Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for ACC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko, thanks for the quick reply. I'll try.

When I was playing with networking, I faced performance issues. Currently, I cannot change settings to default one, UI is lagging heavily.
How to drop all settings to default?

P.S. if you need some steps to reproduce it, I can share.

Thanks!
To reset settings for ACC, just delete inside the data directory the settings.xml file, which is in the settings\acc directory. And for other games same applies, i.e. delete the settings.xml file in the appropriate directory.

If you do "odd things" with networking, e.g. do circular forward or something else odd like sending data from several sources (or use the UDP forward to send data back to the Tool), the Tool might slow down significantly or behave oddly. (Typical issue I used to have in early development was having several instances of the FeedTester sending data to the tool causing the tool to constantly changing track, which slows the tool to crawl.)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Iko

Maybe a bit of a stupid question.
Say i wanted to compare my telemetry to that of the AI, would i just save all opponent laptimes or does this just work for racing in multiplayer?

Cheers

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

New version is here.

Main addition is support for F1 2021.

Other small fixes/tweaks/performance tunes are listed in the ReadMe.txt.

For update, just either
a) unzip the whole .zip to the place where you had old installation or
b) unzip the .zip to new place and then on the first run the tool will ask for the location of the (old) data.

New installs, check the ReadMe.txt for installation instructions.

Enjoy, and get faster.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Iko,

Thanks for making such a useful tool. I have one issue, that i cannot see any player data. I understand this is due to the broadcast not working, but I have tried many settings including the default and i get nothing.

Thanks

Hey Iko,

Thanks for making such a useful tool. I have one issue, that i cannot see any player data. I understand this is due to the broadcast not working, but I have tried many settings including the default and i get nothing.

Thanks

If there is no driver names, that is a sign, that the Telemetry Tool is not connected to ACC's broadcast system.

Do you use other dash apps or tools? I know that at least Simhub changes the ACC Broadcast settings.

Easiest way is to go to Settings --> ACC Settings and save the data there. It will set the ACC's broadcast settings properly + the relay will also be set properly. Then restart the Telemetry Tool, the ACC_Relay and the ACC itself. That should fix it.

Cheers.

If there is no driver names, that is a sign, that the Telemetry Tool is not connected to ACC's broadcast system.

Do you use other dash apps or tools? I know that at least Simhub changes the ACC Broadcast settings.

Easiest way is to go to Settings --> ACC Settings and save the data there. It will set the ACC's broadcast settings properly + the relay will also be set properly. Then restart the Telemetry Tool, the ACC_Relay and the ACC itself. That should fix it.

Cheers.
I don't use other tools, though I will uninstall simhub. I gave the steps above a try, no change. I did notice that the broadcasting.json did not update. I've tried on two versions of the tool also, 10.5 and the latest, and have had no change so far.

I don't use other tools, though I will uninstall simhub. I gave the steps above a try, no change. I did notice that the broadcasting.json did not update. I've tried on two versions of the tool also, 10.5 and the latest, and have had no change so far.
Hmm,

Maybe you can delete the broadcasting.json and do the Settings --> ACC Settings --> Save --> Restart and check that the password in broadcasting.json is same as what you typed into the settings.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

Hello,

New version of my telemetry and race strategy tool is here. This is mainly a bug/stability/performance fix with few interesting additions.

What is new in version 11.1?

Notable ACC related fix is the UDP Redirect fix. This should also fix issues some people were having with the driver swaps.

UDP Redirect
  • Fixed a very nasty random bug, which prevented the UDP redirect to work properly. This fix also improves the performance of the F1 2020 format redirect (ie. the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Iko. I have been making good use of your app the past few months. Thank you for your efforts.

But a problem emerged last week: when I run the app (using RunWin or RunWin_ACC) the dialogue box opens but not windows of the app itself. Well.. to be precise it seems the app *does* open but the window is invisible. See the image attached. You can see the window. Circled in pink.

Also when I open for another game (eg. RunWin_AC) the app window opens correctly.

Any idea what I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• RunWin_ACC.jpg
    RunWin_ACC.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 78
Also you may recall I was asking for advice how to get it running on an M1 Mac. This is a different issue to the previous post (which is on my sim rig PC).

