Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for ACC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,

First make sure, you get all data properly from AC to the Tool.

Next as you said, connect the wheel to wifi. Please note, that you have to enable the F12019/F12020 mode each time you restart it, if you use the "workaround" with my Tool. On the info screen you should see the IP address. (Port is 20777, and it cannot be changed).

When this all is properly setup, then you setup the UDP forward (Settings --> Network Settings) and setup the data like below.
View attachment 640186
Here the SF1000 IP address is 192.168.4.42. Most likely for you the address is different. Notable thing is that the port is 20777, as that cannot be changed in the wheel. Also make sure the checkbox for "UDP 2 Enabled" is checked (or UDP 1, if you use that forwarder). Also key is that for the data format you select the F1 2020 format.

The issues I have seen, is that the IP address is dynamic for the wheel, i.e. it changes, so the forward IP must be changed also on the Tool every time. Other is that the checkbox is not checked, as it is pretty easy to forget.

You can see also this post: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/telemetry-tool-for-ac.193511/post-3635561

Cheers.
Hi Iko,

thanks for your swift reply. Sorry, but either it still does not work or I still do not understand. I am afraid that the data from AC doesn´t get ported to the tool. I cannot see any data so far, just the empty tool.
Maybe let´s break it down?
Windows 11, SF1000, AC.
Telemetry Tool has been downloaded, extracted, opened through "runWin_AC". Relay opens, Tool opens.
Network settings: UDP 1 box is checked. F1 2020 format. IP has been entered. Tried it with Computer IP (192...) and even wheel´s IP (out of misery). UDP Port is 20777. Listen Port is 9996.
AC settings: AC Shared Memory and UDP (by default). IP address 192... entered. UDP Port 20777. AC Relay IP is 192... AC Relay Port is 9996. Mode 1, Verbo 0, Sleep 5 (by default).
Wheel: WiFi is running. Same WiFi as computer is connected to. Signal Strength is 100%. UDP F1 2020 is on.
I tried to follow the ReadMe, your posts and every video.
Did I miss anything? Is there anything else I need to click, check or uncheck in AC settings or Content Manager - or in the Tool?
Sorry to bother you with this. I am so looking forward to seeing it work.

Hi Iko,

thanks for your swift reply. Sorry, but either it still does not work or I still do not understand. I am afraid that the data from AC doesn´t get ported to the tool. I cannot see any data so far, just the empty tool.
Maybe let´s break it down?
Windows 11, SF1000, AC.
Telemetry Tool has been downloaded, extracted, opened through "runWin_AC". Relay opens, Tool opens.
Network settings: UDP 1 box is checked. F1 2020 format. IP has been entered. Tried it with Computer IP (192...) and even wheel´s IP (out of misery). UDP Port is 20777. Listen Port is 9996.
AC settings: AC Shared Memory and UDP (by default). IP address 192... entered. UDP Port 20777. AC Relay IP is 192... AC Relay Port is 9996. Mode 1, Verbo 0, Sleep 5 (by default).
Wheel: WiFi is running. Same WiFi as computer is connected to. Signal Strength is 100%. UDP F1 2020 is on.
I tried to follow the ReadMe, your posts and every video.
Did I miss anything? Is there anything else I need to click, check or uncheck in AC settings or Content Manager - or in the Tool?
Sorry to bother you with this. I am so looking forward to seeing it work.
Before you can get data to the SF1000 from AC, you have to have the Tool working with AC.

The main data (now) comes from the relay. By default it sends data to port 9995.
1) Networking
So on the Networking you have to set the UDP feed format to listen to the AC Relay port. i.e. 9995. If you do not, then no data comes through. (And in AC Settings, set the AC Relay Port back to 9995).
2) Additional UDP data from AC. To get this, the tool has to be able to connect to the AC via UDP and for this the Tool uses the port 9996 (AC Default). So in AC Settings, set the AC UDP Port to 9996.

The default settings should work, when you start the Tool. There is no need to "tweak" ports, if you don't have some fancy setup.

Best option would be to scrap the settings, i.e. close the Tool, delete the Settings.xml from settings\ac directory and start the Tool again from runWin.bat, and in the launcher select AC + enable relay, which will start the relay + the Tool in AC mode with default ports. If you then receive data to the Tool, then you can start looking at sending data to SF1000.

Cheers.

Before you can get data to the SF1000 from AC, you have to have the Tool working with AC.

The main data (now) comes from the relay. By default it sends data to port 9995.
1) Networking
So on the Networking you have to set the UDP feed format to listen to the AC Relay port. i.e. 9995. If you do not, then no data comes through. (And in AC Settings, set the AC Relay Port back to 9995).
2) Additional UDP data from AC. To get this, the tool has to be able to connect to the AC via UDP and for this the Tool uses the port 9996 (AC Default). So in AC Settings, set the AC UDP Port to 9996.

The default settings should work, when you start the Tool. There is no need to "tweak" ports, if you don't have some fancy setup.

Best option would be to scrap the settings, i.e. close the Tool, delete the Settings.xml from settings\ac directory and start the Tool again from runWin.bat, and in the launcher select AC + enable relay, which will start the relay + the Tool in AC mode with default ports. If you then receive data to the Tool, then you can start looking at sending data to SF1000.

Cheers.
Hi Iko,

I could not find the settings.xml so I just un- and re-installed the whole Tool. I did all the steps as before and followed your videos and posts again. Plus this time I put the folder in a different directory and changed my firewall settings. What can I say, I receive data from AC in the Tool now. Great first step! Didn´t really do anything else different and was already aware of problems beforehand. So I have no idea what made the real difference, but anyway, this works now.
The second step about the wheel display still does not work yet. I think it might be a connection problem. The SSID of my wifi shows correctly on the screen, but the wheel´s IP stays the default 29.7.19.99 and does not change to a 192. ... address. I have no idea why. So I guess, I will have to figure that out first. You don´t have any experience on that, by chance?

Thanks for your time so far.
Luke

Hi Iko,

I could not find the settings.xml so I just un- and re-installed the whole Tool. I did all the steps as before and followed your videos and posts again. Plus this time I put the folder in a different directory and changed my firewall settings. What can I say, I receive data from AC in the Tool now. Great first step! Didn´t really do anything else different and was already aware of problems beforehand. So I have no idea what made the real difference, but anyway, this works now.
The second step about the wheel display still does not work yet. I think it might be a connection problem. The SSID of my wifi shows correctly on the screen, but the wheel´s IP stays the default 29.7.19.99 and does not change to a 192. ... address. I have no idea why. So I guess, I will have to figure that out first. You don´t have any experience on that, by chance?

Thanks for your time so far.
Luke
If the Ip is 29.7.19.99, then the wheel is not connecting to the WiFi. Check the Thrustmaster documentation on how to do the connection. I think the file was like "Android_FWheel_AddOn" or something like that, how to pair the wheel with Wifi.

Cheers.

If the Ip is 29.7.19.99, then the wheel is not connecting to the WiFi. Check the Thrustmaster documentation on how to do the connection. I think the file was like "Android_FWheel_AddOn" or something like that, how to pair the wheel with Wifi.

Cheers.
Hi, the Thrustmaster Support were able to help me with the wifi connection. Everything is working now. I love it, big thanks again. On some cars the LEDs don´t work all the time, but that is not so important for me right now.
All the best!

Hi, the Thrustmaster Support were able to help me with the wifi connection. Everything is working now. I love it, big thanks again. On some cars the LEDs don´t work all the time, but that is not so important for me right now.
All the best!
The led lights are related to car revs, the leds start at 80% of the game reported max RPM for the car. Using the TM SDK might allow better control of the lights, but I havent' really planned to look into that.

Cheers.

The led lights are related to car revs, the leds start at 80% of the game reported max RPM for the car. Using the TM SDK might allow better control of the lights, but I havent' really planned to look into that.

Cheers.
As far as I have experienced it, some cars / car mods seem to have a problem with indicating the RPM correctly or not transferring info to the game correctly or sth like that. This results in the wheel´s lights jumping from zero to full lights to off in around half a second. But it´s only very few cars with the problem and I am not bothered by it. Thanks again for your awesome program and support!

As far as I have experienced it, some cars / car mods seem to have a problem with indicating the RPM correctly or not transferring info to the game correctly or sth like that. This results in the wheel´s lights jumping from zero to full lights to off in around half a second. But it´s only very few cars with the problem and I am not bothered by it. Thanks again for your awesome program and support!
Aah, that is something that was requested some time ago, i.e. that the lights would indicate, if you are in pits/pit limiter is on. The rev lights will flick with AC, if you are in the pitlane/the pit limiter is on.

Cheers.

Hi
i'm trying to compare my telemetry with an AI car in ACC. I have 'save all' selected in general settings, I then start a quick race and complete it. However, although my telemetry data is saved, there are no opponent laps saved. Am I misunderstanding or doing something wrong?
cheers
roy

Last edited:
Hi
i'm trying to compare my telemetry with an AI car in ACC. I have 'save all' selected in general settings, I then start a quick race and complete it. However, although my telemetry data is saved, there are no opponent laps saved. Am I misunderstanding or doing something wrong?
cheers
roy
The opponent laps should be in the 'opponent laps' directory.

However, if in the Map view you don't see proper driver names, but names are like 'Driver 1', then the 'ACC Broadcast' data is not coming through. For this to work, you have to once go to 'Settings --> ACC Settings' and press save. This should reset the 'ACC Broadcast'. You have to do this, when the game is not running, as it will overwrite the data in the json file, thus removing the settings.

Cheers.

The opponent laps should be in the 'opponent laps' directory.

However, if in the Map view you don't see proper driver names, but names are like 'Driver 1', then the 'ACC Broadcast' data is not coming through. For this to work, you have to once go to 'Settings --> ACC Settings' and press save. This should reset the 'ACC Broadcast'. You have to do this, when the game is not running, as it will overwrite the data in the json file, thus removing the settings.

Cheers.
thanks that fixed it

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

Version 12.3 is here.

It took much longer than expected to get this out.

Notable ACC changes/fixes:
  • Fixed error, when sometimes in multi-driver situation the driver name wasn't correct in the views.
  • Adjusted typical fast race laps based on the collected data. This has effect on "laps left" calculations etc
  • Added flag status to the cars for the track map + opponent data page.
  • Added 'PIT Opens in' and 'Pit Closes in' data to the header for race
Key new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
we try to connect two computers in different locations. The first (pc1) with ACC and with Telemetry Tool everything works fine.
The second computer (pc2) without ACC and with telemetry Tool doesn’t recive data.
Our setups:

ACC Brodcast settings:
pc1 and pc2 identic
Broadcasting.json file on pc1 also edited with the same parameters

Remote-IP:
Pc1: 127.0.0.1
Pc2: IP Adress of pc1

ACC Relay-IP:
Pc1: IP Adress of Pc2
Pc2: 127.0.0.1

ACC Relay Port:
Both 9996

Listen port: both 9996

UDP Redirect:
Pc1: udp 1 Enabled activate
UDP 1 target ip: ip of pc 2
UDP 1 target ip port: 9996
Pc2: default settings in UDP Redirect

What can we do to get this working.

Thanks and greets Nick

Hi,
we try to connect two computers in different locations. The first (pc1) with ACC and with Telemetry Tool everything works fine.
The second computer (pc2) without ACC and with telemetry Tool doesn’t recive data.
Our setups:

ACC Brodcast settings:
pc1 and pc2 identic
Broadcasting.json file on pc1 also edited with the same parameters

Remote-IP:
Pc1: 127.0.0.1
Pc2: IP Adress of pc1

ACC Relay-IP:
Pc1: IP Adress of Pc2
Pc2: 127.0.0.1

ACC Relay Port:
Both 9996

Listen port: both 9996

UDP Redirect:
Pc1: udp 1 Enabled activate
UDP 1 target ip: ip of pc 2
UDP 1 target ip port: 9996
Pc2: default settings in UDP Redirect

What can we do to get this working.

Thanks and greets Nick
Hi,
Also replied to your PM, but sent a general message here too.

Here is the simple way.

So for ACC port forwarding, you setup the UDP forward like you did on the driver side. This forwards all data received by the Tool (broadcast + the relay, in case of ACC).

