Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for ACC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, I've just installed Telemetry tool for ACC today, and I'm blown away by what the program can do. However, I can't seem to be able to view any sort of opponent data other than the amount of opponents in the session. I can every piece of data for my own car, but nothing for the other cars? What's going on here? This is from a MP session with 30 drivers in the lobby, yet absolutely no opponent info at all:
1696445193898.png

Had a read at what the guy two clicks above me had to say, and the issue seems sort of similar, but I do not have simhub, and my broadcasting.json file stays the way I originally set it.
However I do have that same "Ai 4 label" on the map next to my position.
1696445564749.png

Another probably noteworthy thing to add is that the game crashes about 3 seconds after pressing "drive" to go out on track ONLY IF I have the shared memory relay open without having the telemetry tool open, something that is quite annoying as the telemetry tool eats my memory and I would like to have that closed as I am broadcasting to a laptop on the same local net. The issues mentioned above all apply identically to both my computers telemetry tool and my laptops telemetry tool.

Additionally I have a lot of problems pressing the "Save and exit" button in the ACC settings menu, it just doesn't work, so I literally can't change stuff? Same goes for my laptop. Example trying to change the port under ACC broadcast settings, if I change it I am not allowed to save the settings.
1696446900076.png

These are the settings that are seemingly permanently locked to the ACC broadcast computer. The ACC broadcast settings are the same as those in the broadcasting.json file. On my laptop however I am unable to change the port to 9996 and stuck at port 9000 as I am unable to save and exit.
Alright, upon further view I've come to realise that i have in general a lot of issues doing anything related to IPs and ports. It just doesn't want to save.

Further more under the UDP RELAY section it says that if I am running ACC on a different computer, that I am to copy the relay_settings.ini and the ACC_SharedMemeory_Relay.exe to that computer. However there is no file with the name: relay_settings.ini on my computer, so that will be difficult to do.

So TLDR, stuff is ****ed and I have no clue how to solve it.

Last edited:
Alright still got the issue and going to try to explain it in a slightly less complicated way.
What I can get working is:
- I can view local data like tyre pressures, fuel etc.
- I have a second computer on the same net, and they both show identical information.

And that's about where it ends for the good news.
What's not working:
- I have to have the telemetry program open as well as the shared memory relay on the ACC computer, if I only have the shared memory relay open the game crashes right as you start driving. Problem is that the telemetry program really eats up a lot of RAM, something I already have too little of.
- I can't view opponent information, literally the only thing I see regarding opponents is how many drivers are in the session. On the map i only have a myself with an "AI 4 LABEL", other than that I've got nothing.

I really appreciate any and all help, as this program is exactly what I need! Just a shame I can't get it running as intended.
Feel free to add me on discord: "spacemonkey37", for faster reply possibilities. Or simply replay here as well. Anything works!

And there we go, I got it working. I had entered in the right info in the wrong places. A nicer guide/setup video to make it work with multiple-computer setups would be nice for other people who try to set it up as well! Alright take care!

I was wondering if it is possible to display data to a PC in another lan.
I was planning to have some endurance with a couple of friends and have someone who is looking your back is always good.

Hi is there any plans of including iRacing with this tool?
No exact plans for iRacing yet. I have gotten few requests for that and I have done some preliminary studies on what data and especially real-time data is available and it seems, it is quite limited. Also the scene seems to be pretty set on their tools due to the age of iRacing. I don't know though, if there are any real-time telemetry tools or good race strategy tool for iRacing.

Cheers.

Hello, I've just installed Telemetry tool for ACC today, and I'm blown away by what the program can do. However, I can't seem to be able to view any sort of opponent data other than the amount of opponents in the session. I can every piece of data for my own car, but nothing for the other cars? What's going on here? This is from a MP session with 30 drivers in the lobby, yet absolutely no opponent info at all:View attachment 698671

Had a read at what the guy two clicks above me had to say, and the issue seems sort of similar, but I do not have simhub, and my broadcasting.json file stays the way I originally set it.
However I do have that same "Ai 4 label" on the map next to my position.
View attachment 698672

Another probably noteworthy thing to add is that the game crashes about 3 seconds after pressing "drive" to go out on track ONLY IF I have the shared memory relay open without having the telemetry tool open, something that is quite annoying as the telemetry tool eats my memory and I would like to have that closed as I am broadcasting to a laptop on the same local net. The issues mentioned above all apply identically to both my computers telemetry tool and my laptops telemetry tool.

Additionally I have a lot of problems pressing the "Save and exit" button in the ACC settings menu, it just doesn't work, so I literally can't change stuff? Same goes for my laptop. Example trying to change the port under ACC broadcast settings, if I change it I am not allowed to save the settings.
View attachment 698675
These are the settings that are seemingly permanently locked to the ACC broadcast computer. The ACC broadcast settings are the same as those in the broadcasting.json file. On my laptop however I am unable to change the port to 9996 and stuck at port 9000 as I am unable to save and exit.
Alright, upon further view I've come to realise that i have in general a lot of issues doing anything related to IPs and ports. It just doesn't want to save.

Further more under the UDP RELAY section it says that if I am running ACC on a different computer, that I am to copy the relay_settings.ini and the ACC_SharedMemeory_Relay.exe to that computer. However there is no file with the name: relay_settings.ini on my computer, so that will be difficult to do.

So TLDR, stuff is ****ed and I have no clue how to solve it.
Hmm, the symptoms on no data from other cars is that there is no data coming from ACC broadcast system.

Also normally if you cannot change the settings, that means you have installed the game on the 'program files' or 'program files (x86)' directory and you have set the 'data directory' for some reason to be there too. You can change that via 'Settings --> Base Settings'.

