The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

That was an early WIP version of the mod. I have now finished the Road version and am now working on an Oval version.
1.png
5.png
up1.png

Ugh... When you said "which version do you prefer?" I thought you were saying that each skin was unique in some way. I may have made myself cross-eyed I was staring at those skins so closely. :confused: :laugh: :roflmao: :redface: I like #2 as well. Love some reflection from the floor.

When you guys download new cars or skins, do you keep the preview file that comes with the car? I have a CM Showroom Preset that I like (forgot who made it) and I prefer to have ALL my cars having the same look. Slightly OCD, I know. When I install multiple cars or skins I often forget to go into Content > Cars and make the appropriate changes.

same here :D all skins have the same preview

Ugh... When you said "which version do you prefer?" I thought you were saying that each skin was unique in some way. I may have made myself cross-eyed I was staring at those skins so closely. :confused: :laugh: :roflmao: :redface: I like #2 as well. Love some reflection from the floor.

When you guys download new cars or skins, do you keep the preview file that comes with the car? I have a CM Showroom Preset that I like (forgot who made it) and I prefer to have ALL my cars having the same look. Slightly OCD, I know. When I install multiple cars or skins I often forget to go into Content > Cars and make the appropriate changes.

same here :D all skins have the same preview

I'm a bit OCDC (I'll go either way.. :geek:) I'd really like them all to be the same. Unfortunately, laziness takes over some of the time.
On occasion, I've opened and resaved the minor textures, just so I can see them all preview in PS... :roflmao:

I had to remove the night mod's pieces from my installation. Just too dark for me. Even on tracks I know inside and out, I was missing turn in points/breaking points severely. Much happier to be driving in the light of day. :)

Man I miss that team and I miss that car. I really dont like this generation of BMW land yacht GT cars
I'm with you 100%.

It's funny. I didn't really care for the Z4 street car when it first came out. But, the very first time I saw the GT3 model I fell in love. The street Z4 isn't my favorite car, but I appreciate it a lot more now.

I had to remove the night mod's pieces from my installation. Just too dark for me. Even on tracks I know inside and out, I was missing turn in points/breaking points severely. Much happier to be driving in the light of day. :)
There are many options for low light ranging from very dark to quite light, you could try a different pp filter or different mod or try adjusting brightness with page down/up. Obviously you need to have the shader lights patch also to have headlights lighting the way.

We have been racing online using just the vanilla heavy clouds at 6pm and car lights are useful even with these default settings. My main issue with the patch was when following another car it almost looks as if my lights are off, the light cast onto the ground by the car in front is quite prominent but not very visible at all from my own car.

Hadnt had a lot of time today and tomorrow I wont gonna have a lot of time aswell :( But in the time I had today I made the tires (in the screenshot before theyve only been placeholders from ryan_lee´s awesome 2015 skins, you can download the skin here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/marc-vds-racing.11168/) and Ive made the different colors for #66 and #77. Not a whole lot but hadnt had and wont gonna have some more time today :/

__custom_showroom_1530714129.jpg

Not working on anything anymore... fed up of people **beep** **beep** moaning...
Was given a 1 * review because someone couldn't open my files in PS... why would I care about that... so long as it works in game who cares... don't make stuff for other people to edit it later - it's not like I encrypt them otherwise they wouldn't load in AC.

Here's the review and my somewhat irritated response (I felt like I was holding back quite a bit lol)....

racerm
Version: 1.01 Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. When I put your skin in photoshop it is all black. all the other textures show up but not the skins. What am i doing wrong thanks.
Today at 04:03

Author's Response: So you're giving me 1 star because you can't edit the file in PS?? What you're doing wrong is not loading it in-game in that case! It works perfectly in game so should be reviewed on that basis. I use Intel Texture Works plugin to save my files... nobody seems to be able to edit them but they all work fine in game, which is all that matters. I've pretty much stopped making skins anyway as I (and many other people) spend hours making them and there's always someone complaining so what's the point?! I'll just keep them to myself from now on.

Good luck and many thanks to all those who have made cool stuff and continue to make stuff, but I'm done with it!

P.S. Sorry, rant over with! ;)

Not working on anything anymore... fed up of people **beep** **beep** moaning...
Was given a 1 * review because someone couldn't open my files in PS... why would I care about that... so long as it works in game who cares... don't make stuff for other people to edit it later - it's not like I encrypt them otherwise they wouldn't load in AC.

Here's the review and my somewhat irritated response (I felt like I was holding back quite a bit lol)....

Good luck and many thanks to all those who have made cool stuff and continue to make stuff, but I'm done with it!

Ah, just ignore people like that, or pity them. The last thing to do is get sucked into their vortex of numbskullery.
:)

Ah, just ignore people like that, or pity them. The last thing to do is get sucked into their vortex of numbskullery.
:)
Yeah I generally do ignore them, but this one irritated me more than usual for some reason. Not saying I'm completely done with skinning, but unless something interests me I won't be making any. Often reviews are a measure of quality but it's sometimes getting a bit Amazon-esque on here.

I'll still be around anyway, just not had much time for sim racing lately

You see that with every user review system everywhere, lots of people just seem to think these are "Vent whatever frustrations you have here:" fields. A personal favorite was a 1-star Amazon review on an english book because no translation was available in the reviewers language.

I hope my nitpicking in here didn´t contribute to that. I really like your choice of cars and the quality as well.
Thank you for the work you shared with us here, it is apprectiated!

Currently not doing anything for AC as well, but that´s partly because I have no wheel at my current place, so motivation isn´t at the peak.

You see that with every user review system everywhere, lots of people just seem to think these are "Vent whatever frustrations you have here:" fields. A personal favorite was a 1-star Amazon review on an english book because no translation was available in the reviewers language.
it should also always be seen in relation to the actual downloads. Seems like less than 10% ever review, and even less do on skins (I know I do it very rarely).

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 41 8.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.1%