The Big Assetto Corsa Competizione Interview (Part 1)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment quiz Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni about the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione.

We asked the community to submit a few questions to the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, and frankly the response we received was incredible. Some 245 posts later and we've picked out a few key questions to throw at the guys, with some interesting responses...

So if you are keen to hear more about this exciting new title, catch the first part of our interview at the head of this article, and don't forget to subscribe!

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Interview 1.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Excited for the future of ACC? Learn anything interesting from the interview? Let us know in the comments section below!

:)I'm interesested in what RD is going to do with this race series hopefully involving
all driving abilities. :):)
Hope this has not previously been asked, could not be bothered to troll it all.:sleep:

Where are the sim wars when we need them?

Yes, agreed. Let's see, Rf2 loading times make it unplayable, and physics are not better than AC. Umm... PCars2 was a non-starter. Automobilista... sorry can't say anything bad about it, feels too good and not as fussy as Rf2. Um, Gran Turismo is the best of all time?

Who disagrees??

That shirt is considered clickbait?

I haven’t seen it yet but...ACC is simcade, rFactor the greatest graphics ever, pCars is not arcade, we need VR in AMS and...mmmmmm...c’mon we are almost at 200 comments!

Stefano at 23:54 "...because Early Access is coming ..."
Can't wait for this :geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:
Please, hurry UP :barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot:
(no pressure, take your time :coffee:)

My guess is that Early Access might launch at same time with 24 Hours of Spa.

https://twitter.com/BlancpainGT/status/968870998362722304

Unless it's some random Summer 2018 date. But Spa would make most sense if it's not.

22-24 June 2018 will have some playable build in Misano, but doubt EA launches in immediate proximity to that at least.

Just noticed that the only team that used a Jaguar last year just switched to the Lexus...I assume we won't get the Jaguar in ACC :(

Interesting theory... but I don't agree, dont ask me why
Well I hope it's soon as possible. If it's ready to release, won't make sense from my perspective to wait until Spa 24. But for marketing perspective it might make sense (?)

Intrigued to know how much content (like tracks) will EA have in it's beginning. Will it be very limited in content like just few cars/tracks, or closer to full product and more like beta

* Useless speculation intensifies *

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea