Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 9.3c

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, great app for what I can use so far, I suspect my windows laptop isn't the best for this kind of thing. I've followed the ReadMe file and found the section where it states 'If your laptop/system has 4GB of memory, then the 1GB option is good solution'. Well my laptop has 4gb RAM so I want to limit it to the 1gb but I'm unsure if I have done it correctly. Basically I have right clicked on the desktop, created a new shortcut, clicked browse and found the telemetry executable jar file. Then I simply copy and pasted the -Xmx1024m onto the end, so in the create shortcut where it says 'type the location of the item' it reads;
"C:\Users\scott\Documents\Race Development Telemetry\Telemetry.jar" -Xmx1024m
Have I done this correctly or have I messed up? This is my first go at doing stuff like this so I just wanted to make sure I have followed the steps correctly. Thanks

Update. I got this working by switching Track. For the record I was at Donington and switched to Cadwell and all the telemetry showed.

When your lap gets discounted by the race director, the screen turns a different colour. I have it to record still. However it changed straight away to a different colour before and did not record anything. Hope this helps the debugging ...

Hi, great app for what I can use so far, I suspect my windows laptop isn't the best for this kind of thing. I've followed the ReadMe file and found the section where it states 'If your laptop/system has 4GB of memory, then the 1GB option is good solution'. Well my laptop has 4gb RAM so I want to limit it to the 1gb but I'm unsure if I have done it correctly. Basically I have right clicked on the desktop, created a new shortcut, clicked browse and found the telemetry executable jar file. Then I simply copy and pasted the -Xmx1024m onto the end, so in the create shortcut where it says 'type the location of the item' it reads;
"C:\Users\scott\Documents\Race Development Telemetry\Telemetry.jar" -Xmx1024m
Have I done this correctly or have I messed up? This is my first go at doing stuff like this so I just wanted to make sure I have followed the steps correctly. Thanks

Not sure that will work as you intend.

I tried this by editing one of the .bat files.

They are called "runWin_2GB_memory_limit.bat"

You can open them with any text edit.

Then just change the script too:

Code:
@echo off
start bin\win\bin\javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -jar Telemetry.jar
exit

That should work for you.

Not sure that will work as you intend.

I tried this by editing one of the .bat files.

They are called "runWin_2GB_memory_limit.bat"

You can open them with any text edit.

Then just change the script too:

Code:
@echo off
start bin\win\bin\javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -jar Telemetry.jar
exit

That should work for you.

Legend! Much easier than what I was doing thank you so much for your help

Seems to be an issue with Donington. Tried other tracks and they worked ok. But not with Donington ?

Also, the saved files do not seem to save the opponent laps. Is that something I've not configured?

This app has so much promise but I just can't seem to get it to work right.

Seems to be an issue with Donington. Tried other tracks and they worked ok. But not with Donington ?

Also, the saved files do not seem to save the opponent laps. Is that something I've not configured?

This app has so much promise but I just can't seem to get it to work right.
Here I assume you are using PC2. Which Telemetry tool version are you using? And which Donington variation? GP or the shorter one?

And there is no telemetry data on the first outlap in PC2, but you can see the data e.g. in Driving pane.

Opponent laps don't work with PC2. I could make something with the laptimes, but as there is no proper speed data for the cars or distance, there is no way to do them in PC2. For ACC I will be doing something in next version.

Cheers.

Legend! Much easier than what I was doing thank you so much for your help

I see, you got the answer already.

Running 2GB might be better, than 1GB. If you go with 1GB option, you migth want to reduce the timedelta accuracy significantly and also during the race it might be best to stay on the RaceInfo most of the time.

Next version (in final stages of testing) will reduce the required memory footprint.

Cheers.

Here I assume you are using PC2. Which Telemetry tool version are you using? And which Donington variation? GP or the shorter one?

And there is no telemetry data on the first outlap in PC2, but you can see the data e.g. in Driving pane.

Opponent laps don't work with PC2. I could make something with the laptimes, but as there is no proper speed data for the cars or distance, there is no way to do them in PC2. For ACC I will be doing something in next version.

Cheers.

Thanks for getting back to me and for your work on this tool. I too work on some community motorsports resources on my blog so very much appreciate the effort you have gone too here.

Yes. I am using PC2 on PS4. I am streaming over UDP to a Mac. I am running the version 9.2_1 Rev: 2059

The issue was with Donington National. I can see myself going round on the track map. Even the other cars going round but there is no telemetry traces - the screen goes the colour like when you exceed track limits.

