Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application

New 9.3 version.

Notable updates
  • Added 'Driver DNA' back to the tool
  • ACC
    • Shared memory data and broadcast updated to the latest version
    • Saving of opponent laps during races added
  • Tool game-mode can be set from command-line, no more need to set the game via settings, makes life much easier
  • Many performance fixes/optimizations
  • A lot of PC2 related fixes/improvements
  • Fixes to many tracks
  • Added new "vs. me" graph to Race History
  • Put F1 2018...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Telemetry Application

Just a version, where there is an updated ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe, which doesn't get flagged by bitdefender and some other virus scanners preventing installation.

Nothing else has changed. So if you have the tool up and running, no need to update. If you are downloading an update for pre 9.3 version, get this "b" install.

If you are using ACC and the ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe in your current install gets flagged for virus, get the ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe from the "b" packet.

The...

Telemetry Application

Just a version, which includes an updated ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe, which doesn't get flagged by bitdefender and/or other virus scanners preventing installation, and which doesn't require extra .dlls.

Nothing else has changed. So if you have the tool up and running, no need to update. If you are downloading an update for pre 9.3 version, get this "c" install.

If you are using ACC and the ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe in your current install gets flagged for virus, get the...​

ive tried everything from reinstalling windows to rebuilding all dlls on my system, when i run runWin_4GB_memory_limit.bat or ANY of the variations i get the following errors.... any insight on this please?

Yep, the Shared Memory relay included required some Debug dlls, which are typically not available on standard Windows system.

Just posted a new 9.3c version, where I put back in normal version of the ACC_SharedMemory_Relay.exe, which doesn't require that .dll.

Sorry for the hassle.

Cheers.

PS. And with this episode I learned that 2-3 days before the release I need to submit the .exe file for scanning, so it doesn't get flagged as a virus.

@Iko Rein How do i get my xbox to send the data over? My PC version of the game works but Xbox doesnt even show the dot even after i've completed a few laps. How can I fix this?

Here I assume you are using F1 2019 or F1 2018.

Quick how-to:
1) Start the Telemetry tool. Check the 'Tools' --> 'Show my IP address'.
2) Take the IP address and port number in the dialog, the ones shown on top should be ok.
3) Start the F1 2019 in XBox, go to Options --> UDP Telemetry (or something like that), enable the UDP feed, put the IP address + Port from 2) into the appropriate fields. Frequence could be 60,30 or 20. If your home network is slow, then 20 might be best option.
4) Restart the telemetry tool + the F1 2019 in XBox. Start driving. If the settings were set properly and if there is access from the XBox to the computer, where you run the Telemetry tool, you should receive the data on the Telemetry.

If you have issues, you might to the feed test on the computer, where you run telemetry. Check the ReadMe.txt for the details.

Cheers.

Great App, loving it. I'm trying to import data for a ghost lap and running a different car intentionally to make it easier to find, although I can't see it. I'm looking under lapdata, am I missing something?

Hey @Iko Rein, thanks again for the awesome app! When I load the attached ghost lap, the sector 1 and 2 times are wrong as in the attached picture (circled at the bottom). Could you take a look and let me know if I am doing something wrong or is it an issue in the lap/software? I had to change the lap file extension to txt as racedept does not allow csv files, so you can just change it back to csv.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 84
  • ghost_Japan_TT_DRY_86.95093_mercedes_2020-05-24_opponent - Copy.txt
    378.9 KB · Views: 81
hello, first of all i wanna say a great thanks for your job and make it free for all! really appreciated!
after some basic test, i have encountered some problems with f1 2019 on XBOX.
i'm able to run the tool from Workstation and get data from XBOX but after some races (one, 2 or 3) i always get the telemetry tool completely frezzed with CPU at 100%. wait many minutes but nothing changed. i've tried to disable some settings but it keeps hanging.
my doubt is that i forward 20777 port from simhub software (i use also a special dashboard) so i get data from f1 2019 on 20778 and simhub forwards it to 20777 for telemetry. of course both on the same ip address.
ive tried to lunch temetry from a bat file for 2Gb ram (of 4 gb on my workstation)...better but not ok. can i try anything else?

last question, is there a way to autosave my telemetry data when recorded for each circuit?

thanks a lot!

Also, I think you accept small contributions (eg PayPal) right? I cannot find how to do it, can you let me know please? FYI it will be only $10 for a beer or two, but in the future I may do more, I love your sh.t man!

P.S. I was looking for it in the overview here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-application.27456/
Maybe you can put the paypal link there so other people can do it too.

Well, I will put it there, when I do the next release.

You can find the PayPal link via the 'Help' --> About. There is the link too.

