Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for ACC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi.

First of all congratulate you on your great work.
I am testing your app to transmit telemetry data to the Thrustmaster SF1000 wheel.
With F1 2020 and Project Cars 2 it works great with the default settings included in each of the profiles. I simply add the ip and the listening port of the SF1000 steering wheel in the UDP REDIRECT / UDP1 section and to run :)
On the other hand, with Assetto Corsa 1 I have not had the same luck. I can't even get Telemetry data from the game to the app.
Do you require AC1 any special treatment with respect to the other games?
Attached image with the configuration of AC1.
Tell me if you detect any errors.

Greetings
For the SF1000 the settings seem to be ok.

With AC1 you need to have the (Shared memory to UDP) relay working + sometimes it can take some time for the game to start sending data.

With AC1 the tool works in "single player mode", i.e. there e.g. no full trackmap with other cars.. I will do more testing this week on all tools to see, if there would be some issues on the new versions.

Cheers

If anyone is interested in getting this to work on ARM64 for a raspberry pi 4 or any ARM64 based computers running linux I've compiled and uploaded the required binaries for anyone that needs it.

Download the linux folder and then place it in the telemetry's /bin installation directory. Then run the runLinux.sh script.

Thanks to Iko for helping me figure out what to do.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

New version 11.3 is here.

Largest addition is the new 'Workspace'. In short this is like the Telemetry view, but you can save and load the set of traces. E.g. you can have different workspace for setup work, and another for driving inputs. There are also many new traces, e.g. wheel speed diff for sides or wheel locking indicator etc. For each trace there is now few options to adjust the view:
  • Basic: normal trace
  • Diff: blue vs. red trace (or with multilap blue vs each trace)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, great app! Is there a way, to preferences off start up of thé app? (Fullscreen in telemetry mode on secondary screen?)

An is it possible to auto save after race?

Hi, great app! Is there a way, to preferences off start up of thé app? (Fullscreen in telemetry mode on secondary screen?)

An is it possible to auto save after race?
For having the tool on second screen in fullscreen mode, you start the tool, move the tool to the second screen, then press F11 to make it fullscreen, then press CTRL-S, which saves the settings. After that if you restart the tool, it should start in fullscreen mode on the secondary screen.

The race history gets saved, if you enable that in the settings (Settings --> General Settings --> 'save detailed race history to file').

Cheers

I have a problem in ACC that my opponents lap times (online and AI) are not saved even if I tries "Which opponent laps to save" both All and Faster than BLUE. Do you know how to solve it?

I have a problem in ACC that my opponents lap times (online and AI) are not saved even if I tries "Which opponent laps to save" both All and Faster than BLUE. Do you know how to solve it?
Are you getting proper data (i.e. both broadcast and shmem feeds), i.e. there are driver names in the Map screen? If there is no broadcast data, then you will not see the opponent names and then also the opponent lap saving doesn't work. Easiest way to solve this is to once go to Settings --> ACC Settings and press 'save and exit'. Then you need to restart ACC + the Telemetry tool for the changes to take effect.

Cheers.

Hi,
First try here and just would like to know why when using the Launcher (runWin.bat) ACC and Relay selected ; Relay seem not start.
It's ok when I use the "runWin_ACC.bat"
Thanks for help.
Hi,

Thank you for the report.

I found there was a "stupid mistake" in the part launching the relay from the launcher. I have fixed this for 11.4.

Cheers.

There is a workaround, if you don't want to wait until 11.4 release. If you want to use the runWin.bat + get the relay(s) up and running, copy the relay directories from the install to "C:\Program Files\RaceSimTelemetry\bin" directory and the launcher should be able to find them.

How do i set this up for 4 drivers for ACC? I want to be able to use this during endurances, but im not sure how to set it up so that the telemetry works for all drivers. We are on LAN btw so networking is not an issue.

Hi, first I want to congratulate you on the program and thank you for sharing it with us.

I am using it on ACC and I must say that it is really a useful tool.

I have seen that there is the possibility of viewing telemetry from a remote PC from an external PC connected remotely.

Could you kindly give me more detailed instructions on the procedure to follow for a correct setting?