Hope this helps the debug. Can give you more info so just say if you need it.

Regarding the opponent data. There are three things here:
1- The saved race history files do not seem to have any data in them. I get the summary ok after the race but then there is no way to reload that.
2- For some tracks there is one .history file (eg Imola) but other tracks there is a seperate history file for EACH lap (eg Silverstone GP)
3- Regarding the opponents actual lap times. This really would be great to capture if possible. The data is there because you can plot them on the track map. It would be really great to have a speed (and therefore lap delta) profile for all the laps for every driver - I was really hoping that you could log that as some of the AI cars are crazy fast and I don't know how! I don't know what other competitor data is available but at least that would be very handy.

FYI - I have just used your software for a "learn about motorsports data video" as having the ability to see the traces live I think is really beneficial for people new to data.

If you like I'll post a link here when it is uploaded.

Thanks again for all your work on this.

Thanks for getting back to me and for your work on this tool. I too work on some community motorsports resources on my blog so very much appreciate the effort you have gone too here.

Yes. I am using PC2 on PS4. I am streaming over UDP to a Mac. I am running the version 9.2_1 Rev: 2059

The issue was with Donington National. I can see myself going round on the track map. Even the other cars going round but there is no telemetry traces - the screen goes the colour like when you exceed track limits.

Can you do the following?
  1. Start the Telemetry tool
  2. Drive in the donington on PS4.
  3. Open the 'RAW DATA Window'. Send me whole or partial screen shot, which has the data visible between the green areas.
My suspicion is that there is some data discrepancy between the PS4 and PC version.

V_93_RawData_image_2.png

Regarding the opponent data. There are three things here:
1- The saved race history files do not seem to have any data in them. I get the summary ok after the race but then there is no way to reload that.
2- For some tracks there is one .history file (eg Imola) but other tracks there is a seperate history file for EACH lap (eg Silverstone GP)
3- Regarding the opponents actual lap times. This really would be great to capture if possible. The data is there because you can plot them on the track map. It would be really great to have a speed (and therefore lap delta) profile for all the laps for every driver - I was really hoping that you could log that as some of the AI cars are crazy fast and I don't know how! I don't know what other competitor data is available but at least that would be very handy.

FYI - I have just used your software for a "learn about motorsports data video" as having the ability to see the traces live I think is really beneficial for people new to data.

If you like I'll post a link here when it is uploaded.

Thanks again for all your work on this.

You can reload the race history via 'file' -- 'open race history file'. This will open the race history, i.e. laptime/track position etc. history.

The issue with the opponent data is, the speed trace from the calculated values is not pretty (position data is bit sketchy, laptime too), thus needing a lot of mangling to make it proper. As I will be working on that area for ACC, I will check what I can do with the PC2 data on the side. Maybe a limited laptime trace might be handy to see see, in which areas one is losing time the most and where to focus practice.

I have noticed, that on online races some of the cars really just accelerate like crazy. At least in F1 online games typically 95% people have ABS + TC on max, so I would guess the same applies in other games too.

Cheers.

I see, you got the answer already.

Running 2GB might be better, than 1GB. If you go with 1GB option, you migth want to reduce the timedelta accuracy significantly and also during the race it might be best to stay on the RaceInfo most of the time.

Next version (in final stages of testing) will reduce the required memory footprint.

Cheers.

It does seem to now work on the 4GB and the 2GB options now without faulting even though before it seemed to struggle and crash. I don't know why this is (I followed some youtube videos to help speed up my laptop and now it seems fine), I'm not a computer expert but also I'm not complaining. It's a really brilliant and interesting tool you have created. I just wish I was actually better at the game because all it's done is confirm that I am rubbish everywhere on all circuits, but that's something for me to figure out :-D. Thanks again!

It does seem to now work on the 4GB and the 2GB options now without faulting even though before it seemed to struggle and crash. I don't know why this is (I followed some youtube videos to help speed up my laptop and now it seems fine), I'm not a computer expert but also I'm not complaining. It's a really brilliant and interesting tool you have created. I just wish I was actually better at the game because all it's done is confirm that I am rubbish everywhere on all circuits, but that's something for me to figure out :-D. Thanks again!

Good news Scott ... Regarding the driving ... You might like the little video I've done (here) on how to start to use this telemetry to help you improve your driving.

