The Big Assetto Corsa Competizione Interview (Part 1)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment quiz Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni about the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione.

We asked the community to submit a few questions to the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, and frankly the response we received was incredible. Some 245 posts later and we've picked out a few key questions to throw at the guys, with some interesting responses...

So if you are keen to hear more about this exciting new title, catch the first part of our interview at the head of this article, and don't forget to subscribe!

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Interview 1.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Excited for the future of ACC? Learn anything interesting from the interview? Let us know in the comments section below!

Region Lock China

End of Story :D

But on serious note...I bet that is like majority LOL and WOW and Battlegrounds Playerbase because you dont need beast PC to run it... and Win7 is free now? so you can imagine nobody will switch because of that.

Since Marco mentioned that the full rules of Blancpain will be applied this should mean we get rolling starts with ACC.

@kunos
Is that the case and if so, do we get rolling starts only or will there be standing starts optionally as well?

AFAIK updating to Win10 was the easiest thing to do, ever.
Didn't go over easy either at work or private, to a point that most needed to be rolled back (WX update just refused to finish for some driver related reason) or prevented outright.

Setting up a system with a fresh install is said to fair better than updating an existing Win7 or 8 install. But with licensing and sheer convenience its not something many companys want to do

Since Marco mentioned that the full rules of Blancpain will be applied this should mean we get rolling starts with ACC.

@kunos
Is that the case and if so, do we get rolling starts only or will there be standing starts optionally as well?

I'm excited how they'd handle rolling starts: will there be a AI controlled pacecar (awesome!), Virtual safecar or?
Also in general, just excited to see if we truly get all the features surrounding Blanc Pain and the rules applied. I have no idea of the size of this, what is true to rl or not, but just knowing something is simulating the rl counterpart in the same manner as laserscanned tracks, that's what makes me jump in and "be" a racedriver.
ACC is what could make me watch Blanc Pain, much like AC made me invest too much in new hardware.

several aspects to be touched, I hope that in the second part of the interview they have been questioned, such as visual damage system and the most important mechanic, penalty system with DT, stop n'go and if applicable DQ, if there would be SC and FCY, as will the online ranking system allied to the conduct of the player, and other things already related to Unreal4 example if they managed to maintain the global lighting system just as there is in the original AC say the sun in the AC focuses on everything and generates a shadow, such as a button on the panel or where it is when the light is on it will generate shadow in the components around it or if the lighting in that sense will be more simplified in the style Pcars2 where the light does not affect small internal components

Loved the interview, okay we already knew a few things that have been said, but i'm very pleased with what I heard already.
ACC going to be even more hardcore (maybe this time the simulation value will be over 9000 ?).
Can't wait to Watch the 2nd part !

And yes Paul Ricard test race is next week guys ! Finger crossed they will have a lot of datas and feedback !

PS: come on we need 70 more comments to get part 2 ! stop sleeping already :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Indeed, part 2 !! ! I'm curious if my question was asked regarding a modernized interface for hosting races without launching a server app and having to open ports up on your router, something akin to what Project Cars has and what Live for Speed had eons ago !

I just hope that the physical ones are a step ahead of their predecessor, that they focus on making the simulator more realistic. In the past netkar tried to make the simulator more real, the physics felt very alive, on the other hand AC feels sometimes boring, the tires slip without any sense, they return to catch grip in the same way. The mistakes you make in driving do not hurt you as reality would do, releasing the accelerator in a curve does not cause the rear wheels to slip, when they slide they catch grip quickly, there is also no fear to brake in a curve, it is not possible to overturn as it has been decided like that.

In netkar you had to be focused and not make mistakes, in rFactor 2 the same, I hope that ACC goes through this line, although I would bet no.

In real life, driving errors carry risks, this makes real life fun

I'm also really hoping for hardcore survival mode. race ending gravel pits get my vote, real life consequences within a career so you can't just throw caution to the wind & just getting through a season is an achievement. Obviously this would not be the main game but for those who want that extra challenge & have a career mode that actually feels different.

Didn't go over easy either at work or private, to a point that most needed to be rolled back (WX update just refused to finish for some driver related reason) or prevented outright.

Setting up a system with a fresh install is said to fair better than updating an existing Win7 or 8 install. But with licensing and sheer convenience its not something many companys want to do
Had issues upgrading where it would try and run the integrated graphics, but wouldn't display from it unless i physically took out the GPU...

Fresh install was much nicer, but again on the first automatic update it would suddenly stop displaying anything. Took a while to realising what was happening, eventually realised I could disable the driver and will run fine afterwards.

Apart from that, I quite like W10.

On the topic of Blancpain GT Series rules, it would be interesting to see aspects like tyre set allocation (something that can be programmed just like many games have in the past, most recently AMS), as other things like "limited testing" are virtually impossible to create (and probably in real cars as well...).

Other things could be the fuel hose getting stuck, the lifting jacks seizing/depressurizing and not managing to lift the car up... If you remember last year's Nürburgring 24h - though it's not Blancpain specifically - the race ended up being won (among a thousand other factors up until then) because of some confusion with the refuelling, which prompted an inspired tyre change... :confused:

Curious, as always, to see how many "real life" aspects of the races will be implemented in the game :)

In any case it shouldn't be so hard to make the game a full out sim, and than implement tick boxes for more casual players to adjust the difficult and realism setting downwards. I mean even AC1 had this, and they more than once mentioned that as this is most likely a PC only thing they need to sell copies.

Looking forward to Part 2.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea