Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for ACC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi there, sorry if this has already been answered. I'm trying to get the app installed on my friends PC however, when we try to open it, it does nothing, and if we open it as an admin this message comes up. I've tried to google a solution and the only answers that have come up are JAVA related, we have reinstalled JAVA and reset paths so it shouldn't be a JAVA problem. Any help would be much appreciated as this app looks amazing :)View attachment 503350
If you use version older than 10.4, you don't need install java, as a custom JRE is included in the .zip

So if you e.g. are installing 11.1, just unzip the package to e.g. C:\Program Files\TheTelemetryTool or somewhere else.
Then you start the tool e.g. with one of the game specific .bat files or start the launcher (with runWinLauncher.bat).
The Tool will then on the first run ask you to set the location for data files.

Cheers.

Hi, you did a great in helping me :). However we are having some other trouble with broadcasting from his PC to my own, we have set the IP and Port to my own in game and in the app and I’m not receiving any data. I’m sure I’m doing something stupid but if you could help out that would be great :)
Empty response, ;-)

Hi, you did a great in helping me :). However we are having some other trouble with broadcasting from his PC to my own, we have set the IP and Port to my own in game and in the app and I’m not receiving any data. I’m sure I’m doing something stupid but if you could help out that would be great :)
Might be easiest to setup a VPN tunnel between the two sites (many users use Hamachi).

Your friend sets the in his/her Telemetry Tool UPD Redirect to send data to your computer (whatever is the IP, i.e. public IP address or if you use the tunnel, then your IP address in that virtual subnet and set the port to default, i.e. 9000).

You set the Telemetry Tool to listen for the port 9000 (and start the tool in ACC mode). If you don't use tunnel, then you need most likely open the port 9000 in your firewall.

Now when your friend drives around, with the Telemetry Tool on, you should receive data to your Telemetry Tool.

Cheers.

Might be easiest to setup a VPN tunnel between the two sites (many users use Hamachi).

Your friend sets the in his/her Telemetry Tool UPD Redirect to send data to your computer (whatever is the IP, i.e. public IP address or if you use the tunnel, then your IP address in that virtual subnet and set the port to default, i.e. 9000).

You set the Telemetry Tool to listen for the port 9000 (and start the tool in ACC mode). If you don't use tunnel, then you need most likely open the port 9000 in your firewall.

Now when your friend drives around, with the Telemetry Tool on, you should receive data to your Telemetry Tool.

Cheers.
Thank you! We will try this later too see if it will work

Might be easiest to setup a VPN tunnel between the two sites (many users use Hamachi). Your friend sets the in his/her Telemetry Tool UPD Redirect to send data to your computer (whatever is the IP, i.e. public IP address or if you use the tunnel, then your IP address in that virtual subnet and set the port to default, i.e. 9000). You set the Telemetry Tool to listen for the port 9000 (and start the tool in ACC mode). If you don't use tunnel, then you need most likely open the port 9000 in your firewall. Now when your friend drives around, with the Telemetry Tool on, you should receive data to your Telemetry Tool. Cheers.
Might be easiest to setup a VPN tunnel between the two sites (many users use Hamachi). Your friend sets the in his/her Telemetry Tool UPD Redirect to send data to your computer (whatever is the IP, i.e. public IP address or if you use the tunnel, then your IP address in that virtual subnet and set the port to default, i.e. 9000). You set the Telemetry Tool to listen for the port 9000 (and start the tool in ACC mode). If you don't use tunnel, then you need most likely open the port 9000 in your firewall. Now when your friend drives around, with the Telemetry Tool on, you should receive data to your Telemetry Tool. Cheers.

Cheers.
Hey, sorry to be a pain, we can’t seem to get this to work. We have previously used Hamachi for other games and know that it still works as a VPN. However even using the updated IP’s it doesn’t work. I have also tried every combination of ports and IP’s I can think off both for in game and in telemetry tool and can’t seem to get it to work. I have also allowed the port in my firewall. Any advice? I can post screenshots if needed but I’m sure it’s still me being stupid.

Hi Iko,

Thank you for this tool. Having a bit of a play with it and is really cool. I've got it setup where my data is sent to an external IP and can see my data there (And locally). But one thing I can't work out is the my player name not showing correctly. I see some of the previous posts talking about this and have tried saving the ACC settings etc with no change. I just shows as "Player L1"....

