Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 9.3c

Login or Register an account to download this content
No luck unfortunately. The crash placed four files in the folder named 'Crashes'. Is it worth sending these files to you so understand what the issue might be? Other users might have similar problem, might help them too? Or maybe mine is a rare case of the programme not working properly for any number of strange reasons. So be it.

You should send them to Kunos. I am in no way affiliated with them, except I ported my Telemetry tool for ACC.

can you export the race detail data to csv or XML?

Do you mean the race history data, i.e. the .history file?

At the moment the format is what it is. You could parse that however for your own use, it is pretty simple format. I once chatted with someone on the possibility to create the Excel macro to convert the .history file into an Excel worksheet, but I don't know if anything came from that.

I also looked at the option to write the data out direct as .xlsx, but never got into that path. I have also been thinking, if I would do a json output and use that myself, but the "3rd party readable format" is still at a very early planning stage.

Cheers

Hi, does the data transmission for F1 2019 works also to send data from a PC where the game is on to another one outside of my wifi network? Are the settings the same as in the readme file? Thanks

Yes, if you know the IP and there is route between the game and the PC "outside of wifi network". I have tested the traffic from Europe to an AWS instance in Asia.

Typical issues preventing this is are 1) slow network in between and 2) firewalls preventing UDP traffic.

Cheers

I see, thanks for the explanation. You are right that the time, speed and braking are most important. Still having the time sectors and deltas would be nice as I don't have to calculate it myself.
But its' not a huge deal, thanks mate!

I think you are using Ghost's data for the blue lap.

If I remember correctly, the game doesn't give out proper S1 & S2 times for the Ghost, only some of the driver's input. And I am doing some "semi smart" stuff there to get the S1 & S2 times, as S3 time is always calculated from total time vs. S1 + S2.

I will look into this at the same time, when I do more work on the F1 2020.

The Ghost data is just a nice side product of getting some of the other car's data. But it is bit limited, as the data from the game is quite limited. With the save ghost data, the time trace, the speed trace + brake spots are the key on understanding the ghosts driving. The sector times are secondary, as you have the time trace, which tells you how much ahead/behind you are at any point and where you can gain more time.

But looking at the trace, it is quite interesting.

RED lost maybe 1.2 seconds to the ghost on the first sector (the lines above and below timeDiff 0 line is +-1Second). E.g. for T1 RED started braking at the same time, but the BLUE broke much less, did little off-on brake in the turn (slight lock-up?). This resulted the blue was quicker out of T1, gaining already about 0.4 seconds before T2.

And then at the end of S1 after the turns the BLUE was driving on lower gear, maybe getting better turning and better acceleration from the last left hander before the straight. There the BLUE gained maybe 0.6 seconds, as RED also lifted throttle (oversteer on uphill?). I might look at the driving lines on the Map view and compare them too. And maybe use also the comparison view on the side (the slider moves the cursor). My guess is that in the driving lines between the RED and BLUE there are quite many differences, especially in and out of T1 + the last left hand bender in S1.

Cheers.

I see, thanks for the explanation. You are right that the time, speed and braking are most important. Still having the time sectors and deltas would be nice as I don't have to calculate it myself.
But its' not a huge deal, thanks mate!

I have looked at the Ghost lap stuff for F1 2020 and have fixed some issues, like there seemed to be a randomly data from the previous ghost in the data etc. I expect with F1 2020 the ghost part will be much more robust. The data is still bit limited though.

On the S1 & S2 times.

As I remembered, there is no S1 or S2 time from game for Ghost. I could calculate an estimate, i.e. when the ghost lapdistance passes from e.g. S1 to S2. But that would not be accurate as there are plenty of source for errors, which will compoudn, i.e. like there is no exact knowledge of S1 and S2 end distances in the game.

I used to do it that way in versions for F1 2015 and older. And then the S1 + S2 distances were also estimates, so the S1 + S2 times were from 0.1 to 3 seconds off. The variance is too big to make the data useful.

Cheers.

An idea. Could a trace of corners be an option on the Telemetry display. Say the positions/points of the apex??

This is something I have been thinking as an extension to the minisectors now in the tool. This is the feature, where in F1 games and PC2/AMS2 you will see the flag colors on track map.