With ACC, on the receiving end you setup the Listen port (12.3 or older, 'Settings --> Network Settings'), which is actually the same as in the ACC settings the "ACC Relay Port". I have done some changes on the UI for 12.4 to make things bit clearer. You don't need to have the relay running on the 'race engineer' side.

The issue you might have on sending data directly to another IP is that there might be routing issues or firewall(s) in between, which prevent traffic going through. To mitigate the networking issues, you might want to run a VPN tunnel between the driver and you. Many of my users use Hamachi for the tunneling. This makes it 1) easier to know the correct IP addresses and 2) "bypasses" possible firewalls, as you both are then in the same logical network.

Cheers.

Hello Iko,
Do you have an update planned for ACC and the new Valencia track ?

Thanks a lot for your job :thumbsup: .
I am in the process of doing final testing on the 12.4. I might push it out later today, if I am happy with the tests.

New things for ACC are:
- Valencia trackmap
- Option in the 'Telemetry stats graphs' to enter the tyre wear (which you see when you go to setup, when in puts). This allows to gain better understanding of the tyre wear on different tracks etc.
- Some pretty good performance ACC related optimizations. This should make the Tool work even better on longer races.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

Version 12.4 is here.

Notable ACC changes/fixes:
  • 1.9 + new DLC data added
  • Valencia track + trackmap added
  • Updated relay, so that it can read local .ini file for easier portable installation
  • Many ACC related optimizations. Tool works now much better on very long races
  • Added way to add tyrewear for the session. You need to do manual entry via 'Statistics table graphs' view with the 'Add tyrewear' dialog. The data can be found from the race setup...

Read the rest of this update entry...

For the new 'session tyre wear graphs' this is how you get the data.

1) Start driving with the Telemetry Tool on
2) When you return to pits, go to the Setup and there in the 'Fuel & Strategy' you can select different tyres and see their wear with 2 fraction, i.e. e.g. 2.91. You can get to this data also after a race by going back from result screen and to the 'Setup'.
3) Open in the Telemetry Tool the 'Statistics table graph' and there on bottom sidebar, select 'Add tyre wear' (only available for ACC). this opens the dialog like this
V12_4_acc_stats_graph_tyre_wear_entry.png

The format andorder is the same as in the 'Fuel & Strategy' page. Just enter the data (FL = Front Left, FR = Front right, RL = real Left, RR = Rear right).
4) when you press 'Save' the Tool will update the 'tyre wear total' and 'tyre wear/lap' graphs for each tyre set. You could e.g. test tyre wear on specific car on specific track with certain setup on certain fuel load and see, how it affects the laptimes/pressures/temps. I think this is pretty handy when trying to get the tyres work properly especially with 1.9.
5) If you have licensed version, you can then also save the data for analysis in e.g. Excel.

I am looking at ways to automated some of this entry work, but it would required the driver to do mid-session saves, which would not be feasible in online events.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello,

V13 with F1 23 support is out. You can get the new version from
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-tool-for-f1-23-and-many-other-games.61580/

Notable ACC related changes are:
- Way to setup the tyre wear target in the Statistics Graphs. This adjusts the values shown in the graph.
- New multi-car session history statistics shows many data, like laptimes averages (last 3, since pitstop, all valid laps etc), laps since pitstop etc. for all cars in the race
- Fixed 'suspension velocity' data for the histograms.
- 720S data added to the tool
- Fuel need estimate calculator

Notable new changes
- Full F1 23 support
- Changed lapdata and opponent file formats and added more data to the headers
- Experimental TCP Forward support (to mitigate VPN related packet drop issues).

Normal install rules apply. Just unzip the whole packet on top of your existing installation.

Or you can do a clean install to a new directory. Then the Tool will ask for location of data files, so you can keep using your old data files.

Enjoy, and get faster.

Multi-car session history data
V130_ACC_Multicar_session_history.png

Detailed per car data
V130_ACC_Multicar_session_history_details.png

Extract of the addition to the Statst Graphs for the ACC Tyre wear.
V130_ACC_Stats_graphs_tyre_wear_target_extract.png

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 52 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 84 58.7%