Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for ACC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Iko,
Thanks for this incredible tool !
I would like to be my Team Engineer but there is some issue on the opponents data with ACC. We've try a lot of differents relay scenario but nothing seems to work. Any idea to solve this ?

Thanks again for this Soft ! A really nice and appreciated job

Edit : finally found the issue, ACC RELAY MUST be started BEFORE ACC !!
I did a quick picture to explain our setup if usefull for other.
The image you attached is very useful. One question ... But do PCs have to be networked or is it also possible remotely?

Hi Iko,
Thanks for this incredible tool !
I would like to be my Team Engineer but there is some issue on the opponents data with ACC. We've try a lot of differents relay scenario but nothing seems to work. Any idea to solve this ?

Thanks again for this Soft ! A really nice and appreciated job

Edit : finally found the issue, ACC RELAY MUST be started BEFORE ACC !!
I did a quick picture to explain our setup if usefull for other.
Great to hear you got it working.

And great picture, I hope I can point to that, when people are asking for instructions for the multi-pilot setups.

If you do longer sessions or testing, I would love to get access to the debug file for 2+ hour multi-driver session to see and test if there are any memory issues. I have done 2 hours sessions as single driver, but never with driver swaps.

Cheers.

Great to hear you got it working.

And great picture, I hope I can point to that, when people are asking for instructions for the multi-pilot setups.

If you do longer sessions or testing, I would love to get access to the debug file for 2+ hour multi-driver session to see and test if there are any memory issues. I have done 2 hours sessions as single driver, but never with driver swaps.

Cheers.
Yes sure. I'll activate the debug when we'll do endurance sessions. One question : the memory issue should appear on Engineer side right ? if drivers only use the relay to send datas to the engineer, they don't record datas even on their memory ?

Yes sure. I'll activate the debug when we'll do endurance sessions. One question : the memory issue should appear on Engineer side right ? if drivers only use the relay to send datas to the engineer, they don't record datas even on their memory ?
Just enable it on the engineer side. The drivers data is interesting, but it is technically same as single player feed. The engineer receiving data from many drivers is more interesting as especially the driver swap moments are interesting and might be the point, where there could be issues.

Cheers.

Just enable it on the engineer side. The drivers data is interesting, but it is technically same as single player feed. The engineer receiving data from many drivers is more interesting as especially the driver swap moments are interesting and might be the point, where there could be issues.

Cheers.
Iko, another request :p
Is it possible to develop a new HTTP page as you did for the Tablet but with charts / Race Timing / Race Info / Trackmap in it ? the goal here is to have a webpage for my teammates to follow our endurance race. For now we are able to show the Tablet/Phone and Trackmap webpage without any issue but it's still "not enought" infos to follow a race as a spotter/engineer ... We really love your work on this app and we want to improve our use of it but with only 1 guy receiving all the datas is quite short ...

Attachments

• Tablet_API.jpg
    Tablet_API.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Is it possible to develop a new HTTP page as you did for the Tablet but with charts / Race Timing / Race Info / Trackmap in it ? the goal here is to have a webpage for my teammates to follow our endurance race. For now we are able to show the Tablet/Phone and Trackmap webpage without any issue but it's still "not enought" infos to follow a race as a spotter/engineer ... We really love your work on this app and we want to improve our use of it but with only 1 guy receiving all the datas is quite short ...
Hi, you could use the http://localhost:8002/JSON/aidata that gives you a json with more data and parse it into a web.

Hi,

As @pedr0sdt said, there is the aidata feed, which is about the same as the data for the Timing pane + some additional data. If you think you need some other additional data, it would be quite easy to add to the feed. But just keep in mind that some games provide quite limited amount of the data from the other drivers.

Check the http://localhost:8002/user_defined.html for the currently available feeds.

Cheers.

Hi,

As @pedr0sdt said, there is the aidata feed, which is about the same as the data for the Timing pane + some additional data. If you think you need some other additional data, it would be quite easy to add to the feed. But just keep in mind that some games provide quite limited amount of the data from the other drivers.

Check the http://localhost:8002/user_defined.html for the currently available feeds.

Cheers.
Yeah my only issue is how to show these datas on a user friendly webpage ? what do you use to have a real time chart with this feed for example (http://localhost:8002/JSON/controls) ?