Really thank you in advance

Oscar

How do i set this up for 4 drivers for ACC? I want to be able to use this during endurances, but im not sure how to set it up so that the telemetry works for all drivers. We are on LAN btw so networking is not an issue.
You setup a working Telemetry Tool installation for all drivers, so that it works, i.e. they get driver names and all data from the game (using both Relay and the ACC Broadcast dat).

Then in the "central race engineer" Telemetry Tool you enable the listening ports for the drivers (Settings --> ACC Settings). The order of the drivers is the one as it is set in the server, i.e. driver 2 in the game uses the 'Driver 2 UDP port'

All drivers setup in their Telemetry Tool' UDP redirect (Settings --> Network Settings) to data to the corresponding port + the IP address of the 'central race engineer Telemetry Tool'.

Now when you drive and swap drivers, the tool should detect the swap and show proper data.

See the help for more info.

Cheers.

Hi, first I want to congratulate you on the program and thank you for sharing it with us.

I am using it on ACC and I must say that it is really a useful tool.

I have seen that there is the possibility of viewing telemetry from a remote PC from an external PC connected remotely.

Could you kindly give me more detailed instructions on the procedure to follow for a correct setting?

Really thank you in advance

Oscar
Easiest way is for the remote PC to setup UDP redirect (SEttings --> NEtwork settings) and send it to your IP address.

Most likely you need to create port forwarding rules in your router/firewall to allow the traffic through.

See the help for UDP Redirect in the tool for more info.

Cheers.

@Iko Rein

Hello,
i´m a great fan of your work and i´m using it a lot. Since the last update to 11.3 I have some problems with the cpu load with the track map (where the pitstop window is shown) after some time. That means if i start the tool everything is fine but after a few minutes (10 and more) at a gameserver the cpu load is increasing and i have to close the tool cause assetto corsa competizione and my whole pc is also affected. I´m using an AMD 5950X with 64GB RAM and RTX 3090OC.

Last edited:
@Iko Rein

Hello,
i´m a great fan of your work and i´m using it a lot. Since the last update to 11.3 I have some problems with the cpu load with the track map (where the pitstop window is shown) after some time. That means if i start the tool everything is fine but after a few minutes (10 and more) at a gameserver the cpu load is increasing and i have to close the tool cause assetto corsa competizione and my whole pc is also affected. I´m using an AMD 5950X with 64GB RAM and RTX 3090OC.
I need to do more testing. With 11.3 there is nothing special added to the map part.

Does this happen with all tracks? What if you have just e.g. the race info on? What if you change the tab, does it still happen or does it happen only, if you have the map open all the time?

Cheers

I need to do more testing. With 11.3 there is nothing special added to the map part.

Does this happen with all tracks? What if you have just e.g. the race info on? What if you change the tab, does it still happen or does it happen only, if you have the map open all the time?

Cheers
Hello,
yes it happens with all tracks and it doesn´t matter if the race info is on or other screens/map. If I skip between the tab it is the same... After 10 minutes the cpu load increases slowly and after 20/25 minutes I have to close/restart the tool.

Cheers

Hello,
yes it happens with all tracks and it doesn´t matter if the race info is on or other screens/map. If I skip between the tab it is the same... After 10 minutes the cpu load increases slowly and after 20/25 minutes I have to close/restart the tool.

Cheers
I have done extensive profiling of the Tool under ACC and cannot see this kind of degrading. What I see that in a race with max cars around 6 -8 minute mark there might be a memory usage peak (3-4G), which then drops and stays low (~1G). If your system is running low on memory, then this peak might "ruin" it for you.

Typically this kind of degrading happens, if there is some exception, which triggers constantly and is not caught. But I think I have those covered in the code, but it could still be some odd setting you set, which could case the odd behavior.

What kind of system do you run the tool on? Are you using the included custom JRE or something else (like a 32bit Java version)?

Did you try to reduce the CPU usage in the 'General Settings'?

You could try to limit the memory for the tool to 1GB and see, what happens. See the help file for tips on running the tool on a memory/CPU limited system.

Cheers.

Does anyone else have a problem downloading this file? I have a 900+ mbps high speed internet connection and its telling me its going to take 25+ minutes to download. What???

Just downloaded onto my Macbook Pro with M1 chip and it refuses to work. Read through all the readme.txt file and tried putting the Java binaries into the mac directory and still did not work. I also made sure my Java was up to date and it was. Not sure whats going on here but would love to get this working. Thank you!!!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.1%