Having this telemetry app should really help you accelerate that process! (Forgive my poor driving too haha!!)

Can you do the following?
  1. Start the Telemetry tool
  2. Drive in the donington on PS4.
  3. Open the 'RAW DATA Window'. Send me whole or partial screen shot, which has the data visible between the green areas.
My suspicion is that there is some data discrepancy between the PS4 and PC version.

View attachment 363955

You can reload the race history via 'file' -- 'open race history file'. This will open the race history, i.e. laptime/track position etc. history.

The issue with the opponent data is, the speed trace from the calculated values is not pretty (position data is bit sketchy, laptime too), thus needing a lot of mangling to make it proper. As I will be working on that area for ACC, I will check what I can do with the PC2 data on the side. Maybe a limited laptime trace might be handy to see see, in which areas one is losing time the most and where to focus practice.

I have noticed, that on online races some of the cars really just accelerate like crazy. At least in F1 online games typically 95% people have ABS + TC on max, so I would guess the same applies in other games too.

Cheers.

Ok. I will take a look.

The reload race history is not working properly I don't think.

Have a look:

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 10.21.51.png

The silverstone nat, spa and imola seem ok. The donington nat and silverstone gp do not seem right.

If you are up for doing anything with the opponent data that would be amazing ... even if you could just capture the raw data in a file so we could have a go at working out their lap times and lap deltas.

Ok. I will take a look.

The reload race history is not working properly I don't think.

Have a look:

View attachment 364763

The silverstone nat, spa and imola seem ok. The donington nat and silverstone gp do not seem right.

If you are up for doing anything with the opponent data that would be amazing ... even if you could just capture the raw data in a file so we could have a go at working out their lap times and lap deltas.

I have seen that behavior, when the track data is not correct, as the system tries to change track constantly, thus writing stuff around, which it maybe should not do.

As said, I assume there is some discrepancy between the data from PS4 and PC. If you can do the debug feed stuff (as I wrote in PM), I can check that. I have added some extra safeguards around the tool for such cases, i.e. it will not do 'track change', if the new track data is rubbish.

Cheers.

Hi Iko, first of all I want to thank you for creating such an awesome software. Is there any possibility to see the values at the highlighted point in the telemetry data? E.g. if I want to see the value for revs at a specific point, where can I see them? Thx!

Last edited:
Hi Iko, first of all I want to thank you for creating such an awesome software. Is there any possibility to see the values at the highlighted point in the telemetry data? E.g. if I want to see the value for revs at a specific point, where can I see them? Thx!

The values are at the bottom left of the telemetry page

True. But at least for me only speed, throttle, brake, gear, steer, the time difference, and distance. Other values like revs, g-forces etc. are not displayed for me.

True. But at least for me only speed, throttle, brake, gear, steer, the time difference, and distance. Other values like revs, g-forces etc. are not displayed for me.

It is true, that not all data is shown, only some pre-selected items.

If you open also the Comparison tab and move the slider, the cursor will move on both (Telemetry and Comparison) and in comparison you can see the g-forces in the friction circle. Quite handy and if you have map open too (the cursor moves there too, if it is visible), you can also view the exact driving line for both laps in comparison.

I could add more data to the "cursor box", but I am not sure what is really needed and how to stuff them into the dialog. Maybe opening another small dialog might be easy way around that. And it might make it easier to show the data between two points too (e.g. the friction circle details etc).

Cheers.

It is true, that not all data is shown, only some pre-selected items.

I could add more data to the "cursor box", but I am not sure what is really needed and how to stuff them into the dialog. Maybe opening another small dialog might be easy way around that. And it might make it easier to show the data between two points too (e.g. the friction circle details etc).
Quite common in commercial data analysis software you can see the data value at the cursor position. Or in a table. You also get y-axis legends.

Have a look at this example: (at 3 mins)

Last edited:
Hi Iko, regarding upgrading the application (I currently have v9.1), do I just unzip 9.2 in the same folder where 9.1 was unzipped? Thank!

Hi Iko, regarding upgrading the application (I currently have v9.1), do I just unzip 9.2 in the same folder where 9.1 was unzipped? Thank!

Yep. Note that if you are using ACC, there is new broadcast API in the latest ACC. This means, there is at the moment no data about other cars available. I am working on the fix at the moment and will add that to the new 9.3.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back