Also, is there a way to get this to work with a dedicated server? This would remove the need for every player to forward data.

Cheers

Hi Iko,

Thank you for this tool. Having a bit of a play with it and is really cool. I've got it setup where my data is sent to an external IP and can see my data there (And locally). But one thing I can't work out is the my player name not showing correctly. I see some of the previous posts talking about this and have tried saving the ACC settings etc with no change. I just shows as "Player L1"....

Also, is there a way to get this to work with a dedicated server? This would remove the need for every player to forward data.

Cheers
Hi,

If there are no real player names, that means the ACC broadcasting feature is not sending data to the tool. There can be few reasons, why it does not work. One typical culprit is some other dash software, which modifies the broadcasting.json (in you Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config), so then my Tool cannot get the data. Other is that for some reason the file gets corrupted, but this typically leads to the game crashing.

Best thing to try is:
1) stop the game, remove the broadcasting.json file, restart the game, start the Telemetry Tool and in ACC settings just save it. Restart the game + Telemetry Tool.

For the dedicated server, I have not really looked at that, as it would be more for the server owner, who would be looking at the data, not the racers. Most likely one could write a piece of code, which connects directly to the server and gets all the data and makes it available for the racers.

But doing some work on the dedicated server is bit "out of my league", as ultimately I develop this Tool to make myself better/faster. And as my Tool grew bigger and got better, I decided to share it with the community. So I am racer first and developer second.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hey, sorry to be a pain, we can’t seem to get this to work. We have previously used Hamachi for other games and know that it still works as a VPN. However even using the updated IP’s it doesn’t work. I have also tried every combination of ports and IP’s I can think off both for in game and in telemetry tool and can’t seem to get it to work. I have also allowed the port in my firewall. Any advice? I can post screenshots if needed but I’m sure it’s still me being stupid.
Just to be sure, are you using the 11.1 version on both ends? There were quite many networking fixes added to that version.

In short, you need to have one working installation of the Telemetry Tool, which receives the data from ACC (both via Relay and the broadcasting data, i.e. you get full driver names and other data also works). Now you also do similar setup on the "race engineer side", i.e. fully working setup. Now with the "driver Tool", you setup the Tool (via Networking settings) to use UDP redirect to send data to the ACC (set this to be normal ACC, not the "ACC swap driver" setting. Make sure the port you use here is the same, the RaceEngineer is listening. If you use default, then port number 9996 is good, i.e. the default UDP/Relay port.

Cheers

Hi,

If there are no real player names, that means the ACC broadcasting feature is not sending data to the tool. There can be few reasons, why it does not work. One typical culprit is some other dash software, which modifies the broadcasting.json (in you Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config), so then my Tool cannot get the data. Other is that for some reason the file gets corrupted, but this typically leads to the game crashing.

Best thing to try is:
1) stop the game, remove the broadcasting.json file, restart the game, start the Telemetry Tool and in ACC settings just save it. Restart the game + Telemetry Tool.

For the dedicated server, I have not really looked at that, as it would be more for the server owner, who would be looking at the data, not the racers. Most likely one could write a piece of code, which connects directly to the server and gets all the data and makes it available for the racers.

But doing some work on the dedicated server is bit "out of my league", as ultimately I develop this Tool to make myself better/faster. And as my Tool grew bigger and got better, I decided to share it with the community. So I am racer first and developer second.

Cheers
Thank you for the reply. It seems when I load it up today, my name is displaying correctly.. weird.

Understand re the server side stuff. Love your work, cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

New version is here.

Notable changes:

F1 2021
  • Added Portimao trackmap
  • Raw data: Fixed the bug, where the data was always shown for the player and could not be changed
  • Potentially fixed issue, where data for new tracks would not be saved, i.e. make the current version work e.g. with Imola without the need for a new version of the Tool
AMS2
  • Added Monza release trackmaps
  • Added new cars data to the system
KartKraft

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Everyone,

Could you please help me that what kind of settings should be perfomed in case of PS5?

Thank you in advance.

Hori
ACC on consoles does not (yet) provide the Telemetry data. If this changes, I should hopefully be able to make my Tool to work with such version.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Anyone ever run into password protected files when scanning the application? Using Bitdefender to scan the package and prompts me saying certain files are password protected and unable to scan. I get a bit nervous installing these custom apps nowadays. Anyone run into this before?