If you want to send data to other locations, first make sure the Tool is working properly, i.e. you get the full driver names e.g. on the map etc. What his is in working stage, the best way to send data to another computer is by using the UDP Forward on the Telemetry Tool.

The relay_settings.ini for ACC relay is at %appdata%\ACC_SharedMemory_relay
If you want to use only the relay, you can make copy of the acc_relay directory, copy the relay_settings.ini from the appdata to the new directory. Then you set the relay to send data to external IP address by edigin the relay_settings.ini.

Cheers.

Cheers.

And there we go, I got it working. I had entered in the right info in the wrong places. A nicer guide/setup video to make it work with multiple-computer setups would be nice for other people who try to set it up as well! Alright take care!
Yeah, I know it can be sometimes bit cumbersome to get it working.

I could do a more detailed setup video, as quite many things have changed since I did the setup/install videos last time.

Cheers.

I was wondering if it is possible to display data to a PC in another lan.
I was planning to have some endurance with a couple of friends and have someone who is looking your back is always good.
It is possible.

If you have working Telemetry Tool settings (i.e. you get all the data like proper driver names on the map), then you can use the UDP forward to send data to another lan. Many of my users doing that use VPN Tunnel (like Hamachi) to easily "bypass" firewalls and other blockers and I think that is the best way to get data to another lan.

The way you do this
1) install the VPN tunnel on both ends and make sure the "driver" computer can ping the "engineer" computer.
2) install and make sure both ends have proper Telemetry Tool install
3) the driver setups UDP forward to the "engineer"'s VPN tunnel IP address.
4) If all is done correctly, when you start driving the data should flow from the driver to the engineer.

Cheers.

I keep getting invalid lap and my marker is AI while running the app. This also happens to my engineer when he connects any ideas what causes this?
The ACC Broadcast system data is not being received.

To solve this you should open the 'Settings --> ACC Settings' and (at least once) press 'save and close'. That should set the broadcast.json to the same values as shown on the settings dialog.

The reason the engineer does not see the names either is that there is no such data coming from the game.

Cheers.

Is there any way to open Motec files? Tried exporting as .csv but nothing happens when opening.
Hi,

Sorry, you cannot open the Motec files with my tool.

If you use Motec e.g. for setup work, you might store the Motec data and use my Tool for the real-time and other data. I know this kind of solution stores the data twice, but Motec is tool you use "in the garage", but my Tool you can also use during the P/Q/R and also in the garage. I know the Motec has more math stuff and that is fine. I don't think I want to go too deep into that direction, although there is some math stuff added to my Tool too, like the Math channels, which work in the workspace and which you can also see real-time in the Telemetry tab, if you do so.

Cheers.

Does anyone else have issues with multilap telemetry?

I'm unable to see any data in there, even if the lap summaries are visible. I can see the previous lap in single telemetry.

View attachment 711426
There is an issue, if you don't have active BLUE lap, the lines don't show up. It is fixed in the current beta. A workaround is to load Reference lap or change to Fastest lap.

If you want to give a go for the beta, drop me a PM and I will send you the link. I will do new beta update this evening.

Cheers.

So I've been trying to solve this issue for the better part of an hour and feel like I'm at a dead end.
When opening any of the batch files, I run into this issue with the entire app having unreadable text.
I assume this is something to do with a missing font or the UTF-8 encoding (running Win 11 and have UTF-8 support enabled).
Has anyone else ran into an issue like this and maybe found a way to solve it?

Thanks

Screenshot_4.png

So I've been trying to solve this issue for the better part of an hour and feel like I'm at a dead end.
When opening any of the batch files, I run into this issue with the entire app having unreadable text.
I assume this is something to do with a missing font or the UTF-8 encoding (running Win 11 and have UTF-8 support enabled).
Has anyone else ran into an issue like this and maybe found a way to solve it?

Thanks

View attachment 712586
Hi,

I just "partially" solved that for another user. I think in that case the system font was replaced with something else than the "System regular", which was missing from the system.

I am trying to find a solution to this with my Win11 box.

The first thing to do, is to run on Command Prompt in the Telemetry Tool's install directory this command:
bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.Fonts

This will show the available fonts. If your system is missing the 'System regular' font, then you can try to install that font..

Another short term solution is to add telemetryFX.css file to the Telemetry Tool install directory (i.e. the place where you have Telemetry.jar).
You need to put on that file the following content (between the lines
---------------
* {
-fx-font-family: 'System', 'Arial', 'Verdana';
/*-fx-font-size: 30px;*/
}
---------------
You can replace the 'System, 'Arial','Verdana' with fonts in your system to see, which one works best. Arial and Verdana are available in most systems.

Few caveats:
- At this point with any public version this will not work, if your install is in 'Program Files' directory. If your install is there, please PM me and I will send you link to the beta.
- Not all dialogs are fixed, like the one above. Just press Ok there, when you see it.
- The text in the launcher might also be messed, so use the runWin_acc.bat file to run the Tool

Cheers.

If anyone is still having these odd 'font issues', let me know. I have it fixed in the current beta, but more testing with different systems would be great.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

Version 13.2 is here.

ACC related changes:
  • New GT2 cars' data added
  • Added Red Bull Ring trackmap
  • Driving pane: Added tyre pressures per tyre at the start of the stint. Gives an idea, if for the next pitstop the pressures should be higher or lower.
  • Fixed issue, where the laps were not saved to the local db
  • Added 'Legend' to the map to show, what the colors mean
    - Center/main color is class (GT3, GT4, etc.)
    - Outer ring is the cup (Silver, Proam etc.)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,

I have been able to get the tool working both locally and from another PC at a different location used by a friend and able to get the data from their car. However, I am not able to see any of the other cars (in single player or on multiplayer server) data such as on the map dont see them or their lap times, etc. Is there something I am missing?

Note this is for running ACC.

1706391639625.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play