Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 9.3c

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, I have not tried AMS2 with my tool. If the data format is exactly the same, it might be quite easy to make my tool to work with AMS2. But as I don't have that game, it will be bit tough for me to do any testing.

As you are saying, you get the data to the driving screen, i.e. does the data on the Raw Data get updated? And is there data on the other screens? If yes, on which screens you get data? If the dataformat is the same, then the simplest way to add support would require track and car data to be added.

The map data + telemetry data doesn't get saved or dislayed, as there is wrong data for the saving to work. The tool uses the track map data to show some of the stuff. And the track maps need to be created by driving, which is bit tedious work.

If the base seems to work, we could do bit testing on gathering some key data and I could add as experimental feature the AMS 2 support to my tool. But I would need to rely on you (and/or other AMS2 players) to provide the data.

Cheers.
Yes all the data seems to be getting through and updating all OK. I would be happy to help get what ever data you might need. I also have to drive track edges for AMS1 with other tlemetry software I have so I am quite used to doing that. Just let me know what we need to do to get your software underway for AMS2.

Hi!

first of all, the app seems to be great and exactly what I need; second, I am a complete noob when it comes to computers and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to set it up on my mac. Read the readme and all, but can't seem to make it install. :( I'm either stupid or I lack basic IT skills. Please help!

Edit: managed to install with some help from a friend but now I can't seem to make it to fetch data. :(

Last edited:
Yes all the data seems to be getting through and updating all OK. I would be happy to help get what ever data you might need. I also have to drive track edges for AMS1 with other tlemetry software I have so I am quite used to doing that. Just let me know what we need to do to get your software underway for AMS2.

Hi,

Just posted you a PM on the 9.4 beta and AMS2.

For others, if you are interested
a) Testing the Telemetry tool with AMS2 and/or
b) Testing the Telemetry tool with F1 2020 Beta week 2
just send me a pm.

Cheers

Hi!

first of all, the app seems to be great and exactly what I need; second, I am a complete noob when it comes to computers and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to set it up on my mac. Read the readme and all, but can't seem to make it install. :( I'm either stupid or I lack basic IT skills. Please help!

Edit: managed to install with some help from a friend but now I can't seem to make it to fetch data. :(

On which platform you run F1 2019? I would assume on a console.

On the Telemetry tool you can find the IP address of your Mac by going to Tool --> Show my IP Address. Most likely the primary IP address is the right one. Now enter that IP address to the F1 2019 Telemetry settings IP field. You must also enable the Telemetry data. Keep broadcasting off.

Now restart the Telemetry tool on the Mac and restart F1 2019. The data should come to the Telemetry tool.

Cheers

Got it! When I tried to send $10 this sh.t PayPal wants $1 in fees (I hate them btw :)).
Instead of paying them and sending you $9 I'd prefer to use another way and not pay banks stuff. Do you want to do instead:
- IBAN (I have a German bank account)
or
- Google pay

Or you still prefer Paypal?

Well, I will put it there, when I do the next release.

You can find the PayPal link via the 'Help' --> About. There is the link too.

Cheers.

Hey @Iko Rein, any update on this issue?

Hey @Iko Rein, thanks again for the awesome app! When I load the attached ghost lap, the sector 1 and 2 times are wrong as in the attached picture (circled at the bottom). Could you take a look and let me know if I am doing something wrong or is it an issue in the lap/software? I had to change the lap file extension to txt as racedept does not allow csv files, so you can just change it back to csv.

Thanks in advance!

Hey @Iko Rein, any update on this issue?

I think you are using Ghost's data for the blue lap.

If I remember correctly, the game doesn't give out proper S1 & S2 times for the Ghost, only some of the driver's input. And I am doing some "semi smart" stuff there to get the S1 & S2 times, as S3 time is always calculated from total time vs. S1 + S2.

I will look into this at the same time, when I do more work on the F1 2020.

The Ghost data is just a nice side product of getting some of the other car's data. But it is bit limited, as the data from the game is quite limited. With the save ghost data, the time trace, the speed trace + brake spots are the key on understanding the ghosts driving. The sector times are secondary, as you have the time trace, which tells you how much ahead/behind you are at any point and where you can gain more time.

But looking at the trace, it is quite interesting.

RED lost maybe 1.2 seconds to the ghost on the first sector (the lines above and below timeDiff 0 line is +-1Second). E.g. for T1 RED started braking at the same time, but the BLUE broke much less, did little off-on brake in the turn (slight lock-up?). This resulted the blue was quicker out of T1, gaining already about 0.4 seconds before T2.