Cheers.

hello, first of all i wanna say a great thanks for your job and make it free for all! really appreciated!
after some basic test, i have encountered some problems with f1 2019 on XBOX.
i'm able to run the tool from Workstation and get data from XBOX but after some races (one, 2 or 3) i always get the telemetry tool completely frezzed with CPU at 100%. wait many minutes but nothing changed. i've tried to disable some settings but it keeps hanging.
my doubt is that i forward 20777 port from simhub software (i use also a special dashboard) so i get data from f1 2019 on 20778 and simhub forwards it to 20777 for telemetry. of course both on the same ip address.
ive tried to lunch temetry from a bat file for 2Gb ram (of 4 gb on my workstation)...better but not ok. can i try anything else?

last question, is there a way to autosave my telemetry data when recorded for each circuit?

thanks a lot!

Hmm, running out of juice on a laptop is always a possible issue.

So to run a "minimal setup", you do this:
1) start the tool to Race Info tab and don't change it (full Telemetry gets saved and you can view it, when you are not using the live data. Race Info is the least resource hungry tab to keep open.
2) set CPU limit to minimum and
3) set DELTA accuracy to minimum and
4) set Blue Lap to 'non lap'. With this you could experiment, if turning the blue lap off helps.

This way you should be able to run the tool under 500MB easily and go even to about 250MB with the memory limit. This would be good for 5 lap online racing activity. Below the 250MB you will hit 'out of memory errors'. If you want bit faster updates, you can set the CPU on faster level. It will not take much memory, but will make the Telemetry tool's update cycle frequency higher.

For the last question, can you elaborate bit more, what you want to do?

Cheers.

PS. On a different note, I have been working on performance tuning/optimizations for the next version to accommodate the large variety of the platforms, where the Telemetry tool is being used. There is no ETA for the new version though.

Hmm, running out of juice on a laptop is always a possible issue.

So to run a "minimal setup", you do this:
1) start the tool to Race Info tab and don't change it (full Telemetry gets saved and you can view it, when you are not using the live data. Race Info is the least resource hungry tab to keep open.
2) set CPU limit to minimum and
3) set DELTA accuracy to minimum and
4) set Blue Lap to 'non lap'. With this you could experiment, if turning the blue lap off helps.

This way you should be able to run the tool under 500MB easily and go even to about 250MB with the memory limit. This would be good for 5 lap online racing activity. Below the 250MB you will hit 'out of memory errors'. If you want bit faster updates, you can set the CPU on faster level. It will not take much memory, but will make the Telemetry tool's update cycle frequency higher.

For the last question, can you elaborate bit more, what you want to do?

Cheers.

PS. On a different note, I have been working on performance tuning/optimizations for the next version to accommodate the large variety of the platforms, where the Telemetry tool is being used. There is no ETA for the new version though.

ok i've ran telemetry with settings you described and seems to be better. it hanged only one when switch from "race info" to "telemetry". retried with game closed and it worked perfectly. in this way the tool take about 1,5gb of ram...really high...but it works and this is must important.

i will keep you updated if i find any other issues.

thanks a lot!

@Iko Rein Automobilista 2 (AMS2) is using the same engine as PCARS 2 and has UDP output. The driving screen is receiving data from the game but the live traces do not see to be showing up and there are no saved files. Have you tried AMS2 with this telemetry software?

Last edited:
@Iko Rein Automobilista 2 (AMS2) is using the same engine as PCARS 2 and has UDP output. The driving screen is receiving data from the game but the live traces do not see to be showing up and there are no saved files. Have you tried AMS2 with this telemetry software?

Hi, I have not tried AMS2 with my tool. If the data format is exactly the same, it might be quite easy to make my tool to work with AMS2. But as I don't have that game, it will be bit tough for me to do any testing.

As you are saying, you get the data to the driving screen, i.e. does the data on the Raw Data get updated? And is there data on the other screens? If yes, on which screens you get data? If the dataformat is the same, then the simplest way to add support would require track and car data to be added.

The map data + telemetry data doesn't get saved or dislayed, as there is wrong data for the saving to work. The tool uses the track map data to show some of the stuff. And the track maps need to be created by driving, which is bit tedious work.

If the base seems to work, we could do bit testing on gathering some key data and I could add as experimental feature the AMS 2 support to my tool. But I would need to rely on you (and/or other AMS2 players) to provide the data.

Cheers.

ok i've ran telemetry with settings you described and seems to be better. it hanged only one when switch from "race info" to "telemetry". retried with game closed and it worked perfectly. in this way the tool take about 1,5gb of ram...really high...but it works and this is must important.

i will keep you updated if i find any other issues.

thanks a lot!

One thing to note, if you have in the map screen the 'Show driven lines' selected, uncheck that. The way it has been written, it might actually make the tool run slower and slower and on slow/low end system might cause issues.

I am planning to rewrite the map part for the version, which will be released when F1 2020 is out.

Cheers.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Forum trophies