Anyway.. the good news is that I have now managed to get it to launch on my Mac which is great news (for when I am helping another driver).

Hi Iko. I have been making good use of your app the past few months. Thank you for your efforts.

But a problem emerged last week: when I run the app (using RunWin or RunWin_ACC) the dialogue box opens but not windows of the app itself. Well.. to be precise it seems the app *does* open but the window is invisible. See the image attached. You can see the window. Circled in pink.

Also when I open for another game (eg. RunWin_AC) the app window opens correctly.

Any idea what I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Hi

If you have e.g. map window open and you do 'active view' change in the tool so that map comes visible, then the 'new window' map will become blank.

If not, then I need to do more checks and testing. Is this on mac? Big Sur or some other version?

Cheers

A heads up for those, who are using or plan to use my Tool with driver swaps.

I have had some endurance racing teams testing my tool, and now there is two ways to make the Telemetry Tool work with driver swaps.

1)
  • Simple way is to just UDP forward data from all drivers to one central server using the same IP and Port number.
  • All drivers have to have the ACC Broadcast also working (if driver short names are like D01, D02 or long names like Driver 01, Driver 02, then the broadcasting is not working, and needs to be reset by saving the ACC Settings once).
  • Also for all drivers, disable the 'Automatic Track Detection' via 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings'. In this mode, the server could also be on driver 1's computer.
2)
  • Bit more complex, but maybe bit more robust way is to again have central server, where Driver 1 sends data via normal UDP Redirect.
  • In the central server set UDP port for drivers 2 to driver 5 and then the drivers 2 to driver 5 send data to the corresponding UDP port on the server using the ACC Swap Driver UDP format option. The tool will detect the active driver and use data from that driver.
  • And ACC Broadcast must work for all drivers, otherwise the tool will not detect the active driver.
  • Also for this setting, disable the 'Automatic Track Detection'

Enjoy, and get faster.

Hi

If you have e.g. map window open and you do 'active view' change in the tool so that map comes visible, then the 'new window' map will become blank.

If not, then I need to do more checks and testing. Is this on mac? Big Sur or some other version?

Cheers

Thanks Iko. Yes... I think I did change 'active view'. I was messing with settings to see what they do. Oops. How do I change back? The only window visible is the initial dialogue box.

This is on the PC version.

EDIT: Found the settings.xml file. Deleted it. Restarted the app and problem solved. Problem came back when I used 'Move to Screen 2' in the view settings. So that's what I will avoid!

EDIT 2: Further testing suggests it's my second screen that's the problem. I can move a window from the app there (eg. MAP). But if I then save and close I find (on re-opening) that this window is invisible. And then I need to delete settings.xml file again to reset. On one occasion I was able to locate the edge of the 'invisible' window (just 'off' my main monitor) and drag it into view. I guess this suggests some problem with the set-up of my monitor?

Last edited:
Thanks Iko. Yes... I think I did change 'active view'. I was messing with settings to see what they do. Oops. How do I change back? The only window visible is the initial dialogue box.

This is on the PC version.

I can get other 'versions' to open. Did so with AC. And looked for Active View setting. Can't find it. Can you point me in the right direction, please?

EDIT: Please ignore - see previous message

Last edited:
I can't get AI names or lap time to show up in the telemetry app for ACC. Is there anything else you have to change besides the setting for saving all opponent laps.
Yes, if the driver names are like 'Driver 1' etc, then it means, that the ACC Broadcasting is not working (or setup properly).

Easiest way is to just open the 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings'. and save the settings. After that restart the Tool + start ACC. That should fix the issue.

If you use other tools, like Simhub, they tend to mess with the ACC Broadcast settings. So best option there is to use Simhub first, and the restart the Telemetry Tool and save the ACC Settings. This will make the tool use same settings with Simhub.

Cheers.

Hi there, sorry if this has already been answered. I'm trying to get the app installed on my friends PC however, when we try to open it, it does nothing, and if we open it as an admin this message comes up. I've tried to google a solution and the only answers that have come up are JAVA related, we have reinstalled JAVA and reset paths so it shouldn't be a JAVA problem. Any help would be much appreciated as this app looks amazing :)
1631743782473.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back