Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 9.3c

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application

New version for F1 2019 and other games.

This version also works with Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC), Project Cars 2, Dirt Rally 2.0 and F1 2018.

This is the tool to make you drive faster regardless of your driving level.

Key features:
  • Assetto Corsa Competizione support (including International GT DLC)
  • Saving race history and later loading it for offline viewing
  • DiRT Rally 2.0 all tracks/cars data added
  • Some PC2 additions/fixes
  • For league F1 racers, option to map...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yeah, I was testing this feature for a while, but most of the drivers in my league seems to choose first car available for their teams, so it was a bit messy and I didn't want to force everybody into it just so that I can use the telemetry app to full extent. Car numbers look like much more elegant workaround and it can also be applied for reserve drivers coming in randomly when someone is absent.

That's great to hear, thank you very much! Waiting for an update then, cheers.
Hello, the update is there.

To set the RaceNum -> Name map, just in the Settings, select the "Create RaceNum-Name map file"
This will create file driver_racenumber_map.csv into the settings directory.
V92_View_menu.png

There you set the race number + related name. See in the image below, where 42 is "Douglas Adams".
V92_F1_Map.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hey,
since years i'm a big fan of this app. :)
I have a question and/or a wish...
is it possible to get a csv file with the race results and maybe the steam id of every driver after an online race.

this would be a fantastic help for our league rankings.

The race history saving + loading works now for ACC, F1 2019 and PC2.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application

Hello,

During my playing I discovered, that the Tab/View change (in F1, PC2 or ACC) functionality triggered from controller/wheel was skipping the Map view. I found that too irritating for myself too, so decided to do a quick fix for the 9.2 branch.

If you are a new user, or if you use from the game the tab change (in F1/PC2 a controller button, in ACC change the view optionally with TC-up/TC-down or ABS -up/ABS-down), then download this version/update.

For update from 9.2, just replace...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello

I'm on Linux and I have a problem when launching the app :

> Telemetry_v9.2_1_with_JRE # bash runLinux.sh
> Telemetry_v9.2_1_with_JRE # Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale apps.RunMe

When I run the runLinux.sh I have a error message about apps.RunMe, do you have any idea why ?

Thanks a lot

Hello

I'm on Linux and I have a problem when launching the app :

> Telemetry_v9.2_1_with_JRE # bash runLinux.sh
> Telemetry_v9.2_1_with_JRE # Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale apps.RunMe

When I run the runLinux.sh I have a error message about apps.RunMe, do you have any idea why ?

Thanks a lot

Hi, are there more error messages, than the ones above? And which Linux?

On my side, I test with XUbuntu before the release that the tool runs on Linux.

Typically if there is an error related to the apps.RunMe, it is because there is no JavaFX included in the Java version or there are some missing libraries.

So if I run:
xubuntu-desktop:~/Telemetry/V92_1$ java -jar Telemetry.jar
Error: Could not find or load main class apps.RunMe
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application
(
I think this is the same as the French error message you got)

So if this is the issue, just untar the linux.tar.gz file in the bin directory.

I did an extra test with standard Ubuntu and found that the libraries included don't work there properly. So it might also be a related issue, you are experiencing.

This causes errors like the one below:
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: /home/test/Telem/bin/linux/lib/amd64/libglassgtk3.so

I solved this by downloading the JRE FX 13 for Ubuntu and for X86_64 architecture from https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/

So just download the packet, untar to the Telemetry tool install dir under bin/linux directory and then the 'bash runLinux.sh' should work.

If the ones above don't help, it could be that the Telemetry.jar is corrupted, so redo the unzipping just in case.

Cheers.

Hey Iko, first of all, thanks for taking the time to contribute and create such awesome software!
Second, is there a place where people upload saved lap telemetry that I can download? I'm looking to improve my racing and I think if I can compare my telemetry to a set lap then I can learn a lot more corner by corner.

Hey Iko, first of all, thanks for taking the time to contribute and create such awesome software!
Second, is there a place where people upload saved lap telemetry that I can download? I'm looking to improve my racing and I think if I can compare my telemetry to a set lap then I can learn a lot more corner by corner.

At the moment there is no such feature, i.e. to access other people's data from a central place.

I have been thinking about that, but then I would need to make the service a 'paid-for' one, as I would most likely have to store the data in an AWS or similar cloud. (One lap file is in average 4M, 200 avg daily users, 40laps in average =>32G/day -> 11T/year + data transfers and other services, maybe some 400$/€/month, so not something to done just for "fun"). At that point I would most likely build also a remote DB for storing some of the other data there for statistics. Base for this is already in 9.2. I just need to decide, if I want to take the jump.

By just looking at your own laps, you should easily be able to iron out the low hanging fruits. Have you tried to use the Telemetry view + Lap comparison + map together, when loading the laps for analysis. It is quite powerful way, when you use the slider in Comparison and the dive into the data in Telemetry (braking etc) and the map (lines driven).

And when those have been picked up, then getting data from others will be helpful.

If you use F1 201x, you can already now use the 'save opponent laps' feature to get the data from your online opponents (+ ghost in TT). If you use ACC, that will come in next tool version with some little caveats (the braking points are estimated/calculated based on the data from game).

Cheers

I see, actually I am totally willing to pay for it. My idea came from what https://virtualracingschool.com/ has done for iRacing. I was paying them while I was subscribed to iRacing and I think the idea is amazing. Actually something else that is awesome from them is having a video (replay) that is synced with the lap. This helps a ton with visualizing braking and turn in points like: in the telemetry map you pick a spot on the map and then the small screen showing the video (either cockpit or chase view) shows the actual view from the car. This is also really powerful for mostly learning tracks, but also for improving the times.
I play F1 2019 btw.
Actually can that be done now btw?

And yeah, I also thought that using the ghost laps would be awesome so I will definitely try it out. Thanks!

Hey,
When I run the app I get weird characters like this. Can you propose a solution? Thanks in advance!View attachment 359825

Interesting. I was just yesterday reading about the character sets on Java.

Below I assume, your system uses some other character set/encoding, than UTF-8.

You could test this via commandline. In your installation (I assume Windows, if linux/mac, replace win with linux or mac ).

Open command prompt and change to the directory, where you installed/unzipped the tool and your Telemetry.jar is residing. Type
> bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.SystemProperties

This outputs plenty of data about your system and the Java settings.

Check for the line with 'sun.jnu.encoding=', it should be UTF-8. Most likely in your case it is something else. I would love to hear/see, what encoding your system is using. Linux/Mac default to the UTF-8, but Windows can default to something more exotic.

To fix this, open the runWin.bat (or runLinx.sh/runMac.sh) and change the line
start bin\win\bin\javaw.exe -jar Telemetry.jar
to be
start bin\win\bin\javaw.exe -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -jar Telemetry.jar

Save the runWin.bat e.g. as runWinUTF8.bat and run it.

That hopefully would fix the issue with charset.

Cheers

Hey, thanks for help!
Thats what I got when using the cmd path
View attachment 360099
The solution did not fix that unfortunately :/

Hmm. Looking more closely at the first screenshot, there is text 423; and 423:, which should be 2019 and 2018. Also in the UI, the first item shoudl be 'File', but in the screenshot it starts with H. So for some reason in your system the font in use is something, where the character is one at two steps to right. We could try the following here to set a default font.

Create file TelemetryFX.css to the place, where you have your Telemetry.jar and copy there the following data between the =============
=======================
* {
-fx-font-family: "Segoe UI";
}
========================

Start the Telemetry tool.

This should set all fonts used in the tool to "Segoe UI", which should be the default. In place of "Segoe UI", you could also try "Times New Roman" or "System" or "Arial" just to see, if it makes any difference on the ui.

Cheers

Hi Iko,

A reminder about my question below, thanks in advance!

