass like that :p Any luck there?

I went outside and meditated (read: stared at a metallic blue BRZ) to figure out what changes the shader needs so this has some subtleness to it the previous screenshots didn't..

Your car? :) I have the same; 2017 Sport-Tech. I absolutely adore it.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 133 85.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 48 31.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 55 35.5%