And then at the end of S1 after the turns the BLUE was driving on lower gear, maybe getting better turning and better acceleration from the last left hander before the straight. There the BLUE gained maybe 0.6 seconds, as RED also lifted throttle (oversteer on uphill?). I might look at the driving lines on the Map view and compare them too. And maybe use also the comparison view on the side (the slider moves the cursor). My guess is that in the driving lines between the RED and BLUE there are quite many differences, especially in and out of T1 + the last left hand bender in S1.

Cheers.

Hi Oki and everyone else reading this.

First of all, my compliments for the application. I'm sure alot of simracers find it very helpfull. :)
I'm trying to get the top 20 data out of the game when the race has finished.

So the final position (all 20 players/AI's) Timepenalty's fastest lap time etc.

I tried it on LAN mode, fortunately in LAN mode, the name i set before joining the lobby is visual in the software. I do get some information such as top speed, and final position after the race, but not everything yet.

Idealy it would show up in for example "opponents stats" and then I would be able to export it to for example csv. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Hi Oki and everyone else reading this.

First of all, my compliments for the application. I'm sure alot of simracers find it very helpfull. :)
I'm trying to get the top 20 data out of the game when the race has finished.

So the final position (all 20 players/AI's) Timepenalty's fastest lap time etc.

I tried it on LAN mode, fortunately in LAN mode, the name i set before joining the lobby is visual in the software. I do get some information such as top speed, and final position after the race, but not everything yet.

Idealy it would show up in for example "opponents stats" and then I would be able to export it to for example csv. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

If you enable in the Settings the "Save detailed race history to file", the tool will save after race a .history file, which contain per lap data for all drivers.

And you can load those files to the tool to view them. Problem with F1 2019 and earlier is that the race feed stops, when you pass the finish line, i.e. if you are leading, only your data will be "full".

In other games (ACC, PC2 & AMS2), the data continues coming after you finish the race. In F1 2020 there will be "final classification", which will have the race end data for all cars. I don't know yet, how I will use that.

Cheers.

If you enable in the Settings the "Save detailed race history to file", the tool will save after race a .history file, which contain per lap data for all drivers.

And you can load those files to the tool to view them. Problem with F1 2019 and earlier is that the race feed stops, when you pass the finish line, i.e. if you are leading, only your data will be "full".

In other games (ACC, PC2 & AMS2), the data continues coming after you finish the race. In F1 2020 there will be "final classification", which will have the race end data for all cars. I don't know yet, how I will use that.

Cheers.

Hi! Thanks, will try out tomorrow.
How about when i host the game, spectate it and for example 15 players join via LAN?

Do you think i'll have more information to show in F1 2019?

Thanks

Hi! Thanks, will try out tomorrow.
How about when i host the game, spectate it and for example 15 players join via LAN?

Do you think i'll have more information to show in F1 2019?

Thanks
Hi,

Hi, I don't know, how it works on the Spectator mode. Never used it or tested on such use. Might work, as spectator should see the race to the end.

Cheers.

Installed and looks fantastic. But how do I use it offline?? Just started working - don't know how!!

Last edited:
Game keeps crashing for me (ACC) when I actually start any session. Telemetry program starts OK at first but when I open ACC and select a session the ACC game crashes. The crash report is below. Any ideas. I am using 9.3c Rev:2137

LoginId:fb51d62f4d36f32441ee508b1d47204d
EpicAccountId:

Unhandled exception

KERNELBASE
VCRUNTIME140
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
kernel32
ntdll

Installed and looks fantastic. But how do I use it offline?? Just started working - don't know how!!
Hi,

Pretty straightforward.

Open up the telemetry, drive few laps on your game. Make sure you are getting data to the tool (e.g. car dot is moving in the large map).

Close the game.

In the Telemetry tool you could press CTRL-O (for Open file), and select one of the files created. This opens a saved file as RED lap. (You can also open another lap as Reference lap as BLUE lap.

Note, by default when opening the dialog the tool only shows available laps for the current track. You can change the track from the dropdown on top left.

Now you should have the red and blue lap open and you can do comparison between these two laps. You could enable the Time Diff chart which shows delta between the two laps over the lap. The timediff is a good start, as you can easily see, where you are losing/gaining time compared to the other lap. Also having the speed, brake, throttle and steer traces open allows you to do quite good analysis.

You can make more graphs visible with the checkbox, the sliders move the traces and alter their height.

