The Big Assetto Corsa Competizione Interview (Part 1)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment quiz Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni about the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione.

We asked the community to submit a few questions to the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, and frankly the response we received was incredible. Some 245 posts later and we've picked out a few key questions to throw at the guys, with some interesting responses...

So if you are keen to hear more about this exciting new title, catch the first part of our interview at the head of this article, and don't forget to subscribe!

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Interview 1.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Excited for the future of ACC? Learn anything interesting from the interview? Let us know in the comments section below!

Well I hope it's soon as possible. If it's ready to release, won't make sense from my perspective to wait until Spa 24. But for marketing perspective it might make sense (?)

Intrigued to know how much content (like tracks) will EA have in it's beginning. Will it be very limited in content like just few cars/tracks, or closer to full product and more like beta

* Useless speculation intensifies *

Well, seeing that you persist asking me, i have to say, whithout any doubt, that you may be again completly wrong, but hey is my opinion, i think all this is misinformation... maybe.

https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...on_id=8&filter_series_id=0&filter_team_news=0

This news article promises at least 12 different cars for 2018, guaranteed, as the Pro list secures 11 cars and we know that the Emil Frey Team will use the Jaguar in some rounds (probably in Pro-Am?).

It is also stated that this rule will allow for exceptions on the 24h of Spa, so if other ones either join midseason, the 24h of Spa or for 2019, that can only be good for diversity with the players (and more work for Kunos, uops :) )

So just to sumarize car list:
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Merc AMG GT3
  • Lambo Huracan GT3
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R
  • Bentley Continental GT3
  • AUDI R8 LMS
  • Lexus GT3
  • MCLAREN 650S GT3
  • NISSAN GT-R NISMO GT3
  • ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE V12 GT3
  • LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO G3 (possibly)
  • BMW M6 GT3

The new tire flex sounds like it will be a b**** to mod without official modding support and annotations what the tire parameters do... If there are per-car tire paramters at all, given that the official cars will use the same kind of tire compounds.
sure .. Pirelli P Zero DHD and WH ... only two tyre compounds .. that is good thing ... for devs and for us

So just to sumarize car list:
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Merc AMG GT3
  • Lambo Huracan GT3
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R
  • Bentley Continental GT3
  • AUDI R8 LMS
  • Lexus GT3
  • MCLAREN 650S GT3
  • NISSAN GT-R NISMO GT3
  • ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE V12 GT3
  • LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO G3 (possibly)
  • BMW M6 GT3

Might well be 2 versions of the Bentley, the new one for Team M sport and Team parker racing are also running a Bentley but not sure if its the 2018 spec or an older spec one

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.