Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for ACC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Brilliant app thank you. Is there a function and if not is it possible to program an 'event' or 'marker' input so the driver can highlight a specific part to review on telemetry? Future addition maybe?

Thanks again for an incredible app
Can you elaborate this bit more, what you mean.

There is already zoom
  • either scroll with mouse and drag the graphs
  • or the better option is to click mouse primary button at some point and mouse secondary button at some other point and the Tool will zoom into that area
And using the multi-lap telemetry you can find the "interesting" parts, .e. areas where you are e.g. most inconsistent.

Cheers.

Hi Iko

Thank you for this amazing app. Finally got it to work to another pc.

Just a question regarding using the APP via the HTTP protocol.
How would this work? Would i have to enter my IP and the person who's data i am trying to see as well together with the HTTP protocol?

Thank you again for a great App

Cheers

Can you elaborate this bit more, what you mean.

There is already zoom
  • either scroll with mouse and drag the graphs
  • or the better option is to click mouse primary button at some point and mouse secondary button at some other point and the Tool will zoom into that area
And using the multi-lap telemetry you can find the "interesting" parts, .e. areas where you are e.g. most inconsistent.

Cheers.
Basically, pressing a button on the wheel or keyboard would leave a marker or 'timestamp' on the telemetry.

For example lets say I do 10 laps and on lap 4, 6 and 8, I'm quicker/slower through a corner or the car behaves in a way I want to look at to help with set up. I press the button on the wheel to highlight it.

Rather than searching through all of the telemetry to find the specific corner or data I'm after I can look for the marker or jump straight to the area I've 'highlighted' or 'marked'. It's a non essential, but if its easily coded a nice touch!

I hope that makes more sense - can anyone who understands what I'm talking about and is also interested in a feature like this explain it any better?

Hi Iko

Thank you for this amazing app. Finally got it to work to another pc.

Just a question regarding using the APP via the HTTP protocol.
How would this work? Would i have to enter my IP and the person who's data i am trying to see as well together with the HTTP protocol?

Thank you again for a great App

Cheers
First you need to enable the HTTP protocol from the Telemetry Tool. 'Settings' --> 'Network Settings'. There enable HTTP feed and set the Port, if you don't like 8002. If you want to access /provide access the data from other computers, check the "Allow remote HTTP" too. The restart the Tool.

Now let's assume the IP address of the computer, where you run the Telemetry Tool is 192.168.1.100, then you can connect to the http server via e.g. with http://192.168.1.100:8002/map.html (if you didn't change the default port). The map is a http based track map, which updates the cars' positions on the map. To see all the available data, use http://192.168.1.100:8002/user_defined

The 'Tablet' is an example, how to create kind of RaceInfo page via the http server. There area other data available, like 'Telemetry packet', which you could use to create your own system.

If you want to view the AI data/other cars data, the 'AI Data' has about the same fields, as the RaceTiming tab.

Cheers

Basically, pressing a button on the wheel or keyboard would leave a marker or 'timestamp' on the telemetry.

For example lets say I do 10 laps and on lap 4, 6 and 8, I'm quicker/slower through a corner or the car behaves in a way I want to look at to help with set up. I press the button on the wheel to highlight it.

Rather than searching through all of the telemetry to find the specific corner or data I'm after I can look for the marker or jump straight to the area I've 'highlighted' or 'marked'. It's a non essential, but if its easily coded a nice touch!

I hope that makes more sense - can anyone who understands what I'm talking about and is also interested in a feature like this explain it any better?
Ok. I understand what you mean.

I have been thinking of having a select-able secondary functionality, but with ACC the issue is that the game, ACC, doesn't report the buttons pressed from the wheel/keyboard/controller. This means, one cannot assign a button for it, but it would be again similar what is there now, i.e. you can tie the tab change to the secondary display change. So the this would be tied to e.g. primary display change or abs level change or similar and I am not sure that is a good thing.

We have been asking from Kunos (on the forums) to provide the button information in Shared Memory, but there is no feedback if they would do it or not.

I can think of ways to do that + how it would be working on the data side, but I cannot promise anything.

Cheers,

First you need to enable the HTTP protocol from the Telemetry Tool. 'Settings' --> 'Network Settings'. There enable HTTP feed and set the Port, if you don't like 8002. If you want to access /provide access the data from other computers, check the "Allow remote HTTP" too. The restart the Tool.

Now let's assume the IP address of the computer, where you run the Telemetry Tool is 192.168.1.100, then you can connect to the http server via e.g. with http://192.168.1.100:8002/map.html (if you didn't change the default port). The map is a http based track map, which updates the cars' positions on the map. To see all the available data, use http://192.168.1.100:8002/user_defined

The 'Tablet' is an example, how to create kind of RaceInfo page via the http server. There area other data available, like 'Telemetry packet', which you could use to create your own system.

If you want to view the AI data/other cars data, the 'AI Data' has about the same fields, as the RaceTiming tab.

Cheers
Thank you for the response Iko

Myself and a friend tried this last night, unfortunately it did not work. Kept getting "Connection Timed out" error message.
We will have a look again in the coming days.

Cheers

Thank you for the response Iko

Myself and a friend tried this last night, unfortunately it did not work. Kept getting "Connection Timed out" error message.
We will have a look again in the coming days.

Cheers
If you want to have your friend as your race engineer, it might be better to use the UDP forward to forward the data to your friend.