Hello!
I have a problem, no opponent data is saved. I try to run this nice tool since two days.
I did a lot of toubleshooting looking the youtube videos. It worked only one time in a race with AI, i could see the TLAs, and the data in file opponents where saved. The next time faild, We drive on dedicated server with friends. I studied a lot, took your tips with "save and exit", restart and so on. I am on Windos 10, Telemetry Tool on second screen. I think there is no connection to the relay or something. I struggle so hard, because once it worked. Tried the tip to start relay first, then the game.
Would be nice if i can get help from you.
Regards, Rene

Hello!
I have a problem, no opponent data is saved. I try to run this nice tool since two days.
I did a lot of toubleshooting looking the youtube videos. It worked only one time in a race with AI, i could see the TLAs, and the data in file opponents where saved. The next time faild, We drive on dedicated server with friends. I studied a lot, took your tips with "save and exit", restart and so on. I am on Windos 10, Telemetry Tool on second screen. I think there is no connection to the relay or something. I struggle so hard, because once it worked. Tried the tip to start relay first, then the game.
Regards, Rene
Btw. i use CrewChief, RealHeadMotion and Simhub. But i tried it also without them.
I noticed an other Issue. When i switch between Map, Telemetry, Driving,......
Sometimes the tool freezes, and i have to close the window and restart the tool. And the banner on top sometimes during race gets red for some milliseconds. I use AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 5700 XT.
Sorry for my bad english, i am from Austria.

Last edited:
I already found out that the red banner is for brake/steer warning
Yes, and you can disable it from the settings or set the tresholds to something different.

Cheers.
Hello!
Regards, Rene
Sometimes, other tools (like Simhub) can change the UID/Password for the ACC's broadcast system, so then you have to do the 'save and exit' in the ACC settings to reset the password in the Tool.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

A new version 12.2 is out.

Notable ACC changes/fixes:
- Added option to the Settings.xml to enable OpponentLap saving also in Practice. I might add this to the 'ACC Settings' dialog later, if many people use it. To enable this, edit the settings/acc/settings.xml this line
<entry key="acc_save_opponents_in_practice">false</entry>
and set it to true.

Other notable changes
- Many rFactor 2 related fixes/additions
- Some F1 22 related fixes
- AMS2 related...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, wanted to ask if there is a way to passtrough the data from my pc (where i drive, windows setup) to my laptop (where i want to see the data to analzye it, macOS)

Eventhrough i wanted to say thank you, for this very nice and easy to use tool

Hi, wanted to ask if there is a way to passtrough the data from my pc (where i drive, windows setup) to my laptop (where i want to see the data to analzye it, macOS)

Eventhrough i wanted to say thank you, for this very nice and easy to use tool
Yep, with ACC the easiest way is to run the Tool also on PC, where you drive. There you setup the UDP forward (in Settings --> Network settings) to send the data to the macOS. You can run the Telemetry tool there. If it is M1 processor, you you can find the binaries for it either from https://telemetrytool.com/addons or from e.g. Azul. If you go the Azul way, you can install their JRE on your system and then modify the runMac.sh to run the system Java instead of the provided customer JRE (which resides in the bin/mac directory.

Cheers.

I cannot seem to get AC (original) to work with the Telemetry Tool to deliver the display on my Thrustmaster SF1000 Wheel. The online videos do not step you through the menus and I feel I have exhausted options. I have tried Listening Ports 9995, 9996, 20777 (Thrustmaster UDP), I have set UPD 1 to the correct IP and UDP Port as set on the wheel. I have adjusted frequency up and down. On the AC Settings Menu I have tried AC Mode Settings with the IP and Port in addition to trying the AC Schem-to-UDP Relay Settings options. I have used "AC Shared Memory Relay" and "AC Shared Memory Relay and UDP. Nothing works. As FYI the wheels works perfectly with F1 2022 transmitting the screens onto the wheel.

What am I doing wrong?