Anyone ever run into password protected files when scanning the application? Using Bitdefender to scan the package and prompts me saying certain files are password protected and unable to scan. I get a bit nervous installing these custom apps nowadays. Anyone run into this before?
The track files are now all zipped and password protected. Some people were taking my trackmaps without giving credit to me, so I made it harder to use those in other apps. If you don't want to use the protected ones included in the .zip, you are free to create your own trackmaps. The instructions are in the help files.

Each proper trackmap takes in average 30-40 minutes to create, and e.g. Nordschleiffe about 4 hours. (at minimum 14 laps, half driven at very slow speed + some editing of the files). There are some 300+ track maps in my Tool, so plenty of work/time has gone into creating them, and when people were using that work without crediting me, it did not make me very happy.

Cheers.

I want this for endurance races. Is it possible that my teammates get this information on their pcs when I'm driving? That they can switch windows to see what they need?

Not sure if the last reply is the solution.

I want this for endurance races. Is it possible that my teammates get this information on their pcs when I'm driving? That they can switch windows to see what they need?

Not sure if the last reply is the solution.
You can forward the data to other computers with the UDP Redirect (under Settings --> Network Settings). So you can send data to 2 other IP addresses (and they then can again send them to two other addresses, if needed etc.).

When you do the UDP redirect, the tool will send all data (from Shared Memory + the ACC Broadcast data) to the other computer, i.e. it will have the exactly same data, as the driver. On this "race engineer" install they can freely change the windows or have multiple windows open etc. what is needed to provide the best info to the driver.

And you/they could enable the 'save debug file' (Settings --> Base Settings), so after the race you can re-run the 'data feed replay' to the tool, if you/they want to do after the race analysis.

And if you run an endurance race with multiple drivers, you could have 1 race engineer install and all drivers have the Telemetry Tool running and they send their data (via UDP Redirect) to that 1 race engineer. I have worked with few endurance teams to make sure, the tool works even with driver swaps.

Cheers.

Hey great tool, im currently trying to get this setup to work on a couple sbc's like the raspberry pi and odroid c2 running Debian Linux but the Azul JRE binaries are not offered for armhf or arm64 processors. I've tried using jre and openjfx from the distro's repos and edited the runLinux.sh file to

/usr/bin/java -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.Launcher &

but I get this error on output.

Error: Could not find or load main class apps.Launcher Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application

Also do you think it would be possible to include a headless startup that can be access through a web browser using the http feature? As it stands I believe I have to enable http through the gui. This would be especially handy for Linux servers.

This is all a bunch of extra work but I just figured I would see what you think. Thankyou very much for the project

Hi.

First of all congratulate you on your great work.
I am testing your app to transmit telemetry data to the Thrustmaster SF1000 wheel.
With F1 2020 and Project Cars 2 it works great with the default settings included in each of the profiles. I simply add the ip and the listening port of the SF1000 steering wheel in the UDP REDIRECT / UDP1 section and to run :)
On the other hand, with Assetto Corsa 1 I have not had the same luck. I can't even get Telemetry data from the game to the app.
Do you require AC1 any special treatment with respect to the other games?
Attached image with the configuration of AC1.
Tell me if you detect any errors.

Greetings

Attachments

• Telemetry Tool.JPG
    Telemetry Tool.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 72
Hey great tool, im currently trying to get this setup to work on a couple sbc's like the raspberry pi and odroid c2 running Debian Linux but the Azul JRE binaries are not offered for armhf or arm64 processors. I've tried using jre and openjfx from the distro's repos and edited the runLinux.sh file to

/usr/bin/java -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.Launcher &

but I get this error on output.

Error: Could not find or load main class apps.Launcher Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application

Also do you think it would be possible to include a headless startup that can be access through a web browser using the http feature? As it stands I believe I have to enable http through the gui. This would be especially handy for Linux servers.

This is all a bunch of extra work but I just figured I would see what you think. Thankyou very much for the project
For running the tool on Arm, you need to get Java 15 (or greater) version, which has JavaFX included.

I can send you scripts for taking openjdk + the javafx libraries and do custom JRE, which can run my tool. Just ping me. I think there are not also JavaFX jmods for ARM, so it should be "easily" doable. I have done the testing on Windows, but the script should be easy to take to ARM.

For the headless version, I can check little bit, what can be done. Might be nice to have something, which saves the lapdata + can create the debug file/data replay file. Cannot promise much though.

Cheers,

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.7%
  • Forum trophies