I wanted to be able to edit the minisectors for non-F1 games. F1 2018 and newer the game sends minisector data. And if I can make such editor for the map, I could also easily add a "apex points" as alternative to the minisectors in the Telemetry. I will see what I can do. Might be actually quite useful feature.

Cheers.

This is something I have been thinking as an extension to the minisectors now in the tool. This is the feature, where in F1 games and PC2/AMS2 you will see the flag colors on track map.

I wanted to be able to edit the minisectors for non-F1 games. F1 2018 and newer the game sends minisector data. And if I can make such editor for the map, I could also easily add a "apex points" as alternative to the minisectors in the Telemetry. I will see what I can do. Might be actually quite useful feature.

Cheers.

Thanks. Did I read that you have a Paypal or similar account please?? Now found it. What currency?? PayPal came up with Singapore $.

I was thinking about the turn info. Would be good to have T1 etc along the horizontal axis of the T diff trace.

Last edited:
Thanks. Did I read that you have a Paypal or similar account please?? Now found it. What currency?? PayPal came up with Singapore $.

I was thinking about the turn info. Would be good to have T1 etc along the horizontal axis of the T diff trace.

Hi, there is SGP in pre v9.3 version. That is linked to my Singaporean Paypal, which I am moving out of. You could use https://paypal.me/IkoMRein which should default to Euro.

For the turn info, is this what you had in your mind?

V10_turns_in_telemetrry_and_map.png

Here you can see the turn number on the map and the horizontal lines in Telemetry are the location of each turn's apex, i.e. the correspond to the position of "green dot with number".

Cheers.

Thanks for the PayPal info and was surprised by SGD!
Thin green vertical lines look great. I assume the current vertical lines are mini sectors and sectors?? To have the option to change minisectors to corner apexes would be super.

I am using this telemetry view:

1593080124304.png

Is it possible to put "print screen" on a wheel button?? A controller button to do it??

And an IBAN/BIC etc would be better than PayPal??

Cheers.

Last edited:
Yes, agreed. If the margin of error could be so much then indeed there is no point to develop it. Thanks for the explanation!

I have looked at the Ghost lap stuff for F1 2020 and have fixed some issues, like there seemed to be a randomly data from the previous ghost in the data etc. I expect with F1 2020 the ghost part will be much more robust. The data is still bit limited though.

On the S1 & S2 times.

As I remembered, there is no S1 or S2 time from game for Ghost. I could calculate an estimate, i.e. when the ghost lapdistance passes from e.g. S1 to S2. But that would not be accurate as there are plenty of source for errors, which will compoudn, i.e. like there is no exact knowledge of S1 and S2 end distances in the game.

I used to do it that way in versions for F1 2015 and older. And then the S1 + S2 distances were also estimates, so the S1 + S2 times were from 0.1 to 3 seconds off. The variance is too big to make the data useful.

Cheers.

This looks great! If there is an an option to show the turn number at the top/bottom of each vertical green line, that'll be perfect! :) Is it possible to add it?

Hi, there is SGP in pre v9.3 version. That is linked to my Singaporean Paypal, which I am moving out of. You could use https://paypal.me/IkoMRein which should default to Euro.

For the turn info, is this what you had in your mind?

View attachment 383962
Here you can see the turn number on the map and the horizontal lines in Telemetry are the location of each turn's apex, i.e. the correspond to the position of "green dot with number".

Cheers.

This looks great! If there is an an option to show the turn number at the top/bottom of each vertical green line, that'll be perfect! :) Is it possible to add it?

Adding the turn numbers should be doable. I have already frozen the code for V10, still small UI stuff like the numbers are possible.

V10 will have F1 2020 + AMS2 full support, so I am mainly just testing the v10 and waiting for F1 2020 release.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Now I have release candidate for version 10 ready.

This includes full support for AMS2 with all track maps, and support for the latest F1 2020 Beta, hopefully UDP feed spec is the final version.

If you want to give it a go before the F1 2020 release, PM me and I will send you the link.

Here is a little teaser ... rewritten Telemetry
V10_new_telemetry_ACC.png

and rewritten Map view

V10_new_map_ACC.png

Cheers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years