I see, actually I am totally willing to pay for it. My idea came from what https://virtualracingschool.com/ has done for iRacing. I was paying them while I was subscribed to iRacing and I think the idea is amazing. Actually something else that is awesome from them is having a video (replay) that is synced with the lap. This helps a ton with visualizing braking and turn in points like: in the telemetry map you pick a spot on the map and then the small screen showing the video (either cockpit or chase view) shows the actual view from the car. This is also really powerful for mostly learning tracks, but also for improving the times.
I play F1 2019 btw.
Actually can that be done now btw?

Hi Iko,

A reminder about my question below, thanks in advance!
... Actually something else that is awesome from them is having a video (replay) that is synced with the lap. T....This is also really powerful for mostly learning tracks, but also for improving the times.
... Actually can that be done now btw?

It cannot be done.

The way I see it would be possible, is that someone would create a system, where somehow for each frame of the game, there is associated telemetry data packet. The game now sends data out at max 60hz (also 30hz and 20hz), but I would expect most people using Telemetry tools, will have much higher FPS in their system (I get from 160 to 215), so getting the data synced to each frame in video would not be possible, as the data itself would be duplicated and the really fine details would be lost. Maybe one could create a capture device, which records at 60hz and inserts the data into the frames and creates tool to view such a video with the telemetry data and then you can do whatever you like with the video. Interesting challenge, but truly out of scope for me.

Cheers

Hmm. Looking more closely at the first screenshot, there is text 423; and 423:, which should be 2019 and 2018. Also in the UI, the first item shoudl be 'File', but in the screenshot it starts with H. So for some reason in your system the font in use is something, where the character is one at two steps to right. We could try the following here to set a default font.

Create file TelemetryFX.css to the place, where you have your Telemetry.jar and copy there the following data between the =============
=======================
* {
-fx-font-family: "Segoe UI";
}
========================

Start the Telemetry tool.

This should set all fonts used in the tool to "Segoe UI", which should be the default. In place of "Segoe UI", you could also try "Times New Roman" or "System" or "Arial" just to see, if it makes any difference on the ui.

Cheers

Thanks man! You are Amazing! Lovely support and the problem is fixed. The Sagoe UI did not work, probably because I don't have it installed in the system. Arial fixed it!

Hey man, really love what you've made so far, keep it up!

My one question/request, however, could you provide an example of how to add your own Driver ID database for multiplayer using the driver_racenumber_map.csv file?

I'm not sure trying to figure this out late at night is a great idea for me haha, but I just have no idea how to get it to work. For context, I'd like to be able to make a database of drivers in a league that I help to run, probably just to make the position change charts.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello all,

Ive been trying to get the telemetry working on my Mac.
The Program is running but I don't get the telemetry from my ps4 into my Mac application.
Can someone help me?

I think I didn't gave the right permissions for the Mac "privacy and security". But I cant get which ones I had to give permission to again. Also not after deleting and "reinstalling" it again.

please help,

Kind regards,
Roland

Hello all,

Ive been trying to get the telemetry working on my Mac.
The Program is running but I don't get the telemetry from my ps4 into my Mac application.
Can someone help me?

I think I didn't gave the right permissions for the Mac "privacy and security". But I cant get which ones I had to give permission to again. Also not after deleting and "reinstalling" it again.

please help,

Kind regards,
Roland

Having similar issues with the same setup (PS4 PC2 + Mac). I get the app running. I even see the telemetry data in the live feed. I see where I am on track. I see my lap time and on the driver view see my throttle and brake etc.

What I don't see is any telemetry data. No traces appear. Nothing is saving either. There is a lot of screen flicker.

I tried different UPD rate from 1,3,4,9. The last gave some small telemetry line but it then disappeared.

I also tried deleting and starting again. Then had the same issues as you Roland.

To sort this you need to go into Mac security and re-give the app permission to start. Have a look at the bottom of this link on the apple support page: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202491

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.