The http server might require better connectivity, but you can adjust the update frequency via javascript, if needed.

Cheers

Same as well. I have an old laptop that Id like to sent the telemetry data to while racing on my desktop.
There is quite detailed instructions on the first page of this thread.

In short, you have two options (as explained in the earlier post):
1) Run the Telemetry Tool also on the desktop and use the UDP forward to send the data to the laptop.
2) Setup the ACC Shmem Relay on the Desktop to send the data to the laptop + setup in the Telemetry Tool on the laptop to a) receive the shmem data + b) connect to the desktop for getting the broadcast data

Cheers.

For using the UDP resend this is how you do it:
1) have a working Telemetry Tool installation on the desktop/computer, where you run ACC.
2) Have a working Telemetry tool installation on "secondary computer/laptop". You can use the apps.FXFeed to test it works there.
3) Find out the IP address of the secondary computer, e.g. in the Telemetry Tool: Tools --> Show my IP Address
4) In the Telemetry Tool in "ACC computer", go to Settings --> Network Settings, enable either UDP1 or UDP2, then set the secondary computer's IP address + port there.

Now restart both Telemetry tools, restart the ACC Relay and start the game. Now data should get to the secondary computer. Possible typical issues are that the IP address or port are not correct, especially if your computer has multiple IP addresses.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

The Telemetry Tool updated to 10.6.

With this version I updated the JRE to version 15. So if you are updating, you need to
- update the bin directory (there is also for Linux and Mac a custom JRE binary included)
- update the lib directory
- update the Telemetry.jar + the .bat (windows) and .sh files (linux/mac)

Key new features
  • Support for ACC driver swap. This feature has been tested, but not extensively. Any feedback is welcome
  • Added Statistics table, which will show much...

Read the rest of this update entry...

For the new driver swap stuff, you enable it like this:

1) Race Engineer/Central Telemetry tool.

Setup driver 1's UDP forward like you normally would.

In the ACC Settings, set listening port for each driver. So driver 2 will send data to driver 2 port, driver 3 to driver 3 port etc.
You might also disable the automatic track change below the swap driver listening ports. Sometimes the data from the game can cause track change, which you don't want to have, when you do the driver swaps.

V106_ACC_Settings.png

2) For drivers 2 to 5, In the Network settings, in the UDP forward section you select the format to be ACC swap driver, set the IP address for the "race engineer"/central Telemetry Tool and the to be the port e.g. for driver 2's udp forward to be receiver driver 2 udp port.

V106_Network_Settings.png

If all is done correctly, as you do the driver swap, the data (e.g. race history) should keep updating.

Cheers.

Thanks for this great piece of software!

We just ran ACC Monza 8 hours with 3 drivers using this, streaming the data to one server and then streamed the screen to youtube. Perfect for monitoring tires and track map.

Issues:
  • Being able to use this with multiple drivers without loosing data. (as you described above)
  • I dont get any race data. Like opponent lap times, opponent pit stops etc. I can see the other cars on the track map though with random names, like Driver01, i cant remember exactly. Is this a bug, or simply not implemented yet?
Hi,

I added to the 10.6. first version of a system, which should make it work during driver swaps.

Cheers.

I have an issue I do not have the menu in TT for ACC. Any clue to what I have done wrong? It is running and getting data.
1625515349650.png
It is there in AC
1625515290650.png

Last edited:
Press 'ALT' key, it will either show or hide the menu.

Cheers
I thought it was as simple as that but this dumb idiot could not find it despite pushing many keys hoping to find the ONE, alas I didn't. I also had looked in the help, if it is in there I also consider myself blind ....btw my wife tells me I am deaf.
1625561645036.png

This way you get data from the PC version of ACC to different computer :
Oh, man, thank you for this!!! I've spent two hours or more to connect my laptop.

In your example, you are routing UDP traffic directly to a receiver.
But is it possible to broadcast it on ACC PC but "client" can read this data?

That's what I was trying to do w/o any success.

You can do that.

So you need to do 2 things
1) Setup the ACC_relay to send data to the laptop. Easiest way to do the is to run the Telemetry Tool on the ACC_PC and use from the menu 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings' and set the relay forward IP to be the laptop's IP address. And at the same time you setup the Broadcast port + password.
2) Make laptop to connect and receive data from ACC broadcast system. Now on the laptop, you install the Telemetry Tool. On the Telemetry Tool at laptop, go again to 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings' and set there the 'ACC Broadcast Settings' port + password, as you set them in 1). Now also set to the "Remote IP" the IP address of the computer, where you run ACC.

This way 1) the relay on ACC computer sends Shared Memory data to the laptop and 2) the laptop connects to the ACC to get the broadcast data.

Simpler way would be to run the Telemetry Tool on both computers, but on the ACC computer you use the UDP forward (Settings --> Network Settings) to send the data in ACC mode to the laptop.

For the "UDP Forward" usage, there is a setting 'writeLapsToFile' in settings/acc/settings.xml, which you can use to disable lapdata saving. So if you use the Telemetry tool on ACC computer and don't want to save lapdata there, you can do that.

Cheers.

Iko, thanks for the quick reply. I'll try.

When I was playing with networking, I faced performance issues. Currently, I cannot change settings to default one, UI is lagging heavily.
How to drop all settings to default?

P.S. if you need some steps to reproduce it, I can share.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back