I cannot seem to get AC (original) to work with the Telemetry Tool to deliver the display on my Thrustmaster SF1000 Wheel. The online videos do not step you through the menus and I feel I have exhausted options. I have tried Listening Ports 9995, 9996, 20777 (Thrustmaster UDP), I have set UPD 1 to the correct IP and UDP Port as set on the wheel. I have adjusted frequency up and down. On the AC Settings Menu I have tried AC Mode Settings with the IP and Port in addition to trying the AC Schem-to-UDP Relay Settings options. I have used "AC Shared Memory Relay" and "AC Shared Memory Relay and UDP. Nothing works. As FYI the wheels works perfectly with F1 2022 transmitting the screens onto the wheel.

What am I doing wrong?
So you need to do it this way.
1) Have a working system, where the Telemetry Tool gets data from AC and it works, ie. you receive data from the game and e.g. the Driving view works.
2) Then setup the SF1000, so that it is on the same network, as the Telemetry Tool. You might want to move the Wifi router closer, if the signal is weak. Enable the F1 2020 mode in the wheel, it should show an IP address of the wheel, when the UDP mode is active. The address is most likely something like '192.168.x.yyy', where x and y are numbers.

3) Now enable in the Telemetry Tool the UDP forward. In 'Settings -> Network Settings. Set into the IP address (the '192.168.x.yyy' from point 2)) and put the port to 20777. (default the SF1000 also uses). Remember to set the data format to 'F1 2020' and also remember to check the "enabled" checkbox. Save settings.

4) Restart the Telemetry tool. If relay wasn't on yet, start it too.

5) Open AC. Start race. You should receive data to the Tool. If the 3) was done correctly and the SF1000 is only, the data should come to SF1000 too.

Cheers.

Hi there, hello Iko,

I also have issues to get the telemetry tool to run. Maybe I am just too stupid to understand everything correctly. Anyway, could you please help me out?
I have the SF1000 wheel and play AC (through CM, but problem is the same without). I carefully followed your installation guide on YT and the additional setup video on YT. I read through the discussions here and followed all the steps. The wheel is connected to the WiFi. The connection is good. Mode "F1 2019, 2020" is enabled in the wheel. I have an IP address and have entered it in the Telemetry Tool. F1 mode is enabeld in the Tool, UDP in general is enabled in the Tool, I saved and restarted. runWin_AC starts the Tool and the relay.
But still I cannot see data on the display. Did I forget anything?
Thanks a lot in advance. I am so looking forward to using the display, been fiddling around for two weeks now.

Luke

Hi there, hello Iko,

I also have issues to get the telemetry tool to run. Maybe I am just too stupid to understand everything correctly. Anyway, could you please help me out?
I have the SF1000 wheel and play AC (through CM, but problem is the same without). I carefully followed your installation guide on YT and the additional setup video on YT. I read through the discussions here and followed all the steps. The wheel is connected to the WiFi. The connection is good. Mode "F1 2019, 2020" is enabled in the wheel. I have an IP address and have entered it in the Telemetry Tool. F1 mode is enabeld in the Tool, UDP in general is enabled in the Tool, I saved and restarted. runWin_AC starts the Tool and the relay.
But still I cannot see data on the display. Did I forget anything?
Thanks a lot in advance. I am so looking forward to using the display, been fiddling around for two weeks now.

Luke
Hi,

First make sure, you get all data properly from AC to the Tool.

Next as you said, connect the wheel to wifi. Please note, that you have to enable the F12019/F12020 mode each time you restart it, if you use the "workaround" with my Tool. On the info screen you should see the IP address. (Port is 20777, and it cannot be changed).

When this all is properly setup, then you setup the UDP forward (Settings --> Network Settings) and setup the data like below.
v12.3_networking_forward_to_sf1000.png
Here the SF1000 IP address is 192.168.4.42. Most likely for you the address is different. Notable thing is that the port is 20777, as that cannot be changed in the wheel. Also make sure the checkbox for "UDP 2 Enabled" is checked (or UDP 1, if you use that forwarder). Also key is that for the data format you select the F1 2020 format.

The issues I have seen, is that the IP address is dynamic for the wheel, i.e. it changes, so the forward IP must be changed also on the Tool every time. Other is that the checkbox is not checked, as it is pretty easy to forget.

You can see also this post: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/telemetry-tool-for-ac.193511/post-3635561

Cheers.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 51 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 84 59.6%