Here is a pretty good intro to the Telemetry analysis
https://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/telemetry-and-data-analysis-introduction/
and something newer
https://unendinginsight.wordpress.com/2019/05/30/2019-monaco-gp-qualifying-telemetry-analysis/

Getting these kind of graphs from the race sims was one of the main reasons, why I started developing my tool. Especially the trace on the scarbsf1 had a great influence on the tool. (And if you want to have the white background, press key A (for Alternative color) to change between dark and light modes.

You can expand the graph usage by having the Map view open, soyou can see the exact driving lines. And having the Comparison open, so you see some of the controls + the friction circle visualized.

Cheers.

Game keeps crashing for me (ACC) when I actually start any session. Telemetry program starts OK at first but when I open ACC and select a session the ACC game crashes. The crash report is below. Any ideas. I am using 9.3c Rev:2137

LoginId:fb51d62f4d36f32441ee508b1d47204d
EpicAccountId:

Unhandled exception

KERNELBASE
VCRUNTIME140
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
AC2_Win64_Shipping
kernel32
ntdll

Hi,

Hard to say, where the error comes. My tool only writes to the broadcast.json (under the Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config. You could delete that to see, if it is causing the issues. If you delete it, the tool will create a new default file with broadcast disabled.

If that was the cause, you could edit in the file the port number + passwords by hand to be the same as with the Telemetry tool.

Cheers.

Hi! Thanks for a good work with Telemetry tool!

Is it possible to send some of the recorded telemetry data to a friend for analysis/comparision with their recorded laps?
I have a telemetry recorder (and sender) script myself (to post records on Slack channel :) ) and it stores raw data, too. Really simple structure, every UDP packet simply stored in a separate binary file, timestamp name and a dedicated folder for every stage. It would be nice to send/receive similar raw data for use with your Telemetry application.
(main subject being Dirt Rally 2.0)

best regards

Thanks for a great tool.
Sometimes the second trace, I'm using blue for fastest lap and red for current, doesn't appear during the lap?
And a query - can the tool be set to open full screen on a second monitor when launched??

Hi! Thanks for a good work with Telemetry tool!

Is it possible to send some of the recorded telemetry data to a friend for analysis/comparision with their recorded laps?
I have a telemetry recorder (and sender) script myself (to post records on Slack channel :) ) and it stores raw data, too. Really simple structure, every UDP packet simply stored in a separate binary file, timestamp name and a dedicated folder for every stage. It would be nice to send/receive similar raw data for use with your Telemetry application.
(main subject being Dirt Rally 2.0)

best regards

Depending bit how you want to do the comparison, you could do that with the "debug feed". Technically it is the same feed, that comes from the game, but saved in .csv format, so it is easy to read in case one needs to do a packet-by-packet analysis.

You enable the 'debug feed' in the baseSettings.xml, just set the
<entry key="writeServerDebug">true</entry>

Then when you use the tool, it will write to the install directory a debug file, which you can (after zipping) send to your friend. You friend can then use the apps.Feed (see the ReadMe.txt on details) to run the feed (after unzipping it) on his/her own copy of the Telemetry tool.

The apps.Feed takes the debug file, and sends the packet in the game UDP binary format. So to my tool it looks like data is coming for a game.

Cheers.

PS. One caveat, this debug-fed thing is a "dev tool", so it might change from one release to another without notification.

Thanks for a great tool.
Sometimes the second trace, I'm using blue for fastest lap and red for current, doesn't appear during the lap?
And a query - can the tool be set to open full screen on a second monitor when launched??

Hi,

If I remember correctly, during an outlap there is no trace drawn in F1 games. I think this was because in F1 games on outlap the lap distance is negative, until you hit the start finish line. And I could not reliably detect the distance. Might be able to do it on F1 2020 though. But I am not 100% sure, I need to check that.

And for the second screen, yes the tool saves the position of the window. This with littel caveat, there is small t bug in 9.3 and earlier versions, which means if you have secondary screen on top of the main screen, then the saving doesn't work or actually the tool automatically returns to the primary screen. This will be fixed in future versions.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi,

Hard to say, where the error comes. My tool only writes to the broadcast.json (under the Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config. You could delete that to see, if it is causing the issues. If you delete it, the tool will create a new default file with broadcast disabled.

If that was the cause, you could edit in the file the port number + passwords by hand to be the same as with the Telemetry tool.

Cheers.
No luck unfortunately. The crash placed four files in the folder named 'Crashes'. Is it worth sending these files to you so understand what the issue might be? Other users might have similar problem, might help them too? Or maybe mine is a rare case of the programme not working properly for any number of strange reasons. So be